As superimposed turtle a bandage on ulnar and knee joints
Turtle headband: principal and fine blending
Bruises and sprains lurk almost everywhere, and it concerns both adults and children.
Too much activity can lead to crashes which affect upper and lower extremities, specifically the knees and elbows.
Terrible injuries nothing, but not enough to disinfect a wound, it is necessary also to impose appropriate bandage.
For reliable bandaging of a wound bandage used turtle, but it will be discussed a little later.
Common injuries of the elbow joint
Damage to these joints are quite common, so you need to understand the types of injuries and timely first aid care.
Damage the elbow in various ways. Almost any injury to this part of the limb occurs with sensitive pain of varying degrees.
Elbow can be damaged by the fall and resulted to a sprain, torn ligament or fracture. In addition to obvious physical injuries are overload injuries of the elbow, for example, after a long physical exertion in the gym.
Podiatrist Dikul: «the Penny product is No. 1 to restore the normal blood supply to the joints. Back and joints will be like in 18 years, enough time in the day to smear… Read more
In dislocation of elbow skin in the area of red lesions over the injured vessels, there is swelling, changing the shape of the joint and this is all accompanied by severe pain.
Injury damaged joint is reliably fixed at least 18-20 days. Then assigned to restorative treatments (massage, gymnastics).
As a rule, serious injury of the elbow joint accompanied by a noticeable pain and leads to immobilization of the elbow.
Prompt action when such injuries are immobilisation of the elbow joint.
And further blending a cold subject (ideally compress) and pain relief drugs.
Common injuries to the knee
The knee joint in the human body with a large and complex compared to others. For various reasons, this joint gets injured much more often than others.
Most injuries can be cured without resorting to surgical procedures, but a serious knee injury can put the patient on the operating table.
Major knee injury
These include: damage to the menisci and cruciate ligaments, broken bones and gamearts (hemorrhage).
It is important to know that such injuries can be combined, for example, meniscal tear and cruciate ligament.
The reason for this damage basically become a bad fall from the height on the legs and knees. Every injury of the joint can be accompanied by swelling, pain, hemorrhage, etc.
The types of turtle clips
Turtle patch is a form of money which is applied to the injured knee and the elbow.
Turtle headband there are two kinds of ways of laying: convergent and divergent.
A significant advantage of the turtle bandages to other types of the brace is a reliable fixation of the wound dressing (bandage) over the damaged area of the knee or elbow, thereby further limiting the mobility of these joints.
The difference between convergent and divergent bandage for elbow and knee joint is that the former is superimposed on the periarticular areas of the limb, and the second to apply to himself the injured joint.
In other words, converging a bandage is applied first with a circular rounds on the top and bottom of the damaged joint.
The superimposition of divergent dressings start with the same circular tours around the center of the injured elbow or knee joint.
The advantage of these methods of overlaying that with proper implementation of all necessary instructions for applying the bandage, comes the long-awaited relief, reduces the pain the victim in the injured region.
We have found that the turtle bandage on the injured elbow joint is convergent and divergent, the first captures areas near the joint, the second for the joint.
Convergent bandage on the injured elbow joint is superimposed in the following way:
- the patient flexes the elbow 90° (determined by eye);
- region of the forearm, conditionally divide into three equal zones;
- superimposition of the bandage should begin with the lower region of the forearm;
- hand wrap three or four times to secure the upper limb;
- then performed ten vosmibratov of turns which are gradually moving closer to the injured joint;
- the final round of bandage imposed on the center of the elbow;
- clamps or pins fixing the end of the bandage.
Bandaged so that each new layer covers the previous 2/3. Only under these conditions, the turtle bandage securely for a long time.
Divergent bandage on the injured elbow is superimposed simply, but in the opposite order:
- the harmed patient bends his arm at the elbow, under the same degree (90°);
- fix the first end of the bandage on the damaged area;
- then, make 4-5 turns around the center of the elbow joint;
- vosmibratov the coils should be applied in the waste from the injured area;
- the last round of the bandage overlays in the upper region of the forearm;
- the final part of the bandage is fixed with pins.
Unforgettable that in the center of the elbow joint bandage, it is important to cross. The process of mentovki can cause pain in the injured patient, especially in children.
Before you apply the bandage, you must mentally prepare the patient, to reassure the child. The successful imposition of the turtle bandage possible only in a calm the affected.
It is important to remember! If you have the opportunity to entrust the procedure of applying the bandage as a professional, it is better not to be engaged in Amateur performance.
In the video you can see step-by-step imposition of the turtle bandage on the elbow.
Detailed instructions on fixation of knee
The bandage on the knee joint is carried out after a number of preparatory steps.
First and foremost, you need to completely wash your hands (preferably wearing gloves).
It is important to prepare the victim mentally, as the procedure may be painful.
It is important that steps were careful, and a bandage was applied carefully. The rush and sudden movements can only bring pain.
The end of the bandage keep in the left hand and the reel in the right. You do not need much to tighten the bandage.
Converging the turtle bandage on the knee joint superimposed in the following way:
- the knee bending angle of 100°;
- make 3-4 circular turns (tours) above the knee joint;
- bring the bandage at an angle (eight) to flexion of the knee, the bandage set up for the rear part of the thigh of a person;
- perebintovyvaem thigh and bring the bandage by circular turns, overlapping each previous layer 2/3;
- subsequent turns are superimposed in the same directions, heading toward the center of the injured knee joint;
- the last circular turn is fixed in the center of the joint;
- check the quality and correctness of the imposed bandage, so he completely covered the injured area.
- the injured knee bent at an angle of 120°;
- then, execute the fixing turns in the injured area of the joint;
- next, the bandage to bring the knee joint in a Central direction;
- monitor that each turn overlaps the previous by 1/2;
- the turns of the bandage cross in the popliteal groove (fossa);
- locking round overlay the top and bottom of the knee.
In principle, convergent and divergent bandages are identical in overlap. The only difference in the field, which begins the process of bandaging.
Turtle a bandage on the knee is superimposed in the same way as the elbow joint. Most importantly, careful superimposition of each round so as not to cause a painful shock to the patient.
Advantages and disadvantages
In the case of operational of applying the bandage at the elbow or the knee joint in some cases it is possible to prevent visits to the doctor.
The emergency bandage in such cases significantly reduces pain the patient, prevents the ingress of microorganisms in the wound and leads to faster recovery.
Competent in performing all the necessary stages of this manipulation, there comes a relief to the General condition of the patient, and significantly reduced pain symptoms.
Typically, this bandage has no disadvantages. The only thing to note is the possible allergic reaction to the bandage.
It is important to remember! When overlaying the turtle bandage must adhere to all rules of hygiene (clean hands, use of gloves and sterile bandages, treatment of wounds with antiseptics).
As a conclusion
Learn how to properly apply bandage, you will be able to provide first aid to themselves and others.
It is important not to make mistakes when performing such manipulations:
- A bandage for knee or elbow joint imposed too tight, which can cause swelling, pain, lack of sensitivity.
- With weakly imposed bandage bandage quickly slide, and a brace is useless.
- A must-do first locking turns, otherwise the bandage will be ruined, etc.
Practical training in overlay turtle bandage on the injured joints of the lower and upper extremities will be able to promptly render first aid to themselves and to the victims.