Arthritis of the knee — treatment with traditional medicine
Treatment of arthritis knee joint folk remedies: ointments, compresses, food
Arthritis is chronic inflammation of connective tissue with lesions of the articular extremities. The disease accompanied by discomfort and pain during movement. Occurs due to infectious diseases of any kind, injuries, and disorders of metabolism.
The symptoms can be identified by the appearance of sharp pain, which initially appear after heavy loads in the joint, followed by their feeling on a regular basis.
To the disease can develop in any joint Department, most often the defeat of the exposed knee joint. If the disease is to react immediately, the prognosis is more favorable, and treatment is less time consuming. In addition to traditional therapy to achieve good results in the treatment of arthritis of the knee joint used folk remedies, which include recipes tested by the people.
Treatment of arthritis knee joint folk remedies aimed at maintaining the patient in good shape and discouraging relapses.
The therapy is based on massages in combination with compresses, therapeutic exercises, restorative diets and other ways. The advantage of treatment is the lack of side effects, easy to use traditional methods and the improved life quality of the patient. Highly recommended before starting treatment to visit the medical doctor for advice.
Folk recipes for outdoor use
Recipe 1. Liniment
Podiatrist Dikul: «the Penny product is No. 1 to restore the normal blood supply to the joints. Back and joints will be like in 18 years, enough time in the day to smear… Read more
Liquid ointment is able to reduce inflammation and relieve pain from arthritis of the knee joint. Prepare it as follows:
- Egg yolk (homemade) – 1 PC.;
- Turpentine – 1 h/l;
- Apple cider vinegar – 1 h/l.
In a deep bowl place all ingredients and mix well. The resulting mixture lubricate the area of inflammation, mainly at night.
Recipe 2. A compress of potato
A simple but effective method to remove inflammation and pain in acute arthritis – a poultice of potatoes.
For this you need 1 raw potatoes to grate on a coarse grater and put the pulp in a sieve, then put it down for a few seconds in boiling water. After that, pressing shift potatoes in cotton bag and applied a poultice to the affected joint for the whole night, on top of securing the bandage. The procedure was performed within 8 days.
Recipe 3. Coniferous baths
Doing in the period of exacerbation of the arthritis. This requires:
- Pine needles – 0.5 kg;
- Water – 8 liters.
Butcher put in a bag of cotton fabric and boil in water for 30 min. Bag with needles and water is placed in a bath of hot water. This procedure is carried out before bedtime for a month (30 days). Instead of needles you can use and fresh birch leaves.
Recipe 4. Tincture for rubbing
Used for pains in the joints. To prepare you need:
- Black radish (juice) – 200 ml;
- Honey – 150 g;
- Vodka – 100 ml;
- Salt – 15 g.
Mix well all the ingredients to obtain a homogeneous composition and allow to stand for several days. RUB the joints with severe pain.
Recipe 5. Tincture of bear’s ear (mullein)
- The flowers of mullein – 50 g;
- Vodka or alcohol – 0.5 l
Place all in a container and infuse for 14 days, then use rubbing joints.
Recipe 6. Tincture of chestnuts
- Dried flowers of chestnuts – 2 tbsp./l;Vodka or alcohol – 0.5 l
Insist 7 days, to use for grinding.
Ointments and poultices for arthritis of the knee joint optimally use during exacerbation of the inflammation and for pain symptom.
Folk recipes for internal use
Recipe 1. Tincture of medicinal herbs
- Elecampane (roots) – 1 part;
- Corn silk – 1 part;
- Flowers of chamomile – 1 part;
- Sowing the seeds of flax _ 1 part;
- Dioecious nettle (leaves) – 1 part;
- Field mint (leaves) – 1 part;
- Brusnik ordinary (leaves) – 1 part;
- The silver birch (kidney) – 1 part.
3./l. of powdered mixture of herbs pour into a thermos, pour 1 liter of boiling water. To insist within hours, strain. Infusion 4 p./day 200 ml with addition of honey. The rate of 2 to 4 weeks.
