Cervical migraine symptoms and treatment — the causes of the syndrome of Barre, Leo
Causes and symptoms Bar, Lieu — treatment cervical migraine
Vertebral artery – pair formation, located between the clavicular artery, and 6 cervical vertebra.
This vessel passes through the vertebrae of the neck and enters the skull at the occipital hole. 35% arterial blood enters the brain through two arteries.
If they are clamped there is cervical migraine syndrome (vertebral artery) (G99.2 according to ICD 10).
Blood to the back parts of the brain: the trunk and the rear area of the cortex. The fact that with this vessel is the ingress of blood into the brain, largely explains why cervical migraine has specific symptoms.
Along the entire length of the artery of the spine in contact with the soft tissue around the spine. It is because different mechanisms of the appearance of the lesion.
The causes of the disorder
Vertebral artery syndrome has certain reasons:
- Relating to the spine vertebrogenic vertebral artery syndrome is observed due to dystrophic processes in the spine, injuries, scoliosis of the cervical.
- Not related to the spine – nevirapine may result from atherosclerosis, disorders of the structure or arrangement of these vessels.
The back cervical sympathetic syndrome happens much more often on the left than on the right.This is due to the direct branch vessel from the aorta, respectively, the frequent appearance of atherosclerosis the vessel, and an additional cervical rib on this side.
Common causes of defeat:
- osteoarthritis of the joint between 1 and 2 vertebrae of the neck;
- anomaly Kimmerle;
- high location process of the cervical vertebra;
- non-standard branch artery from the clavicle to the spine of the vessel;
- spasm of the neck muscles.
Precipitating conditions can be sharp turns, head tilts. In such a situation occurs, the compression of the vessel – because of existing violations is reduced elasticity of the arterial wall.
Symptoms and signs of the syndrome
Podiatrist Dikul: «the Penny product is No. 1 to restore the normal blood supply to the joints. Back and joints will be like in 18 years, enough time in the day to smear… Read more
The disease has characteristic symptoms:
- Headache, burning, throbbing, the doctor may suspect the lesions and prescribe treatment for pain on the one hand, concentrated in the temple, the crown and above the eyebrow. The pain may increase after sleep on the back, with his head thrown back, walk away.
- Nausea, vomiting, disturbances of consciousness occur after sudden changes in head position.
- Disorders of vision, sudden eye pain, transient reduced visual acuity.
- Vestibular and hearing problems — hearing loss is on the one hand, dizziness, ringing in the ears.
- Heart and vascular rejection angina, unstable pressure, emergency jump HELL.
- Brain disorders manifest themselves on the principle of ischemic strokes of the posterior circulation vessels.
Finding such symptoms should immediately consult the doctor.
Signs of the syndrome of Barre, LEU similar to the symptoms of disorders of the blood supply to the brain.
Diagnosis of the syndrome Bar Law involves the implementation of different surveys. First of all, it is based on the information that can be obtained from the clinical picture of the lesion: the patient’s complaints, data of neurological examination.
Diagnosis often reveals the tension neck, difficulty turning the head, pain when pressure is applied to the processes of the first and second cervical vertebrae.
Among other things, will certainly are made:
- X-rays of the cervical. Here the investigation is performed in multiple projections and helps to identify changes of the Atlanto-occipital joint. Define changes that trigger the compression of the spinal vessel.
- Doppler. The survey, conducted by the vertebral vessels, and to determine the obstruction of blood flow.
- Imaging of the brain is a mandatory procedure to be followed in cases of suspected ischemic stroke. It gives the opportunity to detect the cause that triggered the failure of the bloodstream and also the place of compression of the vessel. Is also MRI of the spine, which allows to identify lesions of the spinal column.
How to treat cervical migraine
If it is diagnosed the back cervical sympathetic syndrome, the treatment should start with finding the main reasons.
To perform the treatment of deviations of the spine, namely:
- protrusion of disks;
- vertebral hernias;
- degenerative disc disease.
For the treatment of disease used associative approach, depending on the person’s age, the severity of the condition and the characteristics of the body.
Due to the fact that suffering from the disorder are at risk of stroke onset – treatment is primarily aimed at neutering causes spasm and impaired blood flow, and normalization of blood supply.
Before treatment requires careful examination, allowing you to find the exact cause of the deviation. Patients urgently hospitalized with suspected circulatory disturbance of the brain.
Taking into account the cause and degree of compression of the vessel, an expert may prescribe:
- The use of the collar of the Trench to relieve tension on the cervical. The tire is chosen separately for each person.
- Manual therapy and massage. Before the manipulation required to pass the examination the doctor, since this method of treatment has contraindications. The purpose of exposure – recovery provisions of parts of the spine.
- Acupuncture is extremely effective for pain reduction, neutralization of dizziness, heart pain.
- Physical therapy includes magnetotherapy, electrophoresis, dynamic currents. After neutralization pain man chosen system of exercises to strengthen the muscles.
- Patients need to use special mattress and pillow.
- Drug exposure is focused on the treatment of disorders that triggered the emergence of the syndrome. Patients are analgesics (ketorol, baralgin), nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (Movalis). Sometimes prescribed medications, reducing cerebral blood flow (Cinnarizine).
If the treatment of cervical migraine has no effect and symptoms do not recede, and also when the arteries are compressed by osteophytes, tumors, it is necessary to carry out the operation.
Are such interventions in terms of medical facilities: the osteophytes are removed, any abnormal formations. Can also be carried out sympathectomy.
Complications and consequences
If left untreated or incorrectly treated, the vertebral artery syndrome can have severe consequences:
- Poor circulation to the parts of the brain. First, it only causes temporary neurological deficits. They last up to a day and are called ischemic attack. If you neglect them, you could have a stroke, negative effects on the heart, of view.
- The man, who is often dizzy, come in the fall in consciousness, problems with coordination and balance, losing ability to work, ability to self. A stroke is not always the result of a violation, but the disability is often enough.
- to do exercises for neck and shoulder girdle;
- to sleep on a special pillow;
- held neck massage course every six months;
- treatment in neurological spas.