Cupping back massage: treatment of osteochondrosis
For pain in the joints, lower back, spine an indispensable method of treatment of osteoarthritis is massage cupping. He has the experience of healers of the Ancient East. There is cupping therapy used in the treatment of many diseases depending on their nature and complexity.
Nowadays cupping back massage in osteochondrosis is also an almost mandatory part of the treatment. After medical methods, due to various possible complications and side effects, apply a short and intermittent, which is not always effective. And the use of massage with the help of cans allows for enhanced therapeutic effect.
Low back pain: causes of
Low back pain is a lesion of the vertebral tissues, which is characterized by the dysfunction of the intervertebral discs and surrounding joints. Most often the disease occurs in people over 35 years, but, as statistics show, in recent years, problems with joints and spine complains a lot of young people. And no wonder, because the reasons for the development of this disease is:
- incorrect load distribution on the spine;
- a long stay in adverse to the joints and spine position;
- sedentary lifestyle;
- curvature of the spine;
- hereditary diseases of joints and vertebral tissues;
- injuries of the musculoskeletal system;
- hyperactive related to lifting operation;
- insufficient number in the body of essential trace elements;
- infectious diseases affecting joint tissue.
Massage in osteochondrosis improves circulation, relieves pain and helps to restore functions of the spine. The defining symptom of osteoarthritis is pain. It indicates a problem with the joint. The pain may be sharp, aching, have a periodic or permanent nature, made manifest in motion and at rest. Oddly enough, but the degenerative disc disease can masquerade as a headache (if appropriate clamped blood vessels in the neck Department) or manifest heart pain (when, in fact, squashed by the nerve that is most often in the pathology of the thoracic spine).
Ache in the low back pain can chest, ribs, neck, shoulder, back, arm, depending on the location of the affected intervertebral disc. In addition, pain can be accompanied by nausea, dizziness, tinnitus, vomiting, and even fainting.
Treatment banks: simplicity and efficiency
Massage cupping is a simple, affordable and effective method for the treatment and prevention of osteoarthritis. The procedure does not require special skills and expensive equipment. It is sufficient to read carefully the scheme of the vacuum and to acquire banks.
Massage for low back pain — massage of the back, namely the treatment of banks is based on stimulation of processes of blood circulation, which contributes to the rapid improvement of nutrition of the skin and muscles. As a result of the procedure, accelerates recovery processes by stimulation of receptors on the surface of the skin.
To create a vacuum in the jar is usually for a short time (1 -2 seconds) placed alcohol-saturated cotton wool or a burning match. Easier to use a wick: a small cotton swab is tightly wound on a serrated metal base. Should not be used as the basis of a pair of scissors: they can suddenly be revealed. Creating a vacuum in the jar, extinguish the burning wick in a container of water, and the jar immediately applied to the areas of the body needing the massage.
The scheme of action of this method of treatment is as follows:
- thanks to the created vacuum dilate small blood vessels;
- improves the flow of lymph;
- relax the muscles of the back;
- nutrition of the intervertebral discs comes to normal;
- leaves swelling of the soft tissues;
- accelerated venous blood flow;
- disappear pain.
Massage in osteochondrosis takes 5 to 15 minutes. If the way of performing back massage dynamic (when the Bank moves on the surface of the skin), the patient’s body necessarily is smeared with a fat cream or oil for smooth sliding of the banks.
Vacuum massage in house conditions
Cupping massage in osteochondrosis is performed in the following order:
- the body of the patient cover with oil or fat cream;
- carefully massage the patient’s back, knead the muscles;
- set fire soaked in alcohol cotton wick;
- taking the jar, insert the burning match, trying not to overheat the edge of the banks;
- after 1-2 seconds, quickly release the Bank sharply and attach it to the body of the patient;
- when the Bank pulls the skin to fill the vacuum, you can begin the massage.
It is very important during the massage led to the Bank in accordance with the direction of natural blood flow. If you need treatment for lower back or back, the movements should be directed upward and be circular, zigzag or straight. If the back massage focuses on the neck area, the banks move from the top down. Such treatment of osteochondrosis is one of the most effective.
Thus, when correctly performed vacuum massage the feelings of the patient are accompanied by a warm, slight burning sensation or slight pain. Sessions of cupping massage can be done every day or every other day.
After cupping massage is necessary to conduct a final «squeeze» massage, and then leave the patient to rest for 30-40 minutes, definitely wrapped him in a warm blanket.
Contraindications to treatment by banks
You should pay particular attention to the fact that this method of treatment as any other back massage has a range of contraindications. Before you start treatment of osteoarthritis with cupping massage, you should consult with your doctor.
Contraindications of cupping massage include:
- the presence of cancer, malignant tumors;
- open pulmonary tuberculosis;
- poor blood clotting;
- pulmonary hemorrhage and expectoration of blood;
- hypertension II and III degree;
- acute infectious diseases;
- problems with the cardiovascular system;
- the high sensitivity of the skin;
- varicose veins;
- various skin lesions;
- the tendency to convulsions.
During treatment of an osteochondrosis it is forbidden to perform cupping massage in heart, kidney, spinal cord and mammary glands. However, with the proper technology and a responsible approach this method can not only be useful as part of therapy, but even to become a favorite procedure warning possible diseases and ailments.
Treatment of osteochondrosis — a difficult process, but each symptom must be subjected to a detailed analysis.