Complex physical therapy for scoliosis in children: exercise at 1, 2, 3 degrees of curvature
Physical therapy in scoliosis: exercises suitable for children
In our time, scoliosis in children and adolescents occurs quite often, usually it is associated with rapid growth. In young patients the disease is completely curable, so as the children’s spine was formed not until the end.
Today, there are many ways to get rid of disease, but the end result still depends on the age at which the curvature was diagnosed, and as time begun was therapy.
Much depends on the patient himself, from how he carefully follow all recommendations of your doctor.
The importance and purpose of physical therapy
Don’t underestimate the value of physical therapy with her can help you:
- to eliminate excessive strain exerted on the spine;
- to strengthen the muscles of the back;
- to remove the imbalance of the muscular-ligamentous apparatus.
- to correct posture;
- to improve the overall health of the patient.
It is worth remembering that physical therapy will help straighten the spine a little patient, if the curvature functional. When a child has a structural scoliosis, the correction with the help of physical therapy will not be successful.
Features exercises for kids
Podiatrist Dikul: «the Penny product is No. 1 to restore the normal blood supply to the joints. Back and joints will be like in 18 years, enough time in the day to smear… Read more
Complex physical therapy for my back for scoliosis in children should differ from adults in lessons, especially for its simplicity. For preschool children to classes and games with music.
Exercise should not be too long. The duration of one physical therapy sessions for children under 7 years must not exceed 20 minutes.
All exercises for scoliosis correction need not be performed slowly, with the correct and much strain the entire muscles.
To stretch the spine better to do on a fitball. Not necessary for this purpose to perform the exercises on the horizontal bar. The load increase should be gradual.
It is better to do in a well ventilated area with mirrors. For exercise prone to need rug.
Before you start training, you need to consult with a specialist. Even if a child has had the first stage of scoliosis. In this case, the specialist to designate a core set of physical therapy.
A basic set of exercises
The initial set of exercises in case of scoliosis of 1 degree includes the following parts:
- exercise, IP — lying on back;
- exercises initial position — lying on his stomach;
- exercises, SP — standing — rest between exercises is necessary in the initial position, ie, if the exercise is done lying on your back, you need to relax in the same position.
The lesson begins with unloading the spine. To stand in the knee-elbow position and walk at least 2-3 minutes.
Exercises performed lying on back
These exercises help to strengthen the muscles of the abdominals:
- Traction of the spine. Lying on back possible to pull the feet down and hands up for 15 seconds. Repeat 3-4 times.
- «Bicycle». Make movements reminiscent of the Cycling, with the need to ensure that the distance between the lower limbs and the floor as much as possible. To run for half a minute, 3 sets.
- «Scissors». To do horizontal and vertical swings crossed lower limbs. Horizontal swing to perform as close as possible to the floor surface. Doing exercise for half a minute, 3 sets.
Exercises are prone
Exercises lying on the stomach, help to strengthen your back muscles:
- Traction of the spine. Prone to pull the upper and lower limbs. To do this exercise 4 times for 15 seconds.
- «Swimming». Lying on the belly, lower limbs straight, head is on the reverse side of the palms. Bend at the waist, simultaneously lift the head, upper torso, upper and lower limbs. In this position, perform movements resembling «swimming» breaststroke.
- Lying on his stomach, the head is on the outer side of the brush, the lower limbs are extended. To make them horizontal and vertical moves, thus to keep thighs off the floor.
- Hold. The starting position is the same as in the exercise above. Odnomomentno to lift the head, upper torso and limbs. Lower limb to bring together top to breed to the side, palms face up. To stay in position for a quarter of a minute. Perform 4 times. The break between exercises 10 seconds.
Work in a standing position
- The rotation of the hands. Stand straight, elbows dissolve in hand, pads of fingers set on the shoulders. Make rotary movements by hands ago. It is important that the amplitude of movements were not too big.
- Squats. Stand up straight, upper limb to breed to the side, palms face up. To rise on socks, then sit down, then again on the toes to take an initial position. Make a leisurely 5-10 squats.
