Chondrocalcinosis and pseudogout: causes, symptoms and treatment
Chondrocalcinosis: slow progress and complicated treatment pseudogout
Chondrocalcinosis is a fairly common disease of the joints caused by deposition of calcium pyrophosphate in the cartilage – hence the name, which means «cartilage» and «lime».
With this diagnosis, pyrophosphate arthropathy, pseudogout.
Exposed to it can be all people over 55 years. At this age, many acute illness, due to the slowdown of hormonal balance changes the composition of all tissues including bones and cartilage.
Pseudogout differs from chondrocalcinosis?
Chondrocalcinosis can be detected through x-ray radiation, this visible signals of calcification.
All this could trigger inflammation of the joints in a more severe form psevdopodagra identified by biopsy. Not always it comes to such complications.
Painful sensations in the joints should contact the experts to begin with – to the therapist.
Why is this happening?
Podiatrist Dikul: «the Penny product is No. 1 to restore the normal blood supply to the joints. Back and joints will be like in 18 years, enough time in the day to smear… Read more
Crystals of calcium pyrophosphate, which enters the body mainly with low fat dairy products without adequate vitamin D, are not synthesized and stored near cartilage, in bone tissue.
Cartilage can be destroyed, then perhaps the development of secondary osteoarthritis. Calcium is a significant element in the body. It is necessary not only for bone tissue.
Calcium depends cardiovascular, nervous system, coagulation of the main body fluids blood. Change in the wrong direction calcium metabolism leads to problems in joints.
The disease can occur as a response of the immune system for precipitation of calcium salts.
Who is at risk, in addition to older?
The pathology can cause the following factors:
- idiopathic factor – scientists do not know why suddenly is the disease;
- genetic predisposition;
- secondary, when chondrocalcinosis develops after another disease – hemolytic anemia, gout, stone formation in the kidneys, etc.;
- decreased activity of the thyroid gland;
- excessive dose of calcium in the blood, which need vitamins D and C as well as phosphorus and magnesium;
- excess iron;
- excessive sensitivity of cells to calcium ions;
- high levels of phosphates in the urine.
The risk groups are those who have suffered joint injuries, operative intervention in them, the metabolic abnormalities. All this leads to the violation of the integrity of cartilage or changes its ionic structure.
How to identify the disease?
Symptoms chondrocalcinosis it is possible to identify:
- For pain and swelling of the joints, acute arthritis. The attack can last from several days to two to three weeks. In most cases, this concerns the knee joint. But can also be susceptible to the disease of the wrists, shoulders, elbows, hips, ankles, fingers.
- You can skip the disease, as there is some probability of asymptomatic manifestations (absence of pain), but the pathology will reveal itself while x-ray radiation.
- The feeling of pain when you press on the joint.
- For swollen joints, the temperature of which is higher than the healthy areas.
- There may be a thickening of the epiphysis of the bone.
- According to probable limitation of joint movements.
- The manifestation pseudorheumatoid deformities, and chronic arthritis.
If any of these symptoms exist, you need to go to the hospital.
Diagnosis of disease
Deposition of calcium pyrophosphates in the initial stage can be skipped. It is not always detected during the interictal peace of mind.
However, to diagnose the disease is possible.
On deforming osteoarthritis, which developed because of cartilage damage, may indicate a radiograph.
The disease itself will help to identify the puncture, biopsy fluid taken from the joint that is damaged during the attack.
Also, it seems a blood test, to see whether it is a manifestation of other diseases the symptoms of which are similar to psevdopodagra.
How to treat the disease?
The fight against this disease consists of a number of actions that can improve the patient’s condition.
You need to remember about facilitating means such as:
- «immobilization» of the affected joints (rest);
- warm compresses on the sore spots;
- after an acute reaction is a special physical exercise that helps keep muscles in proper tone:
Be aware of the incompatibility of some drugs. For example, with antihypertensive drugs belonging to the group of ACE inhibitors, anticoagulants, oral glucose-lowering preparati, with diuretics.
In the period when the attacks are not observed, treatment does not yet exist.
During attacks treatment medication only as directed by your healthcare doctor.
- The appointment of anti-inflammatory drugs non-steroidal on the basis.
- Corticosteroids that are injected in those places where were taken the puncture of the joints, or administered in tablet form for oral administration.
- Synovial fluid or colchicine. Synovial fluid – elastic substance that fills the articulate hole. Colchicine – alkaloid mutagen that contribute to blocking cell division.
In addition to the preparative treatment you can try to relieve the pain of the popular methods:
- A decoction of the roots of burdock. 10 burdock roots are crushed and boil 200 grams of water for about 20 minutes. Infusion tablespoon of use inside three to four times a day.
- Leaves of burdock (fresh) wrap the patient’s joint. You can make a paste that will accelerate the process of penetration into the inflamed area.
- The leaves or buds of white birch (dry leaves – 8 grams or fresh – 15 g), or 4 grams dried kidney boiled in half a liter of water 20 min. half a Cup to drink the broth three or four times a day.
It is important not to mix time-use of medical treatments and medicines.
The disease is easier to prevent, than then long to deal with it.
What you need to do in order to prevent deposits of calcium pyrophosphate:
- Avoid heavy loads on the joints.
- Lifting weights should still distributing them on his back, both arms and legs symmetrically.
- It is advisable to maintain a healthy weight, avoiding additional stress on the joints. If there is an excess weight, you need to bring him back to normal.
- Rational nutrition. Avoid low fat dairy products. Should eat milk, cream, curd with a high percentage of fat, but in moderation.
- To drink during the day 2 litres of clean water without gas.
To unsubscribe from calcium gluconate without prescription. Calcium is normally absorbed only in the composition of some minerals. Excessive use only kalasadama drugs can cause chondrocalcinosis, as well as urinary and kidney stones.
Chondrocalcinosis completely impossible to cure. The process of deposition of calcium pyrophosphate to completely stop it is impossible.
But to reduce pain, to save the cartilage and improve the metabolism you can always. Most importantly, do not procrastinate.