Recipe 2. Tincture of black elderberry
- Black elderberry (flowers) – 1 part;
- White willow (bark) – 5 parts;
- The silver birch (leaves) – 4 parts.
2 h/l pre-powdered dry mixture of herbs, put in a warmed container and pour 200 ml of boiling water for 30 min. (under cover), drain. Take 0.5 V. 4 p./day before meals.
Recipe 3. The decoction of red bilberry
- The leaves of cowberry – 2 h/l;
- Water – 200 ml.
Fresh leaves, cranberries pour water and boil on low heat for 20 minutes, decant, consumed over the day in small portions with arthritis, accompanied by the deposition of salts.
Recipe 4. Bay broth
- Bay leaf (crushed) – 1 tbsp./l;
- Boiling water – 400 mg.
Pour the Bay leaf with boiling water and cook for 10 minutes, pour into a thermos and insist night, in the morning drain. Take before meals (15-20 minutes) 1/3 St. 3 R/day. Treatment can continue for 14 days.
Recipe 5. Herbal decoction:
- Medicinal soapwort (roots) – 1 part;
- The harrow field (root) – 1 part;
- Bittersweet nightshade (herb) – 1 part;
- White willow (bark) – 1 part.
Mix well to blend, pour 1 Cup of boiling water and boil on water bath for 8 min. Then pour into the jar, wrap well and leave to infuse for 30 minutes, drain. To drink in the period of the sauna in 3 doses.
Traditional recipes for wraps
- Recipe 1. The knee joint to RUB honey on the top to attach soaked in warm water sheet, shot, close parchment paper and warm, leave for 3 hours. If you have a strong burning feeling to shoot before. To do it every day.
- Recipe 2. Take the raw egg and beat well with 2 tbsp./l. of salt. Spread the resulting paste on a piece of bandage, arranged in several layers, wrap the joint. The dressing should pour over the mixture as it dries 3 times.
How to eat when the disease?
Patients suffering from different forms of arthritis of the knee, shown on a special diet, aimed at lowering of level of acidity. Food should be prepared or steamed by boiling. In addition, it is necessary to lead a healthy lifestyle that excludes the use of alcohol, coffee in insane quantities, and Smoking. Restricted products include:
- Salt in high doses;
- Poultry, rabbit, beef;
- Dairy products.
Diet for arthritis of the knee joint must be a portion, preferably 6 R/day. You need to eat more fluid to 3 l/day (juices, herbal teas, alkaline mineral water). Drinking plenty of fluids helps to dilute uric acid, and prevents salt deposits.
Gymnastic exercises when the disease
Physical therapy helps to strengthen muscles and ligaments.
Through physical activity, improving the patient’s condition. With regular practice of the stimulation of the organs of blood circulation, nutrition of the cartilage and restore musculoskeletal system.
At the time of exacerbation of the disease gymnastics is performed only in the supine position with increased caution.
Recommended set of exercises:
- Lie on the floor with your belly. To raise and lower the legs alternately;
- To lie on the side. To perform flexion and extension of the knees;
- Lie on your back, place hands along the body. Alternately take the legs in hand, breath arbitrary;
- In the supine position. Pull the hands towards the shoulders and produce a circular rotation;
- Lying on the back. To dissolve hands in the parties, to make the torso twists left/right;
- Lying on your back, hands elbows bent, hands placed on shoulders. Breath – dilute elbows to the sides, exhale to bring back;
- Lying on back with arms extended at your sides with your hands, pull the toes, then back, breathing arbitrary.
Each exercise first, you need to carry out 3 times, gradually bringing up to 7-10 times.
Classes are best done under the supervision of a specialist, to achieve the greatest effect. Prohibited in the process of exercise to make sudden and fast movements – this can aggravate the inflammatory process.
This method, spend in conjunction with procedures of physical therapy and massage. Contraindicated for exercise, if the disease was complicated by a tumor, it may unpredictably affect health.
As the prevention of disease is necessary to refuse from harmful habits. Correctly and to eat a balanced, sports training and healthy lifestyle in General.