A dislocated finger and on the leg (big, little finger, etc): treatment, symptoms, recovery
Dislocation of fingers and toes — the trouble that we will survive!
In everyday life, almost everyone have to deal with obtaining of small and minor damage to limbs. The most common types of trauma include dislocation of fingers and feet.
Under the dislocation of the finger is necessary to understand the displacement of several bones of a finger as a result of the injury or injuries.
Dislocation of the toes is a rare injury. It is divided into various types depending on the injury and severity of the deformity of the joint.
When any injury of the fingers on the limbs, it is very important to urgently seek medical care, as well as timely first aid to the victim.
Such activities will greatly facilitate pain syndrome in humans, and in the future will contribute to the early recovery and rehabilitation of the limb.
Characteristic features of sprained fingers
By itself, the dislocation represents one of the varieties of injuries, which is offset from the contact of the articular bone of the finger.
Trauma upper limb
Podiatrist Dikul: «the Penny product is No. 1 to restore the normal blood supply to the joints. Back and joints will be like in 18 years, enough time in the day to smear… Read more
A dislocated finger is a very painful injury. This is because it is on the fingers is a huge number of nerve endings, which in turn acutely and painfully react to any traumatic injury from the outside.
In medical practice most often, doctors have to meet a dislocated thumb and index finger.
Dislocation of the toes
Dislocation of the finger on the lower limbs is much rarer, but it also gives the patient a lot of discomfort and discomfort.
Depending on the extent of damage to sprained toes on the foot can be interphalangeal and metatarsophalangeal.
In order to maintain the operation of the motor activity of the damaged finger need in a timely manner to provide first aid, which, in turn, will be the reduction of the damaged joint.
The factors causing the kind of injury
It would seem that a dislocated finger is quite difficult. However, in modern life, with daily loads, absolutely minor injuries and shock can cause misalignment of the joints on the fingers.
The most common causes that cause the dislocation to be the next:
- Very easy to make dislocation of the thumb, producing a sloppy or jerky movements of the limbs. So, for example, will be quite a blow to the limbs or a slight fall.
- With injuries of this nature almost daily challenge for the athletes who do volleyball or basketball. This usually occurs due to improper filing or catching the ball. To this end, athletes are recommended to use special bandages on hands. They largely protect the limb from damage and injury.
- Dislocation of a finger you can obtain during the self-compression of the joints. Many people like to stretch your fingers, while at the same time, this procedure poses a risk to human health.
- The dislocation of the thumb in the lower extremities usually get bumps on the foot. For example, it may be a bad landing on the floor or a hard surface or jump from heights.
The main symptoms and signs
In the injury of a finger on the limbs, the victim experiences the following symptoms of dislocation:
- in the damage occurs instantly strong and sharp pain;
- in that case, if you continue to move the damaged finger, the pain will only increase;
- the location near the damaged joint within a short time period begin to swell;
- the shape of the finger may change significantly (the deformation of the joint);
- the more the limb swells, the ability to make any independent motor acts is reduced.
Varieties of dislocations
Experts klassificeret all dislocations of the fingers and toes on the following subtypes:
- Fresh injury. Dislocation is called fresh when from the time of trauma was not more than a couple of days.
- Stale. This dislocation is advisable to call in the event if damage to the joint has occurred a few weeks ago.
- The chronic trauma. This type of sprain occurs when the finger injury happened more than a month ago. Sprains chronic nature often impossible to fix by the doctor. In this situation it is logical to resort to surgery.
The same dislocations can be divided into familiar, that is, when the finger on the injured limb several times in the same place, as well as intra-articular and extra-articular (they are more difficult and dangerous).
It happens most often dislocated thumb and index finger, on the second place is the little finger. It is easy enough to damage as on foot, and the fore limbs.
Diagnosis of dislocations of the phalanges
If the injury is very important as soon as possible to seek help from a medical professional. Only a qualified technician can set the type of injury and to prescribe effective treatment.
In order not to confuse a sprain with a fracture or subluxation of the only true method of diagnosis is considered to be conducting benthological survey. On the basis of the physician concludes and puts the correct diagnosis.
How to help the victim?
In that case, if possible in the near future to get to the hospital, you will need to provide medical assistance to the injured person.
To do this, perform the following manipulation:
- you need to put a bandage on the damaged joint (it is important that it was not very tight);
- after need with a bandage to fix a sore thumb to a healthy;
- in that case, if the pain is a pronounced and acute, can offer the victim any type of painkillers.
After all the manipulations it is important to deliver the patient to a medical facility for a more thorough diagnosis and further treatment.
Treatment of injured limb
Treatment of dislocation should be mandatory on the recommendations of a specialist. The main goal is to eliminate the possibility of fracture and to reduce the risk of complications after trauma.
Treatment herbs can be performed on the following samples:
- Dislocation without complications can be reduced under General anesthesia and General anesthesia.
- Chronic dislocation are most often removed with surgery. If all of the recommendations of the recovery period is quite fast.
- When the reduction has not yielded positive result, the physician may recommend the use of a special apparatus Volkova-Hovhannisyan. With his help the damaged joint restores and heals several times faster.
- When a minor trauma to the patient is recommended to use warming compresses and baths on the basis of medicinal herbs. You need to stay in bed and try to do the least possible movement of the damaged limb.
- The treatment of sprains include pain and anti-inflammatory drugs.
With early reduction of the joint probability to avoid the unpleasant consequences increases. If all the rules for the care of patients with joint complete recovery occurs after 3-4 weeks.
After what produced reduction or surgery, the patient will need to undergo a special course of rehabilitation.
It may include these procedures:
- therapeutic massage;
- the finger gymnastics (therapeutic exercise);
- physical therapy of the injured limb (the warming, electrophoresis);
- use warming compresses and ointments.
In the recovery period it is prohibited to carry weights and perform any physical activity!
For possible complications you need to include the following:
- torn ligaments, tendons or muscles;
- injury to nerve endings or blood vessels in the injured joint;
- increases the likelihood that dislocation will occur after some time again;
- several years after dislocation about yourself can declare arthritis (most often it manifests itself in old age).
In order to keep your joints safe to need to perform any physical work, as well as during zanyatiy sport use special protective equipment, such as a dressing on the brush, knee pads.
If the dislocation had been diagnosed earlier, to reduce the risk of re-injury will need to do special exercises (gymnastics). This will strengthen the muscles and ligaments of the limb.
Dislocation of the fingers on the hand or leg can make absolutely everyone. The most important thing in this situation, do not panic, and urgently provide first aid and send injured to the hospital.
Only timely medical assistance will help to heal faster and recover from injury!