How to fix stoleti at home: exercises, corset, massage, yoga
How to get rid of slouching and correct your posture at home
Correct posture is not only beautiful: she’s talking about the health of the spine, the absence of scoliosis. But even back there first enemy – the stoop.
This problem occurs in the early stages of human development: in childhood. Curvature of the spine at a Desk, then – in front of the TV or computer. A little growing up, young people often drop his shoulders, stooping, thus spoiling the posture and spine. Followed by a sedentary lifestyle, which finishes off your health posture.
So, slouching is a problem with the upper spine, is characterized by its curvature and often accompanied by scoliosis. Stoop (functional kyphosis) curvature of the spine without changes in the vertebrae themselves.
A healthy person has natural curves of the spine: thoracic, lumbar bulge and back – bulge forward.
If a person leads an active lifestyle and back muscles are strong enough, muscular system creates the ideal conditions to maintain the correct position of the spine.
If muscles are weak, the natural curves of the spine take an even more curved shape and exhibit all the signs of a stooped person: convex belly, rounded back with very prominent shoulders, lowered head and hunched shoulders.
The first manifestations stooped posture may be noted at school age and if not to proceed, then the initial stage (changes in muscles), can become changes in the spine: the discs are erased, squeezing the spinal nerves, which in turn leads to back pain, lower back pain, headaches, blurred vision.
Reasons back becomes stooped
The appearance of the stooped posture has a number of reasons, which can be divided into two types:
Physical curvature in the majority of cases occur due to the lack of habit to follow your posture and the maintenance of the poor lifestyle. Most commonly occurs because of:
- weakness of the dorsal and pectoral muscles, of neglect of physical exercise;
- wrong position of a body;
- sedentary lifestyle;
- overload with heavy clothes in the cold season (especially in children);
- microtrauma of the vertebrae;
- injuries and illnesses;
- lack of motion, active lifestyle.
But even if a person is healthy physically, but psychologically there are problems – it may be one of the main causes of slouching. Inferiority complex, guilt, lack of confidence in themselves and their abilities – that can lead to functional kyphosis.
The man who can not cope with the burden that fell on him, lowers his head and raises his shoulders, so trying to hide from the outside world, like a snail in the sink, could become a «victim» stoop and further scoliosis.
How to detect a breach themselves
Podiatrist Dikul: «the Penny product is No. 1 to restore the normal blood supply to the joints. Back and joints will be like in 18 years, enough time in the day to smear… Read more
For parents it is very important not to miss the initial stage of the appearance of the problem. Often adults can be attributed to the malaise in the child’s moodiness, simulation. In fact, even a slight discomfort can be a symptom of a developing stoop. One of the main symptoms is fatigue for a long time to sit or stand still for the child.
The stoop is always accompanied by painful sensations, which, unfortunately, is often attributed to fatigue and not take urgent measures to fix the problem.
So painful in the first stages are even after a short rest, but the longer you delay treatment, the more pain, the less it will help the rest. Maybe even after a night’s sleep people Wake up with back pain and lower back pain.
The most striking symptoms of stooped posture:
- the head is inclined forward;
- protrusion of stomach not controlled by man;
- the shoulder, apparently blubber;
- thorax narrowed;
- knees bent.
To distinguish stooping from kyphosis of the true possible in the home. For that person must be put at the wall and ask them to lean against the back of his head, heels, shoulder blades and buttocks. The same can be done on a flat surface in the supine position. If the distortion disappears, then kyphosis – functional (fixable) and needs to be treated.
In order to accurately diagnose stoop, techniques «by eye» is not enough. For the appointment of adequate treatment is necessary to make roentgenography of a backbone.
If this study does not give definitive answers, should undergo an MRI or a CT scan.
Only after diagnosis can you start treatment.
Offers traditional medicine
Conventional medicine after diagnosis can offer several options for correcting the curved posture:
- purpose of medicines and drugs which are rich in calcium;
- wearing a slimming corset;
- surgical treatment.
That offers alternative medicine
As for alternative medicine, here the main emphasis is on performing a series of exercises, the use of yoga asanas, regular practice of swimming, psychological trainings and, most importantly, discipline.
How to get rid of stoop: a set of exercises
The main rule of the beautiful posture – exercise in reasonable quantities, in order that the muscles could keep the spine in the correct position.
If so happened that once were used to slouch, you should start to fixing it, and the sooner you do it, the better.
To remedy the stoop proven themselves a variety of exercises to perform which can be not only in the presence of a coach or a doctor, but at home, on their own.
The most popular and effective:
- The bridge. One of the most effective methods of combating stoop is the gymnastic bridge. After this exercise, you need to be at the wall and firmly press to her shoulders, head and heels. In this position you need to stand 10-20 minutes a day (in several visits).
- The exercise to develop the muscles of the shoulders. For exercise, you must take the initial position: feet on width of shoulders, hands flung out to the sides. Jerky allot of hands as before. Perform 8-10 times. Next, make a «castle» behind. To do this, raise your right hand up and left down. Then right and left elbow bent as much as possible, to the palms of the hands behind the back «met». Hold hands in «castle». So, do a forward bend. Repeat this exercise 10 times on each hand.
