The tubootitis the symptoms and treatment in adults how to treat it and causes
How to recognize and cure tubootitis?
The tubootitis or, as it is called, evstahiit is an inflammation of the Eustachian tube that occur in the acute or chronic forms. The disease is not contagious. In the same way it affects both children and adults whose immune system is weakened and cannot fully protect the body from viruses and infections.
Treatment of tubootitis must be under the supervision of a specialist. Having carefully studied the complaints of the patient and conducting the necessary research, the doctor will select the treatment most appropriate to the specific case. Let us consider how symptoms tubootitis and what treatment should be carried out in each case.
Symptoms of acute tubootitis
The disease is not life-threatening, but the careless attitude to their own health can lead to irreversible consequences including possible complete loss of hearing.
In the process of development of acute forms of the disease are observed the following characteristic of this type of pathology signs:
- Noise and congestion in the ears. As a result of the implication of the tympanic membrane and narrowing of the auditory tube in patients tubootitis have unpleasant tingling, ringing in the ears, there is congestion, usually occurring during colds or after a long flight.
- Autofone. Sounds sick, are reflected in the ears, like an echo, which is not always pleasant. The effect is amplified in the amplification of sounds, independently published – loud voice, shouting.
- A reduction in auditory activity. In case of acute tubootitis hearing loss occurs immediately, but if untreated the symptoms worsen. When you try to yawn or swallow saliva, hearing is improved. Such improvement is due to temporary opening of the lumen of the auditory tube.
- The increase in body temperature. A rare phenomenon in acute tubootitis, mostly observed in young children. In adults, the increase in temperature and slightly less than 38 degrees.
Help. Acute tubootitis is characterized by the absence of ear pain. Often there is a slight tingling in the ears, but the symptom of pain manifests itself only in the transition of diseases into a chronic form.
The described symptoms do not cause significant inconvenience, because many patients are not in a hurry to go to the doctor, thereby exacerbating the situation and causing the transfer of disease from acute to chronic. In addition, there is the risk of escalating tubootitis in suppurative otitis media.
The symptoms of chronic forms of the disease
The symptoms of chronic tubootitis very similar to the symptoms of acute. Observed:
- the turbidity of the tympanic membrane;
- redness in the inner ear;
- the increase in body temperature;
- sometimes severe pain in the ear.
A characteristic feature is the deformation of the tympanic membrane and narrowing of the Eustachian tube, accompanied by a persistent violation of auditory activity. These symptoms are permanent.
Chronic tubootitis occurs periodically. Often the first symptoms similar to the manifestation of ARI and ARI.
Tinnitus and nasal congestion, typical of acute forms of disease appear only when the pressure drops occurring in strong coughing, sneezing, or during takeoff or landing, diving under the water.
A particular danger is a disease for children, the ear canal which are slightly shorter than in adults. Actually, it determines the susceptibility of children to various kinds of diseases of the ears.
Help. In adults, the tubootitis most often unilateral but in children often bilateral occurs tubootitis, a chronic form which is very unpleasant.
An important stage of diagnostics of tubootitis, regardless of its form, is the study of history. If patient complains of tinnitus, a sensation of transfusion fluid and hearing loss, the doctor is obliged to make a poll on the subject if he had recently transferred ARVI and acute respiratory infections, cases of tonsillitis and pharyngitis.
If any was observed, the patient is directed to the diagnosis, the purpose of which is to find out the actual reasons of the above-described symptoms.
Diagnosis tubootitis includes:
- conduct otoscopy;
- smear from the ear.
The latter is necessary to determine the cause of infection. Most often, the tubootitis is a reaction to the penetration of an infection into organism, but we can not exclude that the cause of the disease is an Allergy to food, medicines and chemicals.
Treatment of tubootitis in adults requires a comprehensive approach, involving physiotherapy, antibiotic use and special equipment. Let us consider how and what to treat the disease.
The best result can be achieved by combining medication and physical therapy.
When tubootitis, regardless of its shape and form, it is recommended to take:
- vasoconstrictor drops.
Antihistamines such as Suprastin, Tavegil, claritin, should be used not only to eliminate the effects of allergies, but also to reduce intoxication in the case of infectious inflammation of the mucous.
Elimination of unpleasant symptoms largely contribute to vasoconstrictor drops. Such a drop in the tubootitis, as from flatulence, Sanorin and Glycine, contribute to the relief of edema of the mouth of the Eustachian tube and restoration of its patency.
Treatment of tubootitis in the chronic form, requires a special approach to selection of drugs. The primary task is the elimination of the disease, triggering an inflammatory process in the auditory tube.
Special attention is given to hormonal drugs that reduce the immune response of the inflamed tissue. Hormones are injected into the cavity of the auditory tube with the help of special catheter.
Hormones, vasoconstrictor and antihistamines are designed to treat the symptoms of the disease, but to cure it they ways. In this regard, patients are prescribed medicines that eliminate the cause of the disease.
If we are talking about tonsillitis, vasomotor rhinitis, or pharyngitis, the patient will have to undergo a course of antibiotics. Antibiotic treatment has a positive effect on the speed of recovery.
In the case when the reason for tubootitis is an Allergy treatment consultation need to be combined with a visit to an allergist.
Once the pain and other unpleasant symptoms will disappear tubootitis, it is recommended to proceed with the next phase of treatment is physiotherapy. To restore the functions of the eardrum, it is recommended to clean the pneumomassage.
Massage promotes the removal of the tympanic cavity of excess fluid and reduction occurs in the ears noise.
To restore muscles which are responsible for the width of the lumen of the auditory tube, is electrical stimulation. Exercises when tubootitis should be repeated with the periodicity specified in the advice of a doctor. Prolonged inflammation contributes to the formation of small wounds, the healing which is under the influence of ultraviolet irradiation and UHF.
At observance of all recommendations of the doctor, the treatment of tubootitis does not take much time.
The main thing you should remember — the course of treatment should not be interrupted even in the case when the symptoms are gone. Otherwise, the disease can lie low, to become chronic and can have unpleasant consequences, the most serious of which is damage to the auditory nerve.
In the latter case, affected not only the internal structure of the ear, but will appear irreversible hearing damage.
The tubootitis — a disease which can be easily avoided if certain preventative measures:
- Hardening of the body should be given special attention. Hardening reduces the risk of emergence of viral diseases and further development of tubootitis.
- Properly vysmarkivatsya. When a cold is recommended to blow your nose with only one nostril. Otherwise there is a risk of increasing the pressure in the eardrum, which may lead, in particular, and to the tubootitis.
- Timely treatment of pathologies that provoke tubootitis. Emerging diseases of the upper respiratory tract must be treated immediately. The same applies to ENT diseases and diseases of the nasopharynx.
- Not to contact with allergens. Patients suffering from allergies, you must refrain from contact with substances that causes an allergic reaction. In order to avoid dangerous situations it is best to carry drugs to combat allergies.
The danger of tubootitis is that it can cause various complications, the most likely of which is suppurative otitis media.
Distinct symptoms of the disease has not, because many patients for a long time do not seek medical attention and begin treatment only if the transition of acute to chronic tubootitis.
Simple preventive measures aimed at improving the functioning of the immune system and avoiding physical injury to the ear cavity, protects against the occurrence of the disease and reduce the risk of possible complications.