Arthritis toes: knowledge help in the treatment of disease
Arthritis of the toes — how and what to treat the disease?
Inflammation one or more joints in medicine is called arthritis.
Arthritis toes more likely to be diagnosed in people of Mature age (after 50 years), besides the disease increasingly affects women, and according to statistics often suffer big toe.
With delayed or no treatment, develop severe cartilage and bone with subsequent joint dysfunction.
The reasons for the development of the disease
There are many reasons that contribute to the development of arthritis of the toes, here are the main ones:
- Frequent injuries, trauma, surgery. Arthritic people who are engaged in heavy physical labor or are experiencing persistent stress on the joints.
- The consequences of infectious diseases. When entering the body of harmful microorganisms, included his defense — the immune system. In disorders of the immune system that produces too many chemicals to protect. Along with harmful-they destroy beneficial bacteria and attack the joints. As a consequence, there is infectious arthritis.
- Disorders of the joints due to heredity. Pathology in the structure of the joints is often passed down genetically, so if someone in the family suffers from arthritis, you need to give more time to its prevention.
- Endocrine disorders. Many women during hormonal changes or menopause, when ovarian function fades, there is degenerative arthritis.
- An improper diet. Excessive consumption of legumes, red meat, sugar causes an increase in uric acid in the body which causes gout.
Obesity, which causes excessive strain on the entire body, including the joints, often contributes to the development of osteoarthritis.
What are the different types of lesions of the toes?
Podiatrist Dikul: «the Penny product is No. 1 to restore the normal blood supply to the joints. Back and joints will be like in 18 years, enough time in the day to smear… Read more
- Osteoarthritis is the most common form of arthritis. In this disease the articular cartilage is destroyed and there is severe pain in the leg. Any movement to arthritis sufferers person become very painful and limited. While walking swelling of joints and pain increase. After a rest the patient has a stiffness in the movements.
- Rheumatoid arthritis. This type of arthritis can occur at any age. It affects all the joints and leads to severe their strains. This disease affects the connective tissue and the whole body suffers. The patient suffering from this type of arthritis often remain disabled for life, because he develops such a deformity of the foot and toes, which does not allow to move normally.
- Gout affects the foot of the person. Uric acid in the form of small crystals, accumulates on top of the joint capsule of the big toe and inside of her. Due to the fact that in the process of walking, running, standing, and the greatest burden falls on the thumbs and they are affected by arthritis. Gout is called a strong pain in the thumb area. This kind of arthritis is more common in men.
Inflammatory diseases of the joints of the legs have their own characteristics: reactive arthritis and gout is most striking in the thumb, the other 4 fingers are affected in psoriasis and rheumatoid arthritis.
A common symptom for all the types is the increased pain at night, stiffness in the morning.
How to treat arthritis of the fingers?
For arthritis treatment, is primarily prescribed medications to cure the disease that caused arthritis.
Therapy should be integrated:
- Anti-inflammatory treatment involves the use of ointments with diclofenac.
- Antibiotic therapy is used for arthritis caused by infection.
- The regeneration of cartilage tissue of joints is achieved using chondroprotectors.
- Surgical treatment is used in severe cases of arthritis.
In addition to medicines are appointed by physiotherapy, therapeutic physical training and sanatorium-resort treatment. Only the doctor can prescribe exercises and recommend other types of treatment, including folk:
- Take 5 heads of garlic, pour half a liter of vodka. To insist in a dark place for at least 10 days. Garlic tincture, take 1 teaspoon half an hour before meals 3 — 4 times a day. Can be diluted in boiling water (50 ml). It is recommended to drink all the infusion.
- Heated sea salt pour in a canvas bag and apply to the sore joint for half an hour. Then massage a few drops of pine oil. Again, apply the bag of warm salt for an hour. You can then wrap the leg warmer scarf and shawl. To make this procedure better at night. Pain should stop after 3 days.
- Take a lump of chalk, grind it up. Add plain yogurt and stir until a pulp. The mixture was applied on a diseased joint, cover with a plastic bag or paper for compresses. Top wrap, leaving the wrap for the night. Chalk with yogurt contribute to healing of the joints.
- Mix equal proportions of honey, glycerine, iodine, alcohol. This curative mixture to RUB the joints.
- The juice from 10 lemons mixed with 3 tablespoons of shredded horseradish root, add 3 heads chopped garlic. Make it 20 days in a dark warm place. Take 1 teaspoon (can be diluted with boiled water) 2 times a day. The healing mixture, you must drink all of it.
Prevention of arthritis
- First, to improve the health: to harden, case t exercises.
- In a timely manner to treat infectious diseases.
- To follow the diet, eat less salt and sugar. Try not to gain weight.
- Eliminate bad habits: alcohol, Smoking.
- Good for prevention of arthritis make daily 2-3 cloves of garlic.
Don’t forget about exercising. Especially useful in diseases of the joints such sports as swimming, Pilates and yoga.