How to take calcium for osteoporosis?
The use of calcium for osteoporosis — select the best drugs and food
Straight posture, easy gait, flexible movement typical of people whose skeletal system is in order. If the joints lose their normal mobility, and aching sensations in the spine and shoulder blades annoy increasingly, the possible reason for such manifestation is the leaching of calcium from the bone structures, which occurs in osteoporosis.
Osteoporosis is a disease characterized by exhaustion or degeneration of bone tissue, which leads to high bone fragility, increased risk of fracture at the minimum load, the curvature of the limbs and reducing the height of the spine.
Bones, despite its unchanging and static, are actually living tissue that grows, feeds and is destroyed. Calcium is the major «building blocks» of all bones of the skeleton responsible for their rigidity.
With a lack of calcium in the diet or by poor absorption of the reduced density of bone structures.
Osteoporosis the process of bone formation is much slower than the process of destruction.
Elderly people having fractures of tubular bones and vertebral bodies usually remain bedridden and die within a few months.
Osteoporosis, among the causes of death, is in 4th place (according to who). Experts making disappointing forecasts: in 2050 the number of cases of osteoporosis will increase by three times.
Calcium — why you need the body?
Not only the bones need sufficient amounts of this substance. Calcium is actively involved in many vital processes in various organs and tissues in our body:
- Work of the heart. Cardiac muscle works without stopping the entire life. Rest for the heart is the relaxation phase. Calcium affects the fading of nerve impulses in the smooth muscle, causing the heart relaxes and rests for a while
- Calcium greatly accelerates the process of blood clotting. With a lack of calcium even minor bleeding long stop, leading to long healing of wounds and cuts.
- Calcium relaxes the skeletal muscles, by blocking the excessive irritation of the nerve endings (calcium supplements help to cope with the cramps)
- Insufficient amounts of calcium is one of the causes of male infertility. A healthy sperm has a solid education ahead of calcium, with which he pierces the shell of an egg.
- Calcium enhances the effect of antihistamines, stabilizing the state of the cells that produce histamine.
- In the Central nervous system calcium is responsible for the alternation of the processes of excitation and inhibition.
Daily allowance of calcium and deficiency in the body
Podiatrist Dikul: «the Penny product is No. 1 to restore the normal blood supply to the joints. Back and joints will be like in 18 years, enough time in the day to smear… Read more
For different categories of patients, there are different rules for this element:
- Pregnant women and nursing mothers should consume up to 2000 mg of calcium per day.
- During menopause a woman needs up to 1400 mg.
- Older people need 1,200 mg.
- Adults need 1000 mg.
- Adolescents should take up to 1200 mg.
- Children 4-10 years required dose is 800 mg.
- Children up to 3 years – 600 mg.
The observance of these norms of consumption of calcium from childhood to old age will prevent the occurrence of hyperostosis and osteoporosis.
Drugs calcium needed for the treatment of osteoporosis
For the successful absorption of calcium from the gastrointestinal tract requires the participation of certain vitamins (D, folic, ascorbic acid) and micronutrients (zinc, manganese, magnesium, boron).
The most effective compounds are calcium citrate and dicalcium phosphate. The best calcium supplements contain such active substances.
Well distributed in the body calcium carbonate, oyster calcium and calcium phosphate.
Calcium gluconate, despite its popularity among patients of different age groups, is considered the least digestible drug.
What drug are shown in each case, you should consult with your doctor.
Drugs with vitamin D: calcium D3 Forte, osteomag, natecal, альфаD3 TEVA
With the assistance of vitamin D the calcium content of the blood is greatly increased, which prevents its leaching and contributes to the accumulation in the bone structure. These drugs are contraindicated in the propensity to stone formation in a patient.
Calcitonin: miacalcic, calcetin, elastin
These drugs are highly stimulatory effect on bone formation, inhibit the activity of cells called osteoclasts (bone destroyers).
Estrogens: klimonorm, estrone, proginova, klimen,
Used women during menopause, to replace the missing hormones necessary for calcium absorption by bone structures.
Foods that contain calcium
Traditionally, the best supplier of calcium from natural foods is considered to be cheese, cheese, yoghurt, although in sesame seeds, spinach, almonds content of this mineral is much higher. The fact that only animal products contain vitamin D, contributing to a more complete absorption of calcium.
Meat, mackerel, herring, egg yolk are also sources of easily digestible calcium. Calcium levels can be increased with the help of soy products: tofu, soy pods, soy yogurt.
It is important to remember that the products containing calcium, can be used as a prophylactic agent used to prevent changes in the structure and density. In the case when the patient has the first signs of osteoporosis, it is necessary to assign complex treatment, which will include the food and pharmaceutical calcium pills, and a means of normalizing the metabolism of this mineral in the body.
Feeble old age, which occurs along with osteoporosis, you can happily avoid, if we remember from a young age about the main task of prevention of this terrible disease – to save and daily replenished so important for the whole body trace element is Calcium.
Another view of taking calcium for osteoporosis can have a look at this video: