How to get rid of neck cracking when turning head causes, treatment
What to do if neck cracks when turning and tilting the head?
Sometimes a person being in good physical health, feeling the crunch in the neck when turning or tilting the head. In most cases, if this situation happened once, it is not dangerous to health.
In other crunch points to the development of serious diseases, such as degenerative disc disease. This occurs as a result of increasing impact forces on the joint, which counteract the muscle. They become a kind of obstacle for full movements.
In other words, muscles can be relaxed or is in a state of stress. With a sharp movement of the neck there is a specific sound. If the neck crunches much and it hurts, you need mandatory to visit a doctor who can provide expert assistance on the basis of special tests that will help correct diagnosis and, consequently, to develop an optimal treatment.
Causes and accompanying symptoms
The causes that provoke crunchy sounds in the neck, divided into two large groups:
- physiological characteristics;
- the development of certain diseases.
To anatomic features include the following:
- The intervertebral joints are characterized by high mobility due to the small mass of the human body.
- In athletes, there is such a feature, as dissociation was bending and unbending muscles. After appropriate warm-up crunchy sounds when moving the neck disappear by themselves.
- In infants this is due to imperfections of the cervical or because of lack of synovial fluid.
- Feature of an organism that is inherited. In medicine is called joint hypermobility. Often develops with Marfan syndrome. As a result of the disease in humans is disrupted correct production of collagen. In addition to the crunchy neck sounds occur in the spine and joints.
Frequent crunching in the cervical spine, accompanied by pain and discomfort, possible due to the development of certain diseases ODE:
- Osteochondrosis of the cervical spine. The development of this disease in the cervical spine occurs degenerative process that affects the metabolism. Causing begins to grow bone tissue, which causes the appearance of osteophytes that cause compression of major vessels and roots. As a result the person has a crunch and pain. Besides, I can start dizziness.
- Diseases such as lordosis, kyphosis, scoliosis and other curvature of the spine. Except for the crunch also appear specific clicks.
- The displacement of the vertebrae. The patient complains of pain, discomfort, tingling in the neck and upper extremities. All her symptoms dramatically worsen after intense exercise.
- Imbalance of calcium. If there is a surplus of this trace mineral in the joints, ligaments and bones. That is, the spine is too overloaded and starts to make crunching movements.
- Spondylosis in the cervical spine. The person grows bone tissue, joints become much more the norm. Intervertebral gaps are reduced and provoke friction. Most often this disease occurs in people of older age.
- Uncovertebral osteoarthritis. Primarily observed degeneration and depletion of the small intervertebral discs. For this reason, they begin to shift, is pinched nerves. The main symptom of this disease is crunching neck with her movements, with a sharp turn of the head or lifting weights. Vertigo, increased blood pressure, increased pain in the chest and there is neverlost gait.
- Dislocations. The person experiences a feeling of dull pain, which accompanies him even during sleep or rest. In addition, the neck much makes a lot of crunching when turning. There is a feeling of discomfort. If the patient for a long time does not move and remains in one position, the pain starts to grow even more.
Some of the features of clinical manifestations
Podiatrist Dikul: «the Penny product is No. 1 to restore the normal blood supply to the joints. Back and joints will be like in 18 years, enough time in the day to smear… Read more
There are many different diseases that can start with crunching in neck. Along with the clams almost always appear strong or moderate pain, which starts from the neck and moving to the upper limb. These symptoms indicate the development of such diseases as protrusion and disc herniation. A person feels numbness of the hands which gradually lose their sensitivity.
If low back pain develops, crisp sound appears in the blades. Developing inflammatory process which is accompanied by pain in the subscapular region.
In the presence of additional symptoms should consult a doctor and pass a comprehensive examination. Among the warning signs:
- pain in the neck or shoulders, which begins to give off or radiate to the upper limbs or neck;
- the spasm begins in the muscles that hinder the normal and natural movement of the head;
- numbness or reduced sensitivity on the skin;
- pallor of the skin;
In addition to these symptoms of dizziness, tinnitus and nausea. In rare cases, there are various disturbances in coordination and movements.
If you experience the slightest discomfort should be addressed to the therapist, neurologist, orthopedist or traumatologist. These doctors spetsializiruyutsya on the diseases of the spine and can properly assess the condition of the patient. For diagnostic use methods:
- the x-rays;
- magnetic resonance imaging (MRI);
- computed tomography (CT);
- ultrasonography (us).
These examinations help to assess the true picture of the disease, and on their basis will be optimal course of treatment, which can reduce or eliminate the pain and crunching in the cervical spine.
How is the treatment
Often, neck cracking that occurs at turns or head tilts sideways, spontaneously and without serious consequences.
The doctor must first conduct research and then develop an individual treatment plan. To get rid of the crunch in the neck helps the following set of activities:
- the appointment of special medicinal products;
- physiotherapy, which includes the course of electrophoresis, magnetic, wave, and laser therapy; acupuncture;
- massage neck area;
- therapeutic exercises;
- orthopedic corset is very effectively wearing it with hypermobility of the joints of the spine;
- the methods of traditional medicine.
If a person was diagnosed with hernia of the spine or severe displacement of the vertebrae, the doctor may prescribe surgery. But it is necessary only in cases of emergency.
Neck cracking as a physiological pathology, can be easily removed with daily exercise.
How dangerous is cervical «crunchies»
If the neck is cracked when you turn your head once, or clicks were repeated from time to time, but without feeling the pain and severe discomfort, it is unlikely this is a symptom of some serious diseases. But without attention do not leave this fact.
Crunch and pain when turning or tilting can increase, as well as to Express themselves more often. This suggests that a person begins to wear off the surface of the bones.
If not promptly seek qualified medical help, then you can start a disease. Consequently begin to develop diseases of the musculoskeletal system, which are almost impossible to treat.
Constant pain and popping sounds often provokes osteochondrosis of the cervical spine. A disease that cannot be treated — inactivity can lead to disability.
Warned and armed
To protect yourself from bad crunch in the neck when turning or tilting the head, you must first conduct a correct way of life. That is, to abandon the harmful habits and start eating only healthy food. You should eliminate all fatty foods, replacing it with protein meals.
The benefits of active sport and daily light exercises at home. You can start to use the pool, since swimming is very beneficial to the entire spine and relieves fatigue and stress in your back.