- Exercise for strengthening the muscles of the neck. Strengthen the muscles of the neck will help is a simple exercise. Starting position: sitting on the floor. Legs bent at the knees. Hands grasp the feet. Put your head back, the blade needs to be as close to each other. Return to starting position. Repeat 6 times.
- Exercise for strengthening back muscles. Exercise «cat» will not only strengthen back muscles but will also increase flexibility in the body. Starting position: stand on all fours. Next, you need to bend like a cat, feeding the body forward and returning to the starting position. Repeat 10-15 times. To perform the exercise it is necessary slowly so that the muscles have received the maximum possible load.
- Push-UPS. Effectively helps to strengthen the muscles and bring the spine in a natural position push-UPS. To do this exercise only 10 times in order to the muscles of the arms and back were in good shape.
- Swimming on the floor. To achieve results with this exercise fairly quickly, especially if you run about 15 times a day. Starting position: lying on the floor. Lift the upper part of the body, arms out to the side and make a motion reminiscent of swimming in the pond. Descend. Rise again and «swim» three or four seconds.
Exercise with load
The most effective:
- One of the most popular and time tested exercise with books on his head. Take a big enough book, put it on his head. Then a few minutes (start with five) walk around the room with this burden. Every day complicate the exercise, adding squats, for example.
- To align your posture you can use a backpack in which the load is placed (it needs to stimulate the muscles but not overtax them). In this form it is necessary to walk a while (until you feel a slight fatigue). After regular performance of such exercises, the shoulders will themselves to straighten.
- Starting position: lying face down on the floor. Put the load on the shoulders (women 0.5 kg, men 2 kg). Extend hands over head and bring them another load. Raise your hands with a load of about 10 times. Do the exercise slowly, maximum straining muscles of the arms, back, neck.
Exercises against the stoop:
Yoga helps a person improve the entire body, so there are a number of asanas that help to fix the slouch:
- Salabhasana. Starting position: lying face down on the floor. The body is relaxed. First, lift the upper body with the hands (they are located along the body). For a few seconds freeze. After that raise your legs. The stomach during exercise is completely relaxed. Perform until fatigue.
- Ardha Of Bhujangasana. Starting position: lying on the floor (on the belly). Lift the enclosure and lean on your elbows, with forearms together as close as possible. The stomach and the side edges of the ribs lie on the floor, not looking up. Put your head as high up as possible, so she is buried. To perform the exercise until the first signs of fatigue.
The use of massage
For more effective treatment stoop, it is important to combine different methods. One of the components is massage. After the first session a person can feel significant relief: reduced spasm, strengthen the muscles, improve circulation, lymph drainage.
To begin one must take a comfortable position and relax as much as possible. Only then the therapist can begin to work. The arms and back are lubricated with massage oil.
Movement should be smooth and very soft. Special attention and accuracy should be areas of curvature.
The main movement while performing the massage:
- grablevsky finger movements;
Features lessons in the gym with a slouch
Physical training people need to do from a very early age.
Accustoming the child to the charge, parents not only care about his health, but also the development of self-discipline in the future.
If it so happened that the moment was lost and the stoop is already the place to be, to begin remedy urgently.
It is important to remember that when you exercise the important role played by the rules:
- training should be regular;
- if there are still some problems with the spine, be sure to consult your doctor who will indicate the exercises that are allowed to execute, based on restrictions on a state of health;
- in the first months after the start of implementation, training should take place daily, then after a day;
- all exercises are performed strictly according to the guidelines;
- duration from 40 minutes to 1.5 hours;
- any of the exercises performed 6-10 times;
- weights more than 5 kg for men and 3 kg for women cannot be used;
- it is highly recommended not to use exercises to strengthen the muscles of the breast;
- focus on strengthening the muscles of the back, neck, shoulders, buttocks – to maintain strong muscles and healthy posture.
Our children approach special
In order to solve the problem of stooped posture in children the approach needs to be special. Given the children’s activity and treatment should be peculiar:
- if parents notice the slouch in the earliest stages, is to talk with your child and teach him to play lying on the floor, so the back will not feel the load;
- to enroll a child in the pool is the best option correct posture;
- baby massage can help strengthen the muscles, increase blood circulation and lymph flow, which will improve the muscular corset and to prevent the development of stooped posture, or to fix it;
- be sure to ask the kindergarten or school, which table, a Desk sits a child is very important for maintaining proper posture;
- do not let the opportunity to spend much time the children spend on the computer;
- do not overload with heavy packs;
- teach your children to active recreation;
- morning exercise is one of the main rules and the guarantee of health for the whole family.
Than it is fraught?
The results of running stoop can be:
- displacement of intervertebral joints;
- shortness of breath;
- lower back pain;
- weakness in the legs;
- spinal hernia;
- the blood circulation;
- disorders of the cardiovascular system;
- neurological signs;
- disruption of the internal organs;
- a big belly;
- sagging Breasts;
- pain in the neck and shoulders;
- back pain;
- low growth;
- psychological problems.
Stoop – the problem is correctable. The earlier you confront it, the faster will be the process. At the first sign of problems is to start performing simple exercises that will ensure correction of the muscular system and improving the posture. The most important thing in achieving success is self-discipline.
Proper diet, morning exercise and an active lifestyle – the formula for healthy, beautiful person, confident in themselves and their abilities!