Do in the army with scoliosis 1, 2, 3, 4 degree: what does it depend, rationale and nuances
Does the presence of scoliosis exemption from the army?
Today, more and more young people diagnosed with scoliosis, displacement of the spine to the left or right side.
When this disease affects not only the spine but also the visceral organs are compressed intervertebral discs and nerve roots, resulting in the development of osteochondrosis and hernia, which can damage the spinal cord and cause disability.
Military service and the scoliosis incompatible?
In scoliosis, the back muscles on one side too tight and on the opposite side are relaxed. Therefore, this pathology is contraindicated:
- to be a long time in one position;
- in progressive scoliosis, but also on the 3rd and 4th stage of the disease you can not run;
- any exercises, both with weights and without, in which the load is to consist of one lower limb, during their performance to suffer more bones of the pelvis;
- not allowed to sit in the Lotus position;
- somersaults, flips, which can cause injury of the spine;
- sharp turns of the torso;
- sport games such as soccer, tennis, volleyball, some for running, others for sharp turns;
- all exercises, which is the vertical load on the spine;
- the carrying of one hand;
- during gymnastics and dance is not created for the same load on the spine, so they are also not allowed.
Based on this list of contraindications is understandable why scoliosis can cause restrictions to military service.
However, if the recruit has a curvature of the spine, it does not guarantee that it will not call in the army, much importance is the degree of the pathology, its characteristics (stable or unstable scoliosis), and are observed or not disorders of the spine.
So if a recruit was diagnosed with a scoliosis, in the military, you need to provide x-rays, based on their medical Board decides to call in the army or on suspension from duty.
Categories of life recruits and military ID sickness
Podiatrist Dikul: «the Penny product is No. 1 to restore the normal blood supply to the joints. Back and joints will be like in 18 years, enough time in the day to smear… Read more
According to the doctors of the medical Board, all young men of military age are divided into 5 categories.
The verdict experts stand on the basis of article 66, according to which all recruits belong to 1 of 5 categories:
- «A» made healthy conscripts who are found suitable for service in the armed forces without any restrictions (they could be diagnosed with scoliosis in childhood and adolescence, but is fixed to undergo medical examination).
- «B» — young people with small health problems that prevent the passage of military service. Such recruits found fit, however, with limitations on the kind of troops (scoliosis 1st degree, unstable scoliosis of 2 degrees).
- — Persons released from military service in peacetime, but they are given a military ID, and they are in stock, in case of war, their call for staffing of military units of the 2nd phase. Under this category are patients with a stable (fixed) scoliosis of 2 degrees and a deflection angle of more than 17 ° and those angle less than 17°, but there are functional disorders of the spine.
- «G» — citizens for exemption from military service for 6 or 12 months, with repeated passage of a medical Board after this period (patients with scoliosis fall into this category often, because the pathology cannot be cured in such a short period of time).
- «D» — young men exempted from military service. This category refers to persons suffering from stable or unstable scoliosis of 2 stage with moderate and high functional changes pathology grade 3-4. About a corresponding entry in the military card and passport stamped.
It’s all in the nature of curvature
Lateral curvature of the spine is 4 degrees:
- 1 the degree of pathology, the angle of curvature varies from 1° to 10°;
- 2 the degree of the disease, the angle of the scoliosis is in the range from 11° to 25°;
- 3 degree, when the angle of curvature ranges from 26° to 50°;
- 4 the extent in such patients, the angle of scoliosis of more than 50°.
Young people need to provide doctors with the medical Board of the military enlistment office x-ray of the spine, performed in a standing position.
Recruits diagnosed with 1 degree of scoliosis are considered fit for military service, but restricted occupation.
Upon detection of spinal curvature of 2 degrees, the recruit is sent to do an x-ray, but in the prone position:
- If the angle of curvature in both images is different, the scoliosis is considered to be unstable, also referred to as non-fixed or mobile. For example, if the photographs where the patient is in a vertical position, the angle is 14°, and in the lying position, the angle of curvature of less than and equal to 9 °, the degree of pathology to be 2, but indicate that the non-fixed scoliosis. Such patients belong to the category of group B and are called up for military service, but given the medical restrictions.
