3 degrees of scoliosis: treatment and special exercises, disability, and photos of patients
Scoliosis of the 3rd degree: what can be done to alleviate the condition?
Scoliosis is a curvature of the spine, which is the anomaly and for pulling a heavy consequences in the absence of adequate treatment.
Occurs both in childhood and in adulthood, and 10% of children with this problem, only 1% require treatment.
Older people with scoliosis may be associated with spinal problems. In the third stage of the scoliosis curvature visible to the naked eye, and difficult for therapy.
The concept of degrees of development of the curvature
There are four degrees of scoliosis depending on the angle of curvature:
- First degree deviation from the axis of no more than 10%. Given that each person has a small deviation, first degree does not affect a person absolutely nothing. Often doctors, putting that diagnosis to the student, intimidated with dire consequences, in fact, if the stage Scrivania no more than a second, on the condition it does not affect, and moreover does not require any treatment.
- Second degree – the issue is more complicated and the percentage of deviation from the axis is already 11 to 25 and in need of correction. If you start a second degree, the disease will develop very quickly, so you should hurry up with special exercises and physical therapy.
- Third degree – deviation, which is 25-50% to the left or right of the axis.
- The fourth stage – deviation of more than 50%.
The threat and danger of the third stage of violation
Podiatrist Dikul: «the Penny product is No. 1 to restore the normal blood supply to the joints. Back and joints will be like in 18 years, enough time in the day to smear… Read more
Scoliosis of 3 degrees – it is a problem, which not only spoils the figure of a man, but also worsens the condition of internal organs and systems suffer from the discs, joints and vertebrae, there is a high probability of disability. This stage is already producing psychological and physical discomfort.
The main task of doctors and the patient at this stage to do everything possible to fix the position of the spine up to 2 stages. This work is complex but feasible (with adequate treatment, exercise therapy, nutrition).
If a doctor makes a 2-3 degree scoliosis, which is from 25 percent deflection to the right or left, the sooner treatment begins, the greater the likelihood that the condition can be improved to 1 degree.
If the angle of curvature reaches 40 to treat exercise and procedures is meaningless, since at this stage requires surgical intervention.
Advanced stage of the disease scoliosis can be a serious threat to life and health:
- people, understanding their physical abnormalities and the visual perception of ourselves often falls into a depression, from which is broken and shared mental state, there are mental disorders;
- women with the third stage of scoliosis can threaten not only problems in gynecology, and infertility;
- the higher the percentage of deviation from the norm, the more problems will arise with heart and blood vessels, kidneys, gastrointestinal tract, lungs;
- the result of running of the disease – atrophy of the muscles of the back, abdomen, extremities;
- prolonged severe pain.
Varieties, forms and locations
During the study of scoliosis there are many different classifications based on the forms and varieties of the disease.
Classification of scoliosis according to V. Chaklin:
- Mild scoliosis is a deviation from the norm of 5 to 10 degrees. If the patient is in the horizontal position – almost not noticeable.
- The next stage of development of the disease when the curvature is noticeable in any position, may be a rib hump due to improperly fused bones.
- The angle of curvature more than 30 degrees, which gives complications on heart and lungs.
- Sharp scoliosis — pronounced and accompanied by severe pain during sudden movements. At this stage, there is always a hump and occur the pathological changes of internal organs and systems.
In medical practice there are three types of scoliosis:
- S-shaped, the doctor can detect when examining a patient. You just need to tilt the man forward, bending
back. Thus, the backbone in the development of scoliosis will look like the letter C.
- S-shaped, which are detected by x-ray. The pathology is characterized by two curvatures, which are visually reminiscent of the letter S. the Second curvature occurs in order to align the body: for example, a person could be found bending to the right side in the thoracic, then the lumbar spine may receive a bend to the left, to balance the body position in space.
- Z-shaped scoliosis will show x-rays and noticeable is the presence of three curves. This form is the most severe and complex manifests very rarely.
The localization of the curvature – it is the spine from the thoracic to the lower back. Allocate scoliosis of the cervical, thoracic and lumbar.
Also frequent cases when the curvature occurs only in the upper or in the lower area.
Before the diagnosis and determine the stage of the disease, the physician must clearly trace the form of the curvature, direction, location, value and, ideally, causes.
Causes and risk factors
According to the classification of Cobb causes of scoliosis are divided into the following groups:
- congenital, who was still laid in the womb during development of tissues and organs;
- traumatic: occurring as a result of late or substandard care the injury;
- neurotic – it can cause neurological disorders and diseases;
- myopathy, which cause pathological changes and inflammation of the muscle tissue of the back;
- idiopathic – in this case to establish the cause impossible, as the process can be affected by several factors.
As for the causes of scoliosis, it is possible to divide them into two points: congenital and acquired.
