How to treat acute and chronic tendinitis of the knee
The main symptoms and treatment of tendinitis of the knee
Ankle tendinitis is an inflammation that appears at the junction of bone and tendon.
The disease can occur in the joint regardless of sex or age, but often it affects people over 40 years of age; athletes; children and adolescents.
There are the following types of violations:
As a result of violations decreases the strength of the patellar tendon, which can happen it to break.
The cause of the inflammation
The causes of the disease:
- long a significant load on the joint;
- numerous trauma and microtrauma;
- rheumatoid disorders;
- allergies to drugs;
- features of the structure;
- the wearing of inappropriate footwear;
- incorrect posture;
- instability of the knee joint;
- the weakening of the immune system;
- age-related changes in the tendons;
- muscle imbalance;
- parasites in the body.
Depending on the cause of the disorder there are two types of violations:
Finding out the causes of deviations is Central to the treatment assignment.
- long use of glucocorticoids;
- renal failure;
The symptoms and signs of disease
Podiatrist Dikul: «the Penny product is No. 1 to restore the normal blood supply to the joints. Back and joints will be like in 18 years, enough time in the day to smear… Read more
Knee tendonitis has specific symptoms:
- sudden pain in the affected part;
- the pain of «weather»;
- deviations in the joint;
- enhanced sensitivity when probing;
- redness and swelling in the region of violation;
- creaking when moving the joints.
Typical signs are easily located during the inspection and by touching the site of attachment of ligaments to the joint.
The degree of development
There are 4 stages of disease:
- pain occur after major stress;
- paroxysmal pain occurs after exercise or activity;
- the pain can occur in the quiescent state;
- the development of disease the risk of rupture of the ligament.
For the purposes of treatment requires a diagnosis based on the causes and stages of a breach.
To diagnose are:
- laboratory tests;
- computer and magnetic imaging;
Proper examination allows to determine the stage of the violation, place of inflammation.
Why clicks or finger which can cause constrictive ligaments in children. For these and many other questions will be answered by our material.
How to treat tendonitis of the knee
The disease is treated using the following methods:
- physical therapy;
- folk ways;
- therapeutic exercises.
Violations 1 — 3 stages are treated conservatively. The first step is to remove pressure off the joint or even immobilize. To reduce the load on the knee, use crutches or a stick, and to immobilize the applied plaster or wear lagetko.
Used a combination of physiotherapy interventions and medications.
In case of unfavorable development of the breach operation is carried out.
For removing the load from the ligaments of the joint are used: taping;orthosis.
Orthoses are an effective remedy lesions of the knee and suitable to prevent damage to tendons when training, work in the garden.
At the last stage of irregularities in the tear of a tendon requires surgery for excision of the affected tissues, which is:
In the presence of build-up that causes a pinched ligament, its removal is performed arthroscopic.
If the bundle has cysts or any other changes, they are excised only by open surgery. The intervention is carried out also for stenosing tendinite.
If the disease is combined with suppuration, doing urgent incision with drainage of pus. The recovery period up to three months.
In chronic lesions is recommended massage.
Of the medications prescribed anti-inflammatory and analgesic non-steroidal drugs (naproxen and ibuprofen). Remedies reduce pain and inflammation, but does not lead to a cure. They can be prescribed by injection and ointments — externally.
Low effectiveness of these drugs to the site of inflammation are injected corticosteroids. If a strong inflammation in the case of infectious causes of disorders may be prescribed antibiotics.
Of physiotherapeutic methods of treatment are used:
- Magnetotherapy treatment;
Physical therapy helps in stretching and strengthening the muscles, which also restores the tendon after treatment.
Treatment of tendinitis of the knee joint popular ways is to relieve pain and inflammation in two ways — inside and outside.
To consumption in use:
- twice a day tea from 1 tsp of the composition of equal parts chopped roots of casalare and ginger;
- 0.5 g of curcumin a day, as a seasoning for food.
For external use:
- immobilization of the joint with a splint or securing bandage;
- rubbing ice continued for 15 minutes;
- ointment with Arnica to counteract inflammation and swelling to lubricate three times a day.
In the initial stages and chronic lesions such treatment will improve the condition, but prior to consult a doctor.
To prevent tendonitis should:
- before the sports activity to warm up the muscles;
- to perform a long monotonous exercises;
- when lifting heavy, bend your legs;
- to move smoothly;
- loads increased in stages;
- constantly change the load;
- time to relax.
As with any lesion, tendonitis is easier to prevent than to cure. In medicine today there are enough ways to cure the breach that lead to recovery if you follow all of the instructions of the expert.