Diet and nutrition in arthritis (rheumatoid, infectious, etc.): the features and menus
Nutrition for arthritis: the recommended diet and menu options
Arthritis is an inflammation of the joints resulting from different causes: trauma, infectious disease or allergic manifestation.
Most often, arthritis affects the knee, elbow joints and feet. The treatment of the disease is complex, including clinical nutrition.
Diet during arthritis therapy must be adhered to strictly and in time, too. With food the body receives all the nutrients and nutrients that are needed in the period of exacerbation of the disease.
Diet prepared by the nutritionist after the diagnosis and determine the type of arthritis and its causes.
General nutrition guidelines
Regardless of the kind of arthritis developed General rules power to restore joints:
- food should be low calorie, diet aims not to gain extra weight that gives stress on the joints – it is necessary to remove those extra pounds;
- you must balance the receipt of all the necessary components;
- to cook food should be steamed, it can be boil or simmer, but do not fry;
- to repair damaged structures of the joint it is recommended the use of food from boiled bones (jelly) that you can eat all you want, they have a natural chondroprotectors to restore cartilage tissue, but such dishes cannot be used in gout;
- you can not eat fatty meats – fats can only be of plant origin;
- fresh juices from fruits, beets and carrots help to enrich the body with vitamins, remove toxins and waste products from it;
- should give up alcohol, strong coffee and tea, reduce the consumption of pickles, seasonings and spices, except ginger and turmeric.
Sometimes patients are advised to fasting, but it is only in the absence of diseases of the digestive tract.
Essential nutrients for joints
Podiatrist Dikul: «the Penny product is No. 1 to restore the normal blood supply to the joints. Back and joints will be like in 18 years, enough time in the day to smear… Read more
In all types of arthritis and for joint health in principle, it is necessary to consume food products containing omega-3 acids. They reduce inflammation and improve health of the patient.
More of this substance is present in the sea fatty fish. When fish are prohibited for use due to any reason, you can take Flaxseed oil.
Needed by the body and carbohydrates – they provide energy. A challenging and rewarding carbohydrates is in vegetables and fruit, bread from wheat flour, cereals. Fresh juices from beets and carrots help the body to saturate with vitamins, remove toxins and wastes, which facilitates the work of all systems.
Forbidden to eat the following products:
- Strong coffee and tea. The high content of caffeine leads to the elimination of calcium from the bones.
- Fat meat varieties. It contains substances that cause inflammation of the joints.
- Spirits. They contain adrenaline, which, entering the blood, increases inflammation.
- Honey, chocolate. They have a lot of carbohydrates, contributing to weight gain.
- Salt. It is deposited in the joints, increases swelling and pain.
- Foods containing TRANS-fats (chips, cakes). They contribute to obesity and poor circulation.
- Egg yolk, cod liver oil, eggplant, tomatoes and other products that can cause worsening gout.
The diet should be followed strictly only during exacerbation, when there is a lull, it is possible to reduce the pressure.
What you need is
There is a certain list of foods you want to eat for arthritis. Of them it is worth to highlight a few that can have a positive affect on the body:
- Salmon. Contains a lot of omega-3 fatty acids, especially if the fish was caught from the sea (grown artificially contains them much less). Besides, salmon has vitamin D3, which is necessary for bones just.
- Almonds. Contains a lot of vitamin E, which strengthens the external wall of the articular bags and protects the joint from destruction. A lot of vitamin E is available in sunflower seeds and peanuts.
- Apples. Help in the production of collagen is the main component of cartilage tissue, decaying arthritis. A day is enough to eat one Apple to replenish nutrients for the formation of collagen. Apple is not subjected to heat treatment and peel.
- Black beans. In this form of beans are many antioxidants that destroy free radicals, which suppress the release of an enzyme that reduces inflammation. It also has manganese, a mineral necessary for the joints.
- Kale. Contains a lot of calcium, copper and manganese, essential for bone health. It can be eaten without restriction, without fear for the deposition of cholesterol and weight gain. Almost the same properties of broccoli contains more vitamins A and C.
- Ginger. Well relieves pain and swelling, preventing the production of enzymes that cause inflammation.
In addition, the table should be fruits and vegetables, dairy products, chicken and rabbit, fish. Very useful exotic fruit – papaya. It is more vitamin C than other fruits, and its absence is responsible for the emergence and rate of development of arthritis.
Menu for the week
Diet for arthritis joints will help ready the option menu. It can vary in accordance with your preferences:
- Monday: Breakfast – oatmeal, yogurt, whole wheat bread. Lunch – rabbit with boiled vegetables, caviar squash (homemade), juice. Dinner – lean meat, steamed vegetables, bread with added bran, cheese.
