Gouty arthritis: symptoms and treatment, lifestyle, diet
How to stop gouty arthritis, until he stopped you?
Disease of modern society – gout, belonging to the group of diseases of metabolism. The disease is characterized by prolonged and persistent course and can cause severe destructive processes in the joints.
Here is the first to mention the real enemy of mankind – gouty arthritis.
The essence of the disease
An inflammatory manifestation of gout or gouty arthritis develops in the process of accumulation of uric acid crystals in the joints, which subsequently has a devastating effect on periarticular tissue and hyaline cartilage.
If more detail, the range of pathological changes accompanying the progression of the disease sequentially involves:
- increase the amount of uric acid in the blood;
- the accumulation of its crystals in the joints;
- irritation, further damage to the structure of the joints and start the inflammatory process;
- the gradual development of the effects;
- the appearance of juxta-articular tumor-like growths.
Most often affects the toes, can suffer of the hand and fingers. Gouty arthritis knee, elbow and ankle is extremely rare, pelvic area and shoulders and the disease does not affect.
The causes and forms of disease
Podiatrist Dikul: «the Penny product is No. 1 to restore the normal blood supply to the joints. Back and joints will be like in 18 years, enough time in the day to smear… Read more
The reasons for the development of the disease until the end is not yet revealed. However, it is proved that the occurrence and course of disease significantly affects the hereditary factor, as well as metabolic processes in the body.
Among the clearly negative factors, a kind of trigger:
- sedentary lifestyle (provokes in the organism the development of stagnant phenomena of nature);
- obesity (slow metabolism);
- excessive consumption of alcoholic drinks, coffee, tea, chocolate (has a negative effect on metabolic processes);
- poor nutrition, namely the ingestion of large amounts of meat and meat products;
- systematic hypothermia of the extremities.
- medication (cytostatics, diuretics, etc.);
- the presence of comorbidities (renal, heart failure, hormonal imbalances, etc.).
Accordingly, a primary gouty arthritis is the result of a combination of the first five factors, and secondary due to the development of these diseases and some medications.
In addition to traditional acute and chronic forms of gouty arthritis there are also:
- Revmatoidnogo, which is characterized by its own duration. The inflammatory process develops in the area of wrist, metacarpophalangeal and interphalangeal joints.
- Pseudaplemonus that affects only one joint (large or medium). There are local or General reactions: swelling, redness of the skin in the area and outside of the joint, giperlakotsitos, fever.
- Subacute characterized by implicit clinical symptoms. The lesions are concentrated in the area of the big toe.
- Aesthetic, which is characterized by slight redness of the skin, no swelling, the average degree of tenderness of the affected area.
- Periarthritis. In this case, the inflammatory process extends to the Bursa and tendons, localized in a region of undamaged joints.
Symptoms of the disease
Developing a disease includes the following three stages:
- Latent (increases the content of lactic acid, salts accumulate in the field of bone and cartilage tissues and joint capsule). The symptoms often are absent.
- Acute, in which there are severe pain, inflamed joints and surrounding tissue.
- Chronic, characterized by long periods of remission.
The first symptoms of a gouty arthritis is acute.
- pain in the joint;
- redness of the skin;
- increased pain affected area during movement;
- the increase in body temperature.
After a few days of acute symptoms reduces its severity to almost complete disappearance of discomfort.
At this stage may experience the following symptoms:
- formation of tophi (subcutaneous tissue) in the area of the damaged joint, they are breaking through;
- increasing the duration of the period of exacerbation of the disease;
- the reduction of the intervals between the attacks;
- the destruction of the structure of hyaline cartilage and the development of chronic form of the disease.
At the last stage of arthritis the skin of patients of the joints becomes rough, dry, can cause itching.
The mobility of the limbs is largely limited to by reason of deformation of bone and cartilage and progression of osteoarthritis of the joints.
Diagnosis of the disease
The key point in the diagnosis of the disease is the detection of urate salts in the synovial fluid of the joints.
