Dorsopathy of the lumbosacral spine
Dorsopathies lumbosacral — the most common form of dorsopathy
Dorsopathy – an umbrella term for a whole group of degenerative diseases of the spine, the main symptoms of which are pain syndromes of different intensity in the back and limbs, not associated with diseases of internal organs.
The most common dorsopathy of the lumbosacral spine (this variant of the disease found in 80% of patients).
It is the vertebrae in the lumbosacral area most vulnerable to static overload, and even the maximum thickness of the intervertebral disc and vertebral bodies in this Department of the spinal column does not prevent disease.
In the same area is a large muscle collection to ensure the mobility of lower limbs, sciatic nerve – the largest nerve of the human body.
The main symptoms
The main manifestations of dorsopathy of lumbosacral spine are:
- Lumbodynia (dull pain);
- Back pain that goes to the muscles of the buttocks and thighs;
- Sudden movements, coughing, sneezing can cause lumbar backache;
- Back pain, aggravated by standing;
- Muscle cramps of the leg;
- Forced poses, limp, appearing as a result of violations of the biomechanics of different and diverse pain.
The reasons for the development of the disease
Podiatrist Dikul: «the Penny product is No. 1 to restore the normal blood supply to the joints. Back and joints will be like in 18 years, enough time in the day to smear… Read more
The factors provoking the development of this common variant of pathology of the spine, are:
- Genetic (predisposition to immunological, hormonal, psychogenic faults the structural features of cartilage).
- Hypodynamia, a disease of «lack of movement» inherent in many modern people.
- Osteochondrosis — degenerative processes in the musculoskeletal and connective system of the spine associated with age-related changes and the influence of external factors.
- Curvature of the spine (slouching, scoliosis, kyphoscoliosis).
- Gastrointestinal diseases, unbalanced or poor nutrition
- A long stay in damp and cool environment.
- Vibration and other occupational hazards, particularly prolonged exposure to a patient’s body.
- Poor posture leading to static and dynamic overloads (if the works are prolonged, uncomfortable position in bed).
The General plan of treatment dorsopathy
The main objectives of treatment dorsopathy of lumbosacral spine include:
- relief of severe pain;
- preventing the development of degenerative processes in the structural elements of the spine;
- full rehabilitation;
- prevention of recurrence.
Therapeutic measures at dorsopathy is developed for each individual case, taking into account the cause, the form of the disease, the severity of pain and movement disorders that inevitably arise in a patient.
Choose the right tactics of treating the patient with dorsopathy can achieve a stable result.
Dorsopathy of the lumbosacral spine has two phases: acute and chronic.
In the acute phase all measures aimed at reducing or completely removing the patient from the excruciating pain:
- Ill need a few days to lie down, preferably in a protective posture (antalgicheskaya).
- At impossibility of observance of bed rest to fix the affected section of the spine, it is recommended to wear the corset immobilizing orthosis spine. A corset should not be used for too long (no need to wear it constantly), because prolonged immobilization leads to muscle wasting and osteoporosis.
- In the case of intense pain spend pain blockade (procaine or milokumova) use of opioid analgesics (tramadol) in combination with non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs. When severe muscle spasms use muscle relaxants (mydocalm). When the pain of low intensity prescribed non-opioid analgesics, warming ointment. («Ispol», «Efkamon», «Fastum-gel» and its analogues, «Indovazin»), non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs.
In remission of the disease medication includes the use of:
- Nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs for long-term use (Nimesulide, candles «Tsefekon» and «Diklovit»).
- To improve the exchange reactions in the damaged cartilage appoint chondroprotectors (symptoms).
- Drugs that activate the regenerative processes – biogenic stimulants, cardiovascular drugs (blood supply of the spinal cord, and power of nerve endings), vitamins of group B.
- Sedatives help to relieve fatigue of the nervous system caused by constant pain.
Despite the effectiveness of drugs in the treatment of dorsopathy, it is important to remember that their prolonged use can cause serious harm to the body.
It is therefore important, and in some cases, the main part of the treatment of back pain are non-pharmacological methods.
In the choice of tactics of treatment and programme of rehabilitation should be used:
- Physiotherapy (darsonvalization, electrophoresis, currents Bernard, ultraviolet irradiation, phonophoresis). These procedures are designed to reduce pain, relieve swelling, improve blood flow to the affected discs of the spine.
- Massage. Appointed after the acute phase dorsopathy with the aim of eliminating muscle spasms. Positive effect after a course of classical massage can lasts 12 months.
- Manual therapy. A qualified specialist, who owns the methods of manual therapy, can quickly eliminate the block in the structure of the spine, localization of which is determined by using x-rays and examination of the patient before each treatment session. This method has many contra-indications: all inflammatory diseases of the body, osteoporosis, acute pain in the lumbar spine and adjacent soft tissues, tumors and trauma of the spine.
- Traction treatment. The method consists in the gradual stretching of the spine, allowing you to stretch the paravertebral tissue, increase the distance between the vertebrae, reduce or eliminate compression of the nerve root.
A special role in dorsopathy plays physiotherapy.
Special exercises will help to strengthen a muscular corset and a full-fledged state – a guarantee of deliverance from the pain and the best prevention of recurrence.
The complex of exercises needs to be focused on the development of the weakened muscles of the particular person, therefore, should be selected only by a specialist.
Good results can be treated with traditional medicine.
Compresses, rubbing, lotions with natural components in the form of tinctures, ointments, decoctions helps to relieve pain, remove inflammation and swelling, improve blood circulation.
However, these tools can only complement the overall treatment dorsopathy, developed by doctor.
Take care of your spine need not wait for the moment when it is twisted in great pain.
Regular performance of simple exercises for strengthening back muscles is not only able to save the patient from manifestations of dorsopathy, but can significantly postpone the onset of old age, because we are young, yet flexible our body.