Need to do all the exercises carefully or to stop training if a child has had disease progression or scoliosis of III and IV degree. There is acute pain in the back during class. Or there are severe violations of cerebral circulation, severe pathology of the cardiovascular and respiratory systems.
Physical therapy for the 2nd stage of the disease
To pick up exercises in case of scoliosis of 2 degrees should only be a specialist.
At home you can perform some simple exercises that will strengthen muscles and prepare her for further physical stress:
- Back to lean against the wall and slowly sink down until your knees form a right angle. To stay in this position for a few seconds.
- Lying on the back. One leg is straight lying on the floor, the second is lifted up and forms with the body an angle of 90 degrees.
- Supine, the lower limb bent in the knee joints. Knees need to get the forehead.
- Get on all fours, round your back, then return to the starting position. This exercise will help to strengthen the back muscles.
- To stretch the muscles of the upper body: sit on knees, and heels pressed against the buttocks. Upper extremity to reach forward and try to reach the surface of the floor of the chest and humerus.
Gymnastics in the curvature of the lumbar
At home to run children can use these exercises to correct scoliosis of the lumbar spine:
- Starting position sitting on knees, and heels pressed against the buttocks, hands located on his knees. Inhale to bend at the waist, the thorax needs to be mobile. On the exhale, exhale and bend.
- Lying on your left side on the edge of the bed. Left leg straight, right bent at the knee and her toe for the popliteal dimples left lower extremity. The left hand touches the bent knee of the right leg and right hand aside. Then take a breath and to turn his head to the right. To stay in this position for a few seconds.
- To work out the lower lumbar upper leg not placed in the popliteal cavity, and Achilles tendon. All the rest perform similarly as in the previous exercise.
Exercises in pathology of the thoracic
Thoracic scoliosis is performed such complex physical therapy:
- Lying on his back, hands chained to the castle at the back. Elbows bent to the sides. On the exhale, your elbows together, on the inhale to breed.
- Lying on your back, upper limbs behind his head. Alternately pull the left and right knee to your chest.
- Lying on his stomach, hands on his head. On the exhale, raise your upper body, inhale to lower.
- Get on all fours alternately raise and lower legs first, then arms.
Exercises in cervical curvature
The following exercises will fit a child with cervical scoliosis:
- the head tilts left and right;
- standing straight, lower your head forward and then tilt back;
- standing straight, arms along the body to raise and lower the shoulder belt.
How to stretch when the right-sided scoliosis
At home you can perform the following exercises:
- The right upper limb retract, and the left to raise up.
- Exercise «pump». Standing straight right hand glides over the body down, and left moves in the opposite direction to the shoulder belt.
- Lying on his stomach, arch his back, with his left hand to lift upwards.
- Need a special sloping seat, which has one edge lower than the other. Sitting on it to do tilts right.
In left-hand scoliosis of all these exercises to do mirroring. This is the most simple exercises which if done regularly enough to be effective.
Sports and scoliosis
Exercise for scoliosis is valid only after consulting a doctor.
In particular forbidden:
- When curvature of the spine should avoid asymmetrical physical activity, such as Boxing, tennis and fencing.
- Certain sports, for example, wrestling, high jump, weightlifting, assume excessive load on the spine.
- Badminton, tennis, Golf are contraindicated because of the sharp turns.
- Cycling can trigger the development of kyphosis as due to low back helm will be permanently bent.
- Gymnastics, Rugby, football, hockey threat in terms of injuries of the spine.
But the best sports are skiing, running and swimming. Especially swimming «breaststroke». You can swim on the back or on stomach. Useful just lying on the water it relaxes the spine.
Run for scoliosis is recommended on a soft surface such as sand. A beneficial effect on the child’s body and walks through the woods.
You need to remember that when curvature of the spine 3 degrees specialist can solve the sports, with stage 4 pathology sports are contraindicated.
For the prevention of spinal curvature is useful to engage in pool, go skiing, as with sticks and without, running, Hiking.
Basic exercises that are performed at the initial stage of scoliosis, effective for its prevention.
When the diagnosis of scoliosis it is advisable to consult a specialist and under its control to perform complex physical therapy. At home is allowed to perform the most simple exercises but even if you do only constant the result will not keep itself waiting long.