How to treat gout on feet treatment and prevention
Gout is a disease of joints of legs, feet and hands that develops on the background of metabolic disorders and deposits of urate on the articular surfaces of bones. Higher prevalence of gout in the big toe.
This disease affects men and women of Mature age of forty years. How to treat gout on your feet, and what to do to prevent illness? This question is asked by many people who noticed the symptoms of this disease.
Causes of gout
Gout on feet can be primary, that is an independent disease hereditary nature, and secondary, i.e., due to manifestations of other diseases and misuse of drugs. The causes of gout toe and its manifestations in primary and secondary disease can be quite different.
Gout kidney do not have time to excrete uric acid, and it accumulates in the body.
Most often gout develops in the joints of the feet, gouty attacks striking large toes. Provoke an attack can large loads on the limbs, injury of joints, the use of alcohol or diuretics, surgery.
In gout of the feet, usually the attacks are during the day. The attack begins with sharp pain that increases rapidly. Then around the joints is observed swelling and redness of soft tissue, fever, General weakness appears. All these are signs of gout.
Manifestations of arthritic pain of the joints go through a week without medical intervention. The recurrence interval of the attacks varies from six months to several years. If not treat this disease of the joints, acute attacks are repeated more and more often. Gout observed criteria, such as injury and inflammation of soft tissue around the affected joint, numbness of the area of the legs due to pressure on the inflamed tissues located near the joint nerve endings.
Formed in a patient tophi (small subcutaneous knots) — it is also a sign of gout on the legs. They can occur next to elbows, heels, in the cartilage of the ears and internal organs. Sometimes the opening of tophi from them is a whitish cheesy substance. In the most severe cases on the area of skin above the inflamed joint is formed trophic ulcers, this fact exacerbates the occurrence and treatment of the disease.
With the development of the disease inhibits the action of the limbs, the patient difficult to move, there is a risk of fracture of the affected bone. Each new attack can lead to complication of the disease.
In the next phase the disease goes into the chronic stage. The joint is severely deformed, it’s hard to find shoes. At the same time there concomitant diseases: phlebitis, nephritis, atherosclerosis, urolithiasis, nervous system and eyes.
Methods of diagnosis and treatment
The disease is diagnosed in the presence of the following signs:
- when elevated levels of uric acid in the blood of a patient;
- the appearance of tophi (lumps);
- when radiography of acute arthritis;
- in the presence of urate crystals in the synovial cavity;
- upon discovery of the roentgen-negative stones in the renal pelvis.
In the presence of two symptoms from this list are diagnosed with gout. This disease is considered incurable, it is possible to speak only about the control of acute attacks. Therefore, it is better not to bring the joints to the breaking point, and this requires the prevention of disease.
Gout treatment should be carried out in the complex. This combination of cleansing nutrition, diet, herbal medicine, therapeutic baths, massages with drug therapy. Diet for gout on feet excludes foods with a high content of purines. First it’s beer, wine and red meat. Contraindicated beans and cauliflower, smoked and canned goods, salty cheeses, cakes and chocolates. Contraindicated the use of strong tea and coffee, sorrel, grapes and raspberries, figs, spices.
The allowed foods list is also impressive. So using imagination, you can put them quite full and tasty menu. Diet for gout on legs is based on the following list of products:
- vegetables allowed cucumber, zucchini and eggplant, carrots and potatoes, beets and cabbage;
- fruit of orange and Mandarin, green Apple and pear, melon & watermelon, peach & apricot, all berries;
- from dairy — kefir, yogurt, cottage cheese, low-fat sour cream and milk;
- lean meats — rabbit, chicken, Turkey no more than 3 times a week;
- boiled low-fat fish varieties, squid and shrimp no more than 3 times a week;
- cheese and cheese with low fat content;
- eggs, nuts, seeds, vegetable oil;
- from cereals — buckwheat, rice, millet, oatmeal, wheat, and flour products — pasta, bread;
- greens (except spinach) in small quantities;
- fruit, vegetable and berry juices, herbal teas with mint, Linden, rosehip.
To ease the disease to get rid of the extra pounds. It is better to eat often but in small portions, keeping to a diet.