In addition, conducted biochemical analysis of blood and urine test to assess the amount of uric acid. Also the study may be the contents of a tophus.
In case of prolonged course of the disease is assigned to x-rays. If positive, in the picture there are bone defects, destruction of the cartilage the punches.
Treatment of gouty arthritis has several purposes:
- normalization of metabolism in the body of the patient;
- relief of acute forms of the disease;
- restoring the functionality of affected internal organs;
- treatment of chronic disease.
A set of measures for combating the disease in the first place, includes drug therapy:
- protivopodagricakih funds to manage pain and enhance the process of excretion of urate;
- NSAIDs (Diklak, Voltaren, Movalis etc.) in order to relieve swelling, inflammation and pain;
- corticosteroids (hydrocortisone) in the case of severe pain, are once in the affected area.
With the subsiding of the symptoms of the acute form is assigned to the basic therapy:
- colchicine (acute exacerbations);
- writeprint (to eliminate tophi and to normal synthesis of uric acid);
- anti-inflammatory immunomodulators (increase the efficiency of urinatepissing);
- uricosuric drugs (to speed up the process of excretion of uric acid);
- chelators (support liver function);
In the treatment of gouty arthritis not do without physiotherapy and mechanical procedures. In the period of exacerbation of the disease is appointed electrophoresis and ultraviolet irradiation.
In remission – mud baths, drinking mineral waters, radon and bromine tubs.
Taking into account the fact that one of the reasons for the development of the disease is improper diet, completely cure the disease without following some dietary rules is impossible.
The basic principle of diet for gouty arthritis– the exclusion from the diet of foods containing purines, as in the process of their processing in the body large quantities of uric acid.
- drink plenty of mineral water, green tea (2-4 liters – daily rate);
- eat fractional and often;
- eliminate the intake of alcoholic beverages;
- consume no more than 150-170 grams of meat, fish or poultry per day;
- forget about the seafood, fatty fish and organ meats;
- lean on dairy products, fruits, vegetables, whole grains, lean fish, fruits and herbal teas.
The way of life of the patient
In order to effectively treat the patient should pay close attention to your weight. In the case of its increase, you need to deal with them.
Follow a diet, spending more time in the fresh air often visit a bathhouse (sauna), take regular exercise and don’t forget about gymnastics.
- Mahi and circular rotation of the hands;
- flexion and extension of joints of the hands and feet;
- rotation of the fingers;
- lifting the feet (lying);
- the exercise «Bicycle».
Folk medicine to help
In parallel with the main therapy, you can help yourself and folk remedies:
- The broth of a peel of onions. A glass of peel pour a liter of boiling water and put it on the fire for ¼ hour, then strain and take ½ Cup several times a day.
- Chamomile salt. 2 tbsp. l. chamomile flowers pour a glass of boiling water and insist for 1.5 hours, then ½ Cup of mix with salt (1 Cup) and water (10 ml). Take bath morning and evening.
- RUB the affected area with salty bacon.
All complications that may come upon the patient, can be divided into three groups:
- the joint (development of a process of deformation of the joint);
- renal (the occurrence of urolithiasis and gouty kidneys, with consequent development of hypertension);
- other complications (formation of tophi in other tissues and organs).
Forecast in this case, in General, favorable. Among the unfavourable factors in the development of the disease:
- the age of 30;
- the presence of persistent hyperuricemia and hyperuricosuria;
- urolithiasis and urinary tract infection;
- nephropathy in advanced stage.
In 20-25% of cases develop clinical urolithiasis.
Fundamental preventive measures in the case of gouty arthritis are:
- maintaining a healthy lifestyle;
- the control of body weight (except for sharp jumps in weight);
- the increase in locomotor activity;
- regimen of work and rest;
Gouty arthritis is a very serious disease, which can lead, at first sight, trifling factors.
The emergence of the suspicion of the disease must necessarily be followed by timely diagnosis and treatment, otherwise the further course of the disease may lead to a final immobilization of the limbs.