Give disability for osteoarthritis: as a group depends on the extent of the disease
How to get disability with arthritis, and what determines the group
Osteoarthritis is one of the most common diseases of the joints, is associated with loss of elasticity of cartilage. As a consequence of degenerative change and the slow destruction of the joints.
A disease occurs, usually as a result of ageing of the organism as a whole, the most characteristic of elderly and old age. But can meet and at the age of 30 years. Osteoarthritis is not an inflammatory character development may be a consequence of metabolic disorders, some systemic diseases, injuries and fractures, hereditary predisposition.
In case of arthrosis in advanced stages give the disability, but not always and not everyone, will understand what it depends on.
The notion of «limited activity»
Arthrosis is accompanied by many negative symptoms, including:
- discomfort and stiffness;
- the inability to perform certain movements and, as a consequence, to engage in certain activities;
- swelling of joints, reduction of productivity and human capacity in General.
All of this leads to restriction of vital activity – complete or partial loss of the ability to carry out normal for his age daily activities. In this regard, many patients with osteoarthritis are concerned with the question whether disability and how to get it.
Depending on the severity of the disease and the degree of its manifestation in the Russian legislation provided for the appointment of disability for those suffering from osteoarthritis. Thus we shall consider the following factors:
- can a person without the help of the people around him and special vehicles to move independently;
- whether he is able to care for themselves from the point of view of observance of sanitary standards, cooking food, buying food, etc.;
- whether he is able to perform the work for which he did before the outbreak;
- how man will have to change his usual way of life.
Who is eligible for the examination
Podiatrist Dikul: «the Penny product is No. 1 to restore the normal blood supply to the joints. Back and joints will be like in 18 years, enough time in the day to smear… Read more
Medical examination for the appointment of a particular disability group held the following categories of patients:
- patients with confirm diagnosis of osteoarthritis for more than three years, the disease should progress, and during this time physicians has to be recorded three or more cases of acute relapse of the disease;
- the illness progresses very quickly, there is a regular deterioration of the patient;
- in the presence of concomitant severe diseases acquired as a result of osteoarthritis;
- people who have been subjected to surgical intervention for the treatment of the disease;
- patients with mobility impairments.
The presence of only one factor, for example, acute pain – to not be a reason for assigning a disability group. This requires documentary proof (completion of special surveys) that the disease resulted in the restriction of human activity. To confirm the disability, usually necessary once a year.
The three stages of the disease
Arthritis joints has three degrees of progress and, accordingly, the impact on human life:
- The first stage has virtually no symptoms and not visible from the point of view of external changes of the body. About the presence of the disease may indicate a slight pain during exercise. However, at this stage are undergoing pathological changes of the fluid that fills the joints.
- The second stage – begins with the destruction of the joint, appear growths on the bone tissue. Pain is increasingly being felt, but still tolerable. Appears the crunch in the affected joints. For this stage already characterized by a disturbance of muscular functions.
- The third stage, the joint cartilage becomes very thin, on the bone, there are pockets of destruction. The patient has limited mobility, subluxations of the joints, change the axis of the limb.
As a rule, disability is entitled only to patients with severe osteoarthritis grade 3, because 1 and 2 degrees, a critical limitation of capacity is not observed.
How is expertise on disability?
For disability for the patient suffering from osteoarthritis, you must collect the confirmation ineffective (or not effective) treatment for a long time.
The first stage of the examination
To disability in our country quite difficult. In the first phase the doctor, who is the patient suffering from arthrosis of the third degree must write a referral for medical examination (examination for the presence of the disease) based on the collected patient documents and survey results:
- clinical blood and urine tests;
- the data obtained by ECG;
- a chest x-ray;
- x-rays of the affected joints in two projections, with osteoarthritis of the hip joints is provided as well the lumbar;
- the conclusion of orthopedist, therapist, neurologist and the surgeon observing the patient.
The medical Board examines the documents and the effectiveness (ineffectiveness) of the traversed course of therapy. Taking into account the objective condition of the patient, the intensity of the disease.
Motor functionality is determined according to one of the three possible degrees:
- slight limitation of motion of the joints due to osteoarthritis;
- a distinct crunch when movement of the joint, reducing its mobility may also increase in the surrounding muscles.
- functional changes of the joint, the critical reduction of the joint space, significant muscle swelling in the area of the affected joint.
The second and third stages of the examination
In the second stage the study of the social adaptation of the patient and his psycho-emotional state. Estimated self-sufficiency in providing the vital needs, the ability to move independently, to perform certain types of work. Also take into account the possibility of rehabilitation.
In the third stage, all obtained during the examination data are analyzed. Is determined by the extent to which a person needs assistance, then determines one of three possible groups of disability.
Criteria for group assignment.
The criteria for the assignment of the first group of disability:
- full or is incompatible with the ability to work and self-care loss of movement;
- the violation that led to the inability of patients to carry out any physical action without assistance.
Accordingly, the first group of disability is assigned to patients:
- with the third and fourth stage of arthrosis of the lower extremities;
- with the splicing of the articular ends of the joints of the lower extremities – ankylosis of the third stage;
- diagnosed with coxarthrosis of the hip joint stage 3;
- with gonarthrosis 3 degrees.
The criteria for the assignment of the second group of disability:
- partial loss of movement, perhaps the movement with the help of strangers or using special devices;
- shortening of any limbs at seven inches or more;
- the progressive nature of the disease.
The second group includes patients with the following diseases:
- arthrosis of the joints of the lower extremities of the third degree;
- ankles of large joints;
- osteoporosis 2-3 degrees;
- coxarthrosis 2-3 degrees;
- gonarthrosis 2 and 3 degrees.
The criteria for the assignment of the third group:
- there is a small reduction in the possibility of movement, characterized by time consuming actions compared with the execution speed of the actions of a healthy person;
- small and comparable with the independent functioning loss of ability to self-care in domestic matters;
- decreased performance or inability to perform a specific work.
The third group is assigned when:
- osteoporosis phase 2;
- gonarthrosis 2nd degree;
- coxarthrosis 2 degrees.
Disability payments in the Russian Federation as of 2017
- disabled since childhood of the 1st group, children with disabilities – 11445,68 $ /mo.;
- 1 group and the disabled from childhood of 2 groups – 9538,20 $ /mo.;
- 2 groups – 4769,09 $ /mo.;
- 3 groups – 4053,74 $ /mo.
- the disabled of the 1st group – 3137,60 RUB;
- 2 groups – 2240,70 RUB;
- 3 groups – 1793,70 RUB;
- children with disabilities – 2240,74 RUB.
To disability and payable for her cash grants from the state in case of arthrosis it is possible, although there are some difficulties associated with the collection of documents and confirmation of partial loss of capacity on the medical Board.
But do not forget that the treatment of artoroz in the early stages possible. Most importantly, pay attention to any negative manifestations in the body and prevent the progression of the disease to the stage at which the process of joint destruction becomes irreversible and requires outside assistance in connection with the limitation of physical activity.