The impetus for acquired can be various injuries and diseases (inflammatory processes of muscles, neurology, etc.). Congenital can be diagnosed immediately after the appearance of a baby into the world and the causes can be pathology during the development of tissues and organs.
First, that it is possible to determine the baby has congenital torticollis: contraction of neck muscles with one hand, which can lead to scoliosis, if not to start treatment. Also a powerful impetus to the development of the curvature can be cerebral palsy, in which there are involuntary contractions of different muscles.
In order to prevent the development violations, you must know the risk factors that will be the first step on the way to this:
- ignoring the rules of correct posture and the organization of the workplace, especially for school-age children;
- a sedentary lifestyle;
- irregular wearing weights.
Characteristics of the clinical picture
Symptoms of scoliosis of 3 degrees is characterized by strong deformation and resistance, with simultaneous deformation of the thorax and the presence of the rib hump of considerable size.
On the basis of the radiological studies, you can speak about the presence of wedge-shaped vertebrae in the curved sections and the adjacent. As for intervertebral discs, with a concave side to track is very difficult.
Approach to diagnosis
To identify scoliosis stage 3 is quite simple and it can be done even visually, and without medical training.
Of course, to confirm is to do an x-ray, but still a lot of bright signs in the truest sense of the word «conspicuous»:
- there is an imbalance of the shoulder girdle;
- distortion of the pelvis;
- pathology of the chest (its deformation);
- the female pronounced distortion of the breast;
- the change of state of organs and systems;
The complex of therapeutic measures
For a full treatment of scoliosis of 3 degrees requires comprehensive measures, which include: massage, physiotherapy, the use of a special corset and physical therapy, with the only condition: the doctor must find the perfect special exercises in order not to aggravate the situation.
These methods are traditional (conservative). Often such a difficult situation helps to correct only surgery.
The choice of therapeutic exercise
Experts, assigning the patient with 3 stage scoliosis exercises should be treated to their choice very carefully, because any wrong move can lead to complication. Forbidden somersaults, running, squats, weight lifting, Curling, outdoor games.
It is important to perform all exercises from a prone position: this stage is characterized by the fact that the therapeutic effect is achieved by the position, rather than power loads.
To run the house effectively and safely this exercise: lying on the floor face down, pull your right hand up and left to the side. Right leg move to the side. Inhale. Then, on the exhale, lift up your hands, right leg and head. Scroll down. Repeat up to ten times, depending on the sensations.
To perform the massage should only a highly skilled specialist, not to harm, and so damaged the spine. All the movements should be gentle, and massage – asymmetric, i.e. with curved sides is longer and more intensively than concave.
For the purpose of the operation is necessary the doctor on a more or less normal condition of the internal organs and systems. The most effective intervention would be before the beginning of active growth of the child.
If the moment is missed and the child begins to grow and prescribed to wear a special corset. He will be effective after each physical therapy sessions.
At home you can repeat the exercises that were prescribed by the attending physician or trainer, observing all precautions.
Be sure to observe a balanced diet. Sleep in a ventilated room and a good night’s sleep. Be sure to walk in the fresh air, giving preference to walking.
Running scoliosis is dangerous and unpredictable!
The most terrible thing in the development of the disease is that symptoms are just the tip of the iceberg. There are a lot more serious consequences:
- neurologic problems can cause spinal nerve compression;
- in the disadvantaged area are nerve roots, which causes a drop in muscle tone, and this, in turn, to the loss of ability to work;
- an almost complete loss of innervation results in loss of flexibility and mobility segments of the spine;
- pain in the joints;
- for pregnant women, insufficient oxygen flow to the fetus.
The patient with the third degree of scoliosis is given to the third group of disability (in particularly complicated cases — two).
Prevention — it’s simple, but many forget
In order to prevent the development of disorders or to stop him, you must follow the rules:
- since childhood to follow the carriage;
- to eat right;
- walk in the fresh air;
- relax on a pillowtop mattress;
- to correctly perform the exercises.
Your question — our answer
Answer questions of our readers.
My child is six years old, he was diagnosed with scoliosis of 3 degree and was forbidden to go to physical therapy. Whether we will do if we follow the advice.
Completely wrong solution: for diseases of the spine and obligatory physical exercises, but they should be calculated specifically for your age and extent of disease. In any case, do not perform any sudden movements, just gentle exercises from a prone position.
Recently I received a summons to the military enlistment office. Can me to call, if your doctor has diagnosed scoliosis?
Since the second stage, young people are exempt from conscription with the mark V — limited fit, go «D» — not fit, with the issuance of military ID.
My child was diagnosed with scoliosis of the third degree. If he could use the pool?
It is not only possible, but necessary. Swimming is one of the most effective means of correction of scoliosis, as well as a measure of preparation for surgery.
The condition of the spine in most cases is the consequence of negligent attitude to their health or that of their children.
Be careful and observe preventive measures in order to not have to wear corrective corsets and experience surgery.