Fasting days for gout
Sample menu day fasting with gout may be as follows:
- for Breakfast — 3 apples and 1 glass of kefir;
- lunch — 300 grams of cheese, 3 cucumber, 1 Cup fruit compote;
- afternoon snack — 2 apples, 2 slices of watermelon;
- on the first dinner — 200 g cottage cheese, 3 cucumber, 1 Apple;
- for the second dinner — 1 Cup of yogurt, 2 apples.
Very are beneficial for gout strawberries can be eaten up to 1 kg daily. In the cold season will be useful for drinking tea from dried strawberry, you can drink several glasses a day. It is recommended to drink tea from the peel of green Apple, which relieve the body of excess uric acid.
In the treatment of gout help fasting days Apple, cucumber, watermelon diet. One-two hungry days quickly relieve acute pain in gouty attacks. Diet for gout is based on increasing fluid intake to 2 liters per day.
Drug treatment of gout relieves pain and inflammation. Most often the doctor prescribes pills allopurinol, fulflex, colchicine. It helps effectively in therapy anti-inflammatory and analgesic cream fulflex.
Of physiotherapy funds for the treatment of gout on legs is used:
- lotions with a solution of Dimexidum in the period of exacerbation of the disease;
- an application of mud, paraffin, ozokerite in remissionis period;
- electrophoresis, magnets, balneotherapy.
If the question is how to treat the disease in lesions of multiple joints, then doctors have to resort to antibiotics and drugs that reduce blood uric acid.
How to cure the disease folk remedies: compresses and decoctions
Traditional medicine provides invaluable assistance in the treatment of symptoms of this insidious disease. Effectively treated the disease by using urine therapy. Also, the healers suggest the use of compresses, decoctions and tinctures.
When urine therapy is used daily baths for patients feet with urine. Compresses made from honey and salt, taken 1 tablespoon, this mixture is spread on a gauze and put on the sore spot. Effective in the treatment of disease appliqué on the affected joint is red clay mixed with two tablespoons of wine vinegar.
Infusions of the most effective believe the infusion of leaves of bilberry. For its preparation brew in 1 Cup boiling water 2 tablespoons of leaves and infused for a quarter of an hour. The next day prepare a new infusion of cranberries. Folk healers the best remedies for gout do not know. Similarly, prepare a decoction of black currant leaves.
And here is another recipe of herbal tea for gout: mix 20 g of burdock roots, grass Veronica, flowers of violets, the roots of Wheatgrass, grind. Half of the resulting mixture pour 1 liter of boiling water and infuse for a quarter of an hour. To drink every day 3 cups, starting to take the decoction on an empty stomach in the morning.
Traditional methods: rubbing and baths
Suitable for grinding the following recipes:
- infuse in 5 parts vodka 1 part red mushroom for five days, then strain and RUB into the affected area;
- to insist 2 weeks in a container made of dark glass in 1 liter of vodka a glass of dried bees, drain and RUB into the patient’s joint;
- the affected limb processing animal fat, wrap a linen cloth soaked in the infusion, cover the foot with plastic wrap, to wrap woolen scarf.
Good for gout herbal bath of sage leaves and chamomile flowers. Effective way of treatment is soar feet in the decoction of oat straw or in solution from a piece of soap and half a pack of salt. Usually relief of the disease begins after 4-5 treatments, if the disease is not far advanced. Otherwise, it may require 20 to 40 treatments. Important note: after each 20 procedures is necessary to interrupt the treatment for 3 weeks.
There are simple home methods for relieving an acute attack of gout. For example, dissolve 5 aspirin tablets in 1 tablespoon of iodine to the mixture to process for the night the patient’s joint.
Well help to remove the attack from the foot bath of 3 liters of water with 9 drops of iodine and 3 teaspoons of baking soda. Not less effective and helps a handful of tablets of activated charcoal, ground in a coffee grinder and mixed it with a spoon of Flaxseed oil. This means on the night grease the limb, wrapped with cellophane and the top with a warm scarf. In the morning after waking up comes with considerable relief, the pain recedes.