Breast sciatica: symptoms, treatment, prevention
The type of sciatica, which is characterized by lesions of the spinal nerves of the thoracic spine, called a thoracic radiculitis. Quite rare due to the fact that his chest is quite massive. It includes 12 vertebrae, which are attached to the rib of the pair. The ribs form a solid frame, limiting the flexibility and mobility of the thoracic. At the same time, the intercostal muscles are responsible for the creation of additional depreciation of the intervertebral discs. Due to these two factors, the treatment of the thoracic vertebrae is quite rare.
However, there are a number of reasons that can trigger the development of sciatica thoracic. They considered to be:
- osteochondrosis and its complications;
- a back injury resulting from prolonged physical exertion;
- deformation and curvature of the spine;
- narrowing or spasm of the spinal canal;
- lesions of the pleura, vertebrae, ribs;
- metastases appeared in the thoracic vertebrae due to malignant neoplasms.
Pain syndrome with sciatica
During the initial appearance of breast sciatica is very difficult to determine the source of the sudden pain that occurs against a background of perfect well-being. It is felt in the heart, then the right, then on the left side of the chest, and in the area of the stomach or gallbladder. And to cure this disease need to start as soon as possible.
All the symptoms characteristic of the disease, which is denoted as the chest sciatica, expressed pain syndrome. The reasons lie in the structure and physiology of the thoracic spine. Movement could be done, only if they are small in amplitude. This is due to the fact that the intervertebral discs are low, and the pain arises in paravertebral points and the intercostal spaces.
Pain can wear aching or paroxysmal in nature, may vary in duration from a few seconds or minutes to several weeks or even longer. Symptoms of thoracic radiculitis, the cause of the pain if not to eliminate, disappear within a week or two. However, this does not mean that the patient was cured spontaneously. The reason for the improvement of the condition of that nerve fiber adapted to new conditions of functioning due to compensatory reactions.
With repeated exacerbations, the pain only intensifies. Developing chronic form, the pain becomes a regular occurrence, aggravation become periodic. Relief is achieved only through total physical rest.
The symptoms of sciatica thoracic accompanied by strong palpitations and a feeling of fear, also characterized by a cold sweat.
Diagnosis and symptoms
To provoke the appearance or increased pain with radiculitis of the thoracic spine is capable of habitual actions:
- physical activity;
- uncomfortable position of the body;
- low temperature (hypothermia);
- emotional distress, momentary or prolonged stress;
- a long-term cough.
To diagnose breast sciatica is possible only in conditions of full comprehensive examination, including laboratory tests. Require the exclusion of other similar to the symptoms of diseases of the gastrointestinal tract, abdominal cavity, liver, gallbladder, pancreas, heart disease, any acute inflammatory processes.
However highlight some of the primary symptoms, relying on which we can talk about sciatica thoracic:
- surrounding the character of the pain;
- localization of the focus of pain between the shoulder blades, resembling an attack of angina;
- the occurrence of misalignment of the torso in the direction of the affected roots;
- pain on palpation of the spinous processes of the vertebrae;
- soreness and tension of the carcass spinal column;
- the occurrence of dizziness or headaches.
Sciatica thoracic makes movements difficult and painful, thoroughly affecting the quality of life and impairing it.
Treatment and prevention of disease
Typically, treatment begins with removing the acute pain and appoint:
- complete quiet and bed rest;
- injection of non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs and vitamins;
- muscle relaxants, which relax the muscles and free them from excessive stress.
After the primary symptoms will be lifted, the scheme, which runs treatment, supplemented by such procedures as:
- treatment saline compresses.
Prevention of radiculitis thoracic Department, like many diseases, is typically easier than cure. As preventive measures experts suggest to follow the simple rules. They will allow you to save and to protect from fast wear and tear of the vertebrae.
Performing simple rules of prevention of radiculitis of the thoracic will help to maintain health. If not able to prevent the disease and you need treatment, you need to perform all the prescribing physician. This will help to eliminate the signs of sciatica the chest and return to normal life.