- At a fixed scoliosis in both x-rays of the angles of deflection of the spine is preserved and not beyond the boundaries of 11° to 25°. In case of stable disease, if the angle of curvature of less than 17°, the recruit is classified as «B», shall be exempt from military service and sent to the reserve.
- When the recruit discovered fixing scoliosis with the angle more than 17°, or the disease is in stage 3 or 4, then a young person is generally exempt from military service.
Do in the army with scoliosis — review of the lawyer:
Functional disorders of the spine
Dysfunction of the spine is another criteria which can be dismissed from military service. Violations of static and/or motor function may be the following.
They are characterized by:
- the inability to stay upright even for long;
- strong tension long muscles of the back and tenderness throughout the spinal column;
- the complete absence of the cervical and lumbar lordosis;
- progressive scoliosis of 2 degrees or more;
- the mobility of neuromeres of the spine;
- limiting the amplitude of locomotor activity more than 50% in the cervical and/ or thoracic and lumbar area of the spine.
In this case, is typical:
- the inability to remain in an upright position over 60-120 minutes;
- moderate tension of the long muscles of the back and pain in some of its sections;
- reduction of cervical and lumbar lordosis;
- degenerative scoliosis 1 and 2 degrees;
- hypermobility of the segments of the spine;
- the decrease of the amplitude of motion from 20 to 50% in any region of the spine;
- weakness of the muscles of the arms and legs;
- decompensated paresis of certain muscle groups.
- the patient may remain in an upright position a maximum of 5-6 hours;
- the amplitude reduction of locomotor activity in parts of the spine up to 20%;
- the absence or reduction of tendon reflex;
- incomplete loss of sensation in the area of one segment of the spine;
- the lowering of the tone of individual muscle fibers, which, however, kompensiruet other muscles.
Depending on the degree of dysfunction of the recruit can assign such categories of life:
- minor violations of the spine and 1 degree scoliosis — «B» category, i.e. young people can serve in the army, but with restricted occupation;
- when the disease degree 2 and the simultaneous minor dysfunction can assign a category «b» and send to the reserve;
- with minor changes and a curvature angle of less than 17°, may also recognize the limitations of fit and assign a category «B»;
- at moderate and severe dysfunction when the angle of scoliosis of more than 17° is assigned to category D.
For citizens of the Russian Federation the issue of conscription into the armed forces is decided based on the resolution of the Government of the Russian Federation from 04.Jul.2013 № 565 «About the Position statement about military-medical examination».
To obtain exemption from service in the armed forces is possible only on the basis of the conclusion of the medical Commission of the military enlistment office. The conclusion of all other physicians not included.
Usually, issues occur if the recruit is observed scoliosis 1 and 2 degrees in the border values when the angle of curvature is 9-12°.
As being in a vertical position, you can slightly bend to the side, causing the angle of scoliosis to increase, so the military doctors require you to make x-rays even in the supine position. And only on the basis of two images render its verdict.
In case of disagreement with the decision of the medical conclusion of the recruit writes the statement in 2 copies, one of them for himself, the other by the Secretary. Secretary on the letterhead, which remains in the hands of the recruit signs his name, position, date and number of the registration statement.
To Commission a young person provides a copy of all certificates and pictures. If they refuse to accept, you can send them a registered letter with notification.
The original images and references remain in the hands of the recruit, they will need to re-Commission meetings. If the application is not accepted at the local recruiting office, it can be submitted to the regional military registration and enlistment office. In case of failure and is served with a lawsuit.
Thus, boys with scoliosis of 1 degree and an unstable scoliosis of 2 degrees recognized fit, but with slight limitations.
The rest of the recruits handed out a military ID without going through military service, but some citizens are drafted into the army in time of war.