Causes and treatment of arthritis hands — symptoms and photos of pathology
How to treat arthritis in the hands
Arthritis – a disease which is characterized by the sequential occurrence of acute inflammation of various joints or simultaneous failure of several of them.
The reasons may be different, but the result is joint pain and limit their mobility.
In this case it is important to begin treatment because in the end, the violation will cause permanent deformation of almost all joints.
Quite often there is polyarthritis of the hands, striking hands and fingers.
The types of the disease
Distinguish 4 types of lesions of the hands:
Arthritis of the fingers
Podiatrist Dikul: «the Penny product is No. 1 to restore the normal blood supply to the joints. Back and joints will be like in 18 years, enough time in the day to smear… Read more
The causes of the disease
When disorder is inflamed joint capsule, which contains nerve endings and blood vessels.
This causes pain and limitation of motion in the joints.
With further development of the deviation, the inflammation affects the cartilages and bone tissue.
Causes of polyarthritis:
- Infection. To provoke inflammation can any infection. The violation is a consequence of SARS, sore throat, infections of the gastrointestinal tract, urinary system or a manifestation of tuberculosis or brucellosis;
- Rheumatoid form is the most common form of infringement. Infection with blood spread throughout the body, and the Streptococcus causes damage to a few joints and internal organs;
- Metabolic disease. The metabolism causes accumulation of salts in the joints of the hands, where they cause inflammation and the occurrence of the disorder. The most common disease of this kind is the gout, when the metabolism of purines provokes the accumulation of salts of uric acid, inflammation and deformation of joints;
- Of psoriatic. Against the background of problems with skin psoriasis, there is inflammation in the tissues of the joints.
- PTSD occurs as a result of damage of the joints.
To the risk group belong people who are often sick with flu and colds, tuberculosis, venereal disease and diabetes, carriers of Staphylococcus aureus, persons in the age after 40 years.
Symptoms of arthritis of the hands
The doctor diagnoses a violation, based on visible characteristics. First, suffer the small joints of the hands.
Over time, the process involved large joints. The destruction is slow.
The symptoms of disorder:
- morning stiffness of fingers;
- pain in the hands after a workout;
- the defeat of the joints of both hands;
- redness of the skin due to the inflammation of the tissues around the joint;
- effusion in joint cavity;
- rheumatoid nodules under the skin.
Diagnosis of disorders involves identifying the causes of the disease and its type. To do this, use:
- analysis of patient complaints;
- ralis of blood and urine;
- ralis synovial fluid for infection.
Treatment of the disease
Arthritis of the hands is a symptom of a disease of the joints or the beginning of rheumatoid arthritis.
Therefore, the main aim of treatment is elimination of the underlying disorder.
For this prescribed symptomatic actions, physiotherapy, rehabilitation and prevention, massage and other techniques.
How to treat arthritis in the hands?
Often in lesions of the hands used corticosteroids and hormones in pills, ointments and injections. Once acute pain is resolved, it begins the second stage of treatment.
Its goal is the modulation of the immune response. Your doctor may prescribe cytotoxic agents, immunosuppressants, treatment of the monoclonal antibodies. When irreversible damage can be raised question about complete replacement of the joints.
The treatment of the disease is assigned a specialist taking into account the form of neglect.
- consumption of antibacterial agents;
- the use of ointments, gels;
- the cartilage regeneration with chondro;
- magnetic therapy, ultrasound, special exercises and diet;
- operation when running the form (parts replacement joint implants having the shape of a normal joint and which gives freedom of movement).
Treatment of folk remedies
Drug therapy can be supplemented by treatment of polyarthritis of the hands of folk remedies.
Thus, in acute times, you can eliminate the pain by:
- Chop the needles of the pine needles and put them in the tub. Pour boiling water over. When the water temperature becomes tolerable, dip the hands in the composition for 15 minutes.
- Take equal parts of birch leaves, nettle and parsley. Pour 3 tbsp 2 tbsp. boiling water. Insist hour in a thermos. Consume 0.5 tbsp. three times a day. Duration – 14 days.
- Help curb the pain oils of eucalyptus, peppermint and rosemary.
- 2 tbsp of birch buds and pine needles pour 0.5 tbsp. of alcohol. Insist 10 days. First, warm up the hands with sea salt, and then RUB the composition. To do until the pain subsides.
Prevention and conclusions
In the treatment of great importance is the nutrition of the patient. From the diet you should eliminate salt, sweets, meats, soft drinks, tea, coffee and exotic fruits.
Food should include:
- cooked chicken and fish;
- porridge on the water;
- vegetables and greens;
- fruits and berries;
- seeds and nuts;
- salads with onion, garlic, horseradish.
To pre-empt polyarthritis of hands, cannot be supercooled or to injure.
To provoke the overweight and under a lot of stress. Pain help cool compresses, baths from wax and paraffin.
People who constantly swim, this deviation suffer less. Besides swimming, shows exercises for the brushes rotation clockwise and against.
Early diagnosis helps not only to avoid complications but also to completely cure the disorder. It is therefore important to seek the assistance of a rheumatologist at the very first manifestations of deviation.