Cross flat feet — causes and treatment methods
The symptoms and treatment of transverse flatfoot
The human foot consists of many small bones, joints, ligaments and tendons associated with each other.
Wearing the wrong shoes, being overweight, various injuries and numerous other reasons can disrupt the delicate balance of the system, which is a foot. Due to irregularities in the ligament, the joint or anatomical location of bones, the arches of the foot begin to opasatsya.
Over time, the deformity may progress, may remain at a certain stage constantly. And in fact, in that case, it gives reason to diagnose flat feet.
Klassificeret several types of this disease:
- Cross flat feet where the foot «spreads» in width, develops bone and cartilage growth. Instead give load bearing capacity in the form of an arch, the foot is flattened and puts extra support in the form of the joint, popularly referred to as «bone». The risk of this type of the disease — women and men aged 35 to 55 years, especially those who suffer from excessive fullness.
- The longitudinal flat feet, on the contrary, is manifested in the elongation of the foot in length and is most frequently observed in young age — 16-25 years.
- For the combined flatfoot simultaneously observed in both strains, but they all lead to the flattening of the arch of the foot. A combined version of the disease is observed most often.
Typically, the predisposition to flat feet can be inherited, but it does happen and the types of acquired flat foot, which was not the tendency.
- Static — educated because stand, lack of exercise, excess weight, high stress on the foot, and endocrine diseases.
- Paralytic — emerged after the transfer of the paralysis of the limbs, and dysfunction of the muscles that hold the arch of the foot.
- Traumatic — physical changes as a result of the injury.
- Rachitic — acquired, developed from a lack of vitamin D.
The degree of development distinguish the weak primary, primary, and progressive flatfoot.
Consider the cross flatfoot, one of the most common types of the disease, closer.
Flattens why stop?
Podiatrist Dikul: «the Penny product is No. 1 to restore the normal blood supply to the joints. Back and joints will be like in 18 years, enough time in the day to smear… Read more
Causes of transverse flatfoot to name a few.
- Genetic predisposition. As already mentioned, most often, flat feet is manifested as a congenital disease. It is caused due to congenital weakness of the muscles of the arch, which is also called «aristocratic foot.» If a person leads a healthy lifestyle, eats right, gets moderate exercise, wear good shoes, this kind of flat feet is not progressing and almost never cause trouble.
- Disorders in the muscle and ligaments of the foot. In a healthy person the phalanges of the foot should be parallel to each other. But, as a rule, the slightest and imperceptible disturbance in the development of muscles or ligaments leads to the formation of fan-shaped arrangement of the phalanges. Over time, the phalanx of «crawl» in hand, and because of this, there is a transverse flat feet.
- Overweight. The arch of the foot, as with all its muscular and ligamentous apparatus, designed to work only with a certain weight. If it goes beyond the norm, the load on the foot increases, it flattens.
- The same situation is observed in people with normal weight but with excess load on the foot from over activity. Thus, the work of the lecturer, teacher, factory worker and many other professions are considered «standing», a man most of the day spends on his feet. Inordinate burden upset the balance of the foot, developing acquired flatfoot, which is considered an occupational disease.
- Foot injuries are one of the most frequent factors in the development of flat feet in men. The foot fractures, sprains, pulled muscles and ligaments, violation of the integrity of the calcaneus lead to a breach of the staff of the foot and a progressive flatfoot.
- Walking in heels, wearing uncomfortable shoes with improper shoes and other violations of hygiene of the foot — almost one of the most common reasons for the development of acquired flatfoot. When walking on the heels, for example, shift the entire body weight on the forefoot. Instead of evenly distributed throughout the support, it puts pressure and, over time, deform bones, not ready to such loads. It is because of heels, but also because of the transmission of hereditary predisposition to flat feet in the female line, the ratio of affected women and men is eight to two respectively.
Symptoms that indicate the development of pathology
The development of flatfoot to recognize quite easily. The most common symptoms that accompany the transverse flat feet:
- Persistent pain, and the emergence of a strong sense of fatigue in the feet, which is particularly evident by the end of the day.
- Burning and cramps in the Shin, not usually associated with an uncomfortable situation, hypothermia and other external factors.
- Deformity of the foot and change the location of the fingers.
- The emergence of a kind of lump at the base of the thumb (usually it is called «bone»).
- In progressive flatfoot posture, pain in knees and joints of the pelvis, discomfort in the back.
- With the development of the disease, deforms the entire front part of the foot.
How to diagnose the disease
To diagnose flat feet is possible by the examination of orthopedist, or traumatologist, who will identify the type of violation and the degree of progression of the flatfoot.
The results of the examination by a doctor can be assigned to different therapies.
The treatment of the disease
Treatment of transverse flatfoot in adults should be complex.
Conservative methods include:
- Reducing the load on the foot, until its immobilization in severe cases.
- Wearing individually tailored orthopedic shoes. In complex cases this may be the footwear, retaining not only the foot but also the calf. In the initial stages of plantar fasciitis use orthopedic insoles and gel inserts. All of them should be appointed doctor and are selected individually.
- Measures to reduce weight when he was identified as surplus.
- Restorative exercise for the treatment of transverse flatfoot included in the course of physical therapy.
- Medications (analgesics) are assigned in progressive flatfoot and the presence of osteoarthritis or bursitis.
- Physical therapy and massage aimed at the removal of pain, relaxation of the muscles of the foot.
- To relieve stress, prevent seizures, reduce pain used also refreshing foot bath, cool compresses, ointments on the basis of mint and menthol.
Non-conservative, people’s treatment of transverse flatfoot is mainly aimed at pain relief that occurs during loading stop with flat feet.
These include ice compresses, foot baths on the basis of mint, lemon balm, thyme, calendula, chamomile, Linden and lavender.
Folk remedies in the treatment of transverse flatfoot can not serve as an independent method of treatment of the disease. And are used only for the relief of pain.
If conservative treatment methods do not show result, irreversible changes in the foot, the patient suffers severe pain that is assigned to surgical intervention. Due to the operation surgically treated strain forefoot. A number of modern techniques allows you to do this without the subsequent application of plaster — thus, the rehabilitation period is reduced.
Operative treatment of transverse flatfoot has a significant drawback — the need for a complete end loads on the foot during the period of training and rehabilitation, but the problem is solved cardinally — the flat is not progressing and is no longer a regular concern, as in the case of conservative treatment.
To never have problems with flat feet, should pay attention to the ease of shoes, do not wear high heels, maintain your weight normal. People standing professions need time to rest, change positions during the performance of duties.
Like most other diseases, flat feet is easier to prevent than to cure.