Deforming arthrosis of the ankle joint 1,2,3 degree: symptoms and treatment
Deforming arthrosis of the ankle: symptoms and treatment
Deforming arthrosis of the ankle joint (DAG) is a chronic form of the disease, the main cause of which is changes in the articular cartilage.
It should be noted that this disease occurs frequently, especially in athletes and people exposed to severe physical stress. Also DOUG is often seen in people who are overweight.
The ankle joint is almost always in motion and is under the influence of loads. The process of destruction of the articular cartilage is dangerous because in the early stages he has no clinical symptoms. So the person does not even suspect that he is developing quite a serious disease. As practice shows, in most cases the disease is diagnosed in the elderly.
The mechanism of disease development
The process of deformation of the ankle joint can progress under different factors. Joint cartilage itself has no nerve endings and blood vessels, which is the main reason for a painless flow of destruction.
In the process of destruction of the cartilage becomes fairly loose and it is separated from the small pieces that float in the joint gap and penetrate between rubbing surfaces of the joint. The result is small pieces wash the synovial covering of the joint capsule and cartilage.
All this leads to painful inflammation of the synovial sheath. This process chain leads to even more destruction of the cartilage.
The root of the problem
Podiatrist Dikul: «the Penny product is No. 1 to restore the normal blood supply to the joints. Back and joints will be like in 18 years, enough time in the day to smear… Read more
To prevent development of such diseases as DOUG, it is important to know its causes. One of the most common factors that cause deforming arthrosis of the ankle is increased load on the foot and legs in General.
As mentioned earlier, athletes are often susceptible to DOUG. The disease can also occur in women who often wear heels and do not let the limb rest. Compounding the situation is the regular hypothermia feet.
Being overweight is another significant cause of strain. Therefore, it is necessary to carefully monitor your lifestyle and diet. It is worth noting that the pathological changes may come from the cartilage, and not because of a large load. But the reason for this change of doctors is often called a metabolic proteins in the tissue.
Deforming arthrosis of the ankle joint can begin to develop after intra-articular fracture, partial tear of the capsule or bleeding in the joint.
To provoke the disease can and other related diseases, for example, diabetes or arthrosis other part of the body. In some cases, deforming arthrosis of the ankle joint can be inherited.
If parents have a tendency to this disease, it is extremely important to know about the rules of prevention, we will tell about them a little lower.
Stage of development of the disease
Deforming arthrosis of the ankle joint has three degrees of development, namely:
- The disease is the first stage do not strongly affect the disability and the human condition. Pain syndromes can occur after rest or in the morning. Stiffness in the joints is fast enough, after the start of motion. At sharp movements the joint can produce distinctive crunch. The disease manifests itself only at long and regular physical activity. At times the pain is completely absent. As practice shows, at this stage of the disease, patients rarely seek assistance.
- The disease in the second degree is characterized by more pronounced pain syndromes. In some cases it can develop into an acute form. Crackle appears even at minimum load and movement. There are some limitations of joint mobility, but the ability to work still. Deforming arthrosis of the ankle joint of 2 degrees is characterized by a constant General fatigue and discomfort. In the second stage has already undergone considerable destruction, so going to the doctor is required measure. Osteoarthritis does not allow certain types of physical work and can cause a lot of discomfort.
- Disease of the third degree is considered the most difficult and neglected. At this stage there is a joint deformity, inflammation, limitation of movement, disability, and pain and the apparent sensitivity of the joint to the weather changes. If time does not go to the doctor, to avoid terrible consequences would be virtually impossible.
A different degree of deforming arthrosis of the ankle joint has its own symptoms. But there are basic, suitable for all. Among them:
- clicks and crackle in the movement in the joint;
- «start-up» pain;
- restriction of movements;
- pain during and after physical activity;
- swelling and inflammation;
- aching pain at night;
- deformity of the joint.
«Start-up» pain is one of the most common and characteristic symptoms. It occurs even in the early stages. This pain occurs after long periods of rest or tranquility.
After raising from bed or chair the pain last for a short period of time. After a few minutes of movement it passes, especially during the first stages of arthrosis. If you noticed a similar trend, it is best to immediately consult a doctor for professional help.
Diagnosis and therapy
To diagnose deforming arthrosis of the ankle can be a doctor. This most often prescribe MRI of the ankle. During the examination, the specialist determines the degree of development and depth of the problem. After this is assigned treatment.
It should be noted that treatment is a complex of actions for quite a long time struggling with the reasons for the emergence of disease. The first thing doctors recommend to get rid of heavy physical exertion and minimize movement.
Good action has a special therapeutic exercise, massage and physiotherapy. In most cases, drug therapy is prescribed. Medications help relieve pain and inflammation. In advanced stages used intra-articular injection of corticosteroids.
Today for the treatment of deforming arthrosis of the ankle joint often used laser therapy. Laser treatment is one of the most effective, especially in the early stages of the disease.
To get the body fully recovered, it is important to take care of proper nutrition and supplements. To useful products include hash, jelly and jelly. Also in osteoarthritis it is recommended to eat foods rich in calcium and b vitamins.
The consequences of deforming arthrosis of the ankle joint can be very unpleasant. This disease can cause partial or complete immobilization. If time does not go to the doctor, increases the risk of disability.
Warned and armed
There are a few recommendations that will help to avoid the appearance and progression of DOUG. The first step is to avoid injuries of the joints.
Footwear shall be worn only on a stable heel, and when to apply remedies. Also do not use shoes with hard soles too.
Be sure to follow your diet, eat calcium and all the vitamins. To enter in the daily diet dairy products, vegetables and fruits. Should abandon salty and spicy food.
If the work involves constant load, it is great to relax and try regularly carry out special exercises.
You need to treat any disorders related to vascular disease and the endocrine system. You should also have regular check-UPS from doctors, to avoid unpleasant surprises.