A fractured clavicle in the newborn: signs, treatment, features
What is the danger of fracture of the clavicle in newborn infants? Treatment of trauma
The clavicular bone is a tubular bone, connected at one end with the acromion process of the scapula, and on the other with the sternum.
Outlook under the traction of the muscle may move, depending on what the nature of the damage was received.
The share of such injuries falls the highest percentage, and the statistics show that no one is immune from such problems.
Because information will be very useful for mothers.
The causes of fracture
This type of damage can be considered the most common of those, which can be found in the newborn. This is explained not only by the fact that the fetus is large or the woman has a narrow pelvis, but also the fragility of the bone tissue of the baby.
A fractured clavicle in the newborn is a violation of the integrity of the clavicle, most commonly in its middle.
The reason of occurrence of fracture in newborns is a precipitous labor, mechanical tool, or the actions of the doctor.
Peculiarities of trauma in children
Podiatrist Dikul: «the Penny product is No. 1 to restore the normal blood supply to the joints. Back and joints will be like in 18 years, enough time in the day to smear… Read more
The main feature of this type of fracture is also called «green branch». This is due to the nature of the fracture, when the bone breaking and remains in a slightly bent condition.
The second collarbone is not broken, as by the periosteum is retained. Therefore, displacement of the broken bone is not going to happen, or it will be insignificant.
It often happens that the internal part of the bone breaks, but the periosteum remains to hold it back. Newborns complete fracture with displacement almost does not happen. Not usually occurs and open types of fractures.
More severe forms of fracture of the clavicle, as well as associated complications characteristic of older children.
Classification of clavicular fractures
Can be divided fractures into several types. Each type is characterized by its Foundation.
The quality or by the presence of damage to the skin:
- Closed. Isolated from the external environment of the fracture;
- Open. The integrity of the covering of the skin is broken, sometimes it can cause infection.
The number of fragments and degree of fragmentation:
- Without displacement. For the most part of bone tissue is preserved;
- With displacement. The relationship between atomtime is broken, sometimes one of them moves far enough.
On a fault line and its direction:
The symptoms characteristic of the injury
In the damage of the integrity of the bone occurs weakly expressed hematoma. Active motion of the hand is not broken, but palpation in the place of the bruise can be felt rustling and crackling that occurs because of crepitate.
The swelling signals that were damaged deeper layers of tissue.
In this case, it is also becoming apparent deformation in the place where the clavicle was damaged. May occur as a restriction in movement.
Treatment and first aid in trauma
The first measure which is necessary in the detection of fracture of the clavicle in the newborn — immobilization.
To do this, use a bandage Dezo, since it is elastic and soft. It locks the handle of the child to his body. In the presence of extensive hemorrhage with the bulge, which is called cephalhaematoma removed, additionally appointed intravenous vitamin K.
As agents having an analgesic effect, generally choose the ointment «Traumeel s», which can be used with success as a remedy against swelling. In addition, it can promote the regeneration. It is important to lubricate the entire trapezius muscle, and not just a broken collarbone.
For two weeks a newborn should not lie on that side, the side of which was a broken bone. Treatment of fractured clavicle in newborns after discharge continues at home. After 20 days the bone will completely heal the injury on the child’s health will not be able to affect.
Timely first aid — half of success in treatment
Typically a clavicle fracture in children is diagnosed almost immediately after birth, but sometimes it happens that such damage occurs in infants after discharge from the maternity hospital.
In this case, it is important to provide timely first aid, because of its accuracy and timeliness depends on many things. It is possible to allocate two ways of fixing the hands in the presence of a fracture of this kind:
- You should lay down the child on the breast, pre-bending the elbow, and then make them behind your head. Further back should be laid the stick should be kept in the elbow.But since not every child will be able long to remain so, it is better to use the second method.
- It is necessary to immobilize the limb of the baby, and for this purpose, suitable not too tight bandage. The arm should be mounted on the gusset plate at right angles.
Upon detection of infants pallor, cold sweats, pulse rate, you can say that he developed all the signs of vascular insufficiency.
In this case, you can give a little child to smell ammonia.
After immediately be taken to the hospital baby.
Analgesia can be produced by applying special ointments, as well as through injections.
The solutions are injected directly near the site of the damage, so they quickly acted.
As for the duration of the treatment the hand should be immobilized in the chosen special type of dressings is most appropriate for children. These include the following:
- Ring The Delbo. Suitable for fixation of a displaced fracture. Consists of two rings, worn on the shoulders of the patient and connected by a bandage. They are tightening the blades, roots injured arm.
- Bandage Desault. Produced by fixing the hands to the chest with bytovyh bandages encircling his chest and shoulder.
- 8-shaped bandage fixing type.
- Spike-plaster bandage.
The rate of recovery measures to quickly restore power in the damaged tissue and strengthen the clavicle, which was damaged, includes the following list of measures:
- Magnetotherapy. The impact of different frequency magnetic field to the damaged area;
- LFK. Performing light exercises with your hand. Moms can do light it tilts to the side, gently bend the handle a newborn;
- Massage. It is better that it be performed only by a qualified technician the first time, so as soon as the worker with the special education will be able to find a complex that will not only hurt sagusa bones. In the future it can be done independently;
- Electrophoresis. The impact of current together with a particular drug also can have a beneficial effect and accelerate the recovery of the body after injury.
Such measures are aimed at accelerating the flow of blood that will facilitate healing.
High-quality therapy is of great importance. The consequences of fracture of the clavicle in newborn infants when delayed the treatment and in the absence of the rehabilitation period can be very heavy and end in lifelong disability or slouch.
Infants who are on natural food and drinking breast milk is usually enriched with all the necessary micronutrients. Since the power for it comes directly from my mother, it is necessary to pay special attention to their own diet.
You should include more of those foods that are rich in silicon and calcium, magnesium, phosphorus. Just as important, and other elements that take direct influence on the structure of bone tissue.
For children, the main nutrition which are artificial mixtures, the doctor may recommend a special diet.
It is chosen only as an individual, because the body of the baby is still not strong and not able to fully cope with the infections.