- Tuesday: Breakfast – cheese and bread, corn flakes, fruit juice. Lunch – vegetable salad, baked potatoes with ham. Dinner – steamed fish, rice with vegetables.
- Wednesday: Breakfast – 2 eggs, 2 slices of bread, cocoa. Lunch – soup on lean meat, vegetable salad, juice. Dinner – salmon 100 g, baked vegetables, tea.
- Thursday: Breakfast – bran bread with butter and nuts, cheese, cocoa. Lunch – lasagna with vegetables, croutons of bread from wheat flour, yogurt. Dinner – soup with rice, cheese, cocoa.
- Friday: Breakfast – oatmeal with fruit, green tea. Lunch – tomato soup, rice, a baguette with butter and cheese. Dinner – fish white varieties, baked potato, yogurt.
- Saturday: Breakfast – bread with butter, cheese, ham, weak coffee. Lunch – steamed vegetables and boiled potatoes, a slice of watermelon, low-fat milk. Dinner – pumpkin soup with croutons, steamed vegetables, fermented baked milk.
- Sunday: Breakfast – porridge made of buckwheat, cheese, tea. Lunch – soup of fish and white varieties of vegetables, croutons, low-fat milk. Dinner – boiled chicken, steamed vegetables, cheese, cocoa.
For lunch and brunch you can use yogurt, nuts, apples.
The most famous Antartica and ActiveSOA diet is rice. The rice absorbs like a sponge, salts, toxins and harmful substances, and this creates favorable conditions for normal functioning of the joints. Applying diet, it is possible not to resort to medication.
For diet you need to take 2 kg of unpolished or brown rice and 4 banks, number them.
First time in a jar, pour 3 tablespoons of washed rice and pour a small amount of water. On the second day in another jar to pour the clean rice in the first jar to rinse. In the third and fourth day to do the same procedures, and on the fifth day, the figure turns to eat, cooking him porridge.
Daily empty jar should fill with the rice, and cook and buy and eat. It will take 4-5 weeks, but it is necessary to observe some rules:
- rice consumed on an empty stomach, after drinking 2 glass of plain water, nothing added to the porridge;
- after rice is to be eaten after 4 hours, before drinking a glass of water.
Drinking water while dieting should be at least 3 liters. You should also reduce the rate of salt intake, and food needs to be easy – more vegetable dishes. Such a diet helps in the treatment of arthritis fingers.
There is another effective diet that help in the treatment of arthritis diet Dong, developed in America.
The main emphasis in this diet is a complete rejection of meat, tomatoes, dairy products, whole milk, alcohol, vinegar, chocolate, spices and egg yolk. Once a week allowed meat poultry low-fat varieties. The program duration is 10 weeks.
Food in rheumatoid arthritis
Diet in rheumatoid arthritis is of paramount importance not to aggravate the situation the possible development of gout and other complications:
To eliminate aggravation and relief of pain should be consumed:
- dairy products and foods containing protein – cheese, fermented baked milk, cottage cheese, sour cream, eggs (3 PCs. per week);
- lean meat and fish – 150 g per day, steamed, boiled or baked;
- fruits and compotes of them, vegetables;
- oat and buckwheat;
- bread with bran and bran separately.
Go to this diet after consulting a specialist.
From the diet should exclude or limit consumption of the following products:
- salt and all the pickles, spicy seasonings;
- sugar and sweets, especially chocolate and cocoa;
- greens – spinach, lettuce, sorrel, rhubarb;
During the diet you should take vitamins C, PP, as will felt them insufficient dietary intake.
The question was — is the answer
Our expert provides answers to the most popular questions about diet for arthritis:
- Question: Many patients are interested in how often you have to eat for arthritis? Answer: Diet for arthritis, especially in the period of exacerbation should be fractional, at least 5-6 times a day in small portions.
- Question: is there any fasting? Answer: Yes, the doctor may recommend starvation during severe exacerbation, but not for long.
- Question: Why can not drink milk and dairy products possible? Answer: Milk is a strong allergen, it can trigger an allergic arthritis.
- Question: Why the diet should be alkaline? Answer: If the disease manifested itself, then, there was a shift in acid-base balance towards the acid, it should just recover.
Right food for arthritis helps in the successful treatment of the disease. Follow a diet is necessary, especially during an exacerbation, but only after consultation with a doctor.
Experts recommend to adhere to the rules of food with the purpose of prophylaxis of diseases of the joints.