Humeroscapular periarthrosis — what are the symptoms and treatment strategies?
The symptoms and treatment of shoulder periarthritis
The human shoulder joint has great range of motion.
Its structure is very different from other joints: it has no glenoid cavity, the head of the humerus is very large, and the surface of the blade is flat and small.
Due to this construction, the head easily moves on this small surface.
Free movements of the joint by helping the muscles at the end of which are located in the tendons and the articular capsule is wide.
Scapulohumeral periarthrosis (periarthritis, capsulitis) is an inflammatory disease of the tendons of the shoulder and the shoulder joint capsule.
This inflammatory process does not touch the cartilage of the joint and the joint itself.
How to replace the popular ointment Fastum gel — read the link
Symptoms and signs of frozen shoulder periarthrosis
The first symptoms of the disease appear gradually, without attracting due attention from the patient. But over time, the pain, the shoulder turn becomes harder to do, and then refers people to the doctor.
- The main signs of the disease
- Pain in the shoulder joint, which are aggravated while working or raising his hands up.
- The pain begin to disturb the night.
- Most often the disease occurs in right-handed persons the right side, lefties on the left side.
- Limited to the radius of abstraction hands to the side and back.
- Over time, may develop stiffness of the joint.The pain increases when the patient tries to raise his hand, and the doctor at this time, want a hand to fix.
- Touching the shoulder hand also painful.
- Gradually, in the absence of treatment nagging pain turns into a gnawing or Swersey pain.
But the pain in the shoulder joint does not appear alone. It is always combined with a headache, pain in the shoulder, neck, hand, numb fingers, that is, on the face of all signs of osteochondrosis.
The causes of frozen shoulder periarthrosis
Podiatrist Dikul: «the Penny product is No. 1 to restore the normal blood supply to the joints. Back and joints will be like in 18 years, enough time in the day to smear… Read more
The causes of frozen shoulder periarthrosis to date have not yet been clarified. But most experts in this field referred to the following factors:
- Injuries of the shoulder joint
- Uneven tension of muscles of the shoulder girdle during heavy work
- Herniated discs of the cervical
- Hereditary factor
- The metabolic
- Osteochondrosis of the cervical and thoracic spine.
- In women, the disease can begin during menopause
- But in most cases is a long and unusual activities for the shoulder joints: painting, ball toss and more.
- Pain makes itself felt immediately, and after 2-7 days after exercise.
- Left shoulder may begin after myocardial infarction.
- Right shoulder may be a consequence of liver disease.
- In women the disease can occur after removal of the breast.
The characteristic appearance of the patient: he always keeps the patient’s arm bent at the elbow and hugs it to his chest. The same disease often affects both men and women.
Diagnosis of frozen shoulder periarthrosis
Turning to the doctor, plan patient examination and used the following diagnostic tools:
- The x-rays. In the pictures you can clearly see the deposition of crystals of calcium above the shoulder joint and in the attachment of the tendons to the bones.
- MRI or CT scan
- In the analysis of blood elevated erythrocyte sedimentation rate and C-reactive protein.
- Palpation of shoulder soreness.
It is necessary to exclude thrombosis of the veins of the hands, swelling, trauma, cervical vertebrae, shingles, shoulder dislocation, and infectious arthritis.
For confirmation of the diagnosis possible to conduct a simple test: if acute pain does not allow you to swing your arm behind your back and you can’t comb the hair of her arm, it humeroscapular periarthrosis.
The treatment of shoulder periarthritis long and complex. To medical and physiotherapeutic methods, you need to connect Spa treatment, physiotherapy, herbal medicine and nontraditional methods of treatment folk remedies.
The treatment of this disease requires the patient, patience, diligence and consistency.
On how to treat the disease depends on the progress of the disease, or the rapid getting rid of it.
First removing the cause of the disease:
- The displacement of the vertebrae is chiropractic.
- When blood circulation in the shoulder in the result of breast surgery or myocardial infarction prescribed therapy, improving blood circulation.
- When liver disease is assigned diet and enzymatic means.
For the treatment of tendons of the shoulder in the acute period prescribed non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs: Ketoprofen, diclofenac, indomethacin, NIMULID, meloxicam and their analogues.
In the periarticular region injected hormones diprose, flosteron, metipred
With the unbearable pain in a synovial bag or in the region of the tendon injected with a mixture of anesthetic hormone
In the joint area apply compresses with bischofite or Dimexidum (in the acute period of the disease bishofit is not used).
As well as a complex of measures:
- Physical therapy
- Laser therapy
- Electrophoresis with painkillers
- 5-7 sessions of hirudotherapy (if not allergic)
- Sulfide or radon baths.
- In the absence of Allergy applied apitherapy
- Massage course
- Paraffin baths
- Nonsteroidal ointments and creams
One of the important conditions in the acute period of the disease is to provide rest for hand and shoulder joint. But the absolute immobilization of the joint will lead to stiffness. Need to make a hand movement, limiting the load on the joint.
Two to three hours before bedtime, you need to wear a support collar which will relieve neck and take the brunt of the head.
When flippant attitude to the disease periarthrosis transformirovalsya in ankylosing periarthritis, can begin deltoid muscle atrophy or osteoporosis of the humeral head.
Prevention of periarthrosis
To prevent deterioration, it is useful to do simple physical exercises. They are very simple, but they need to do every day, feeling little pain. Through severe pain should not deal with.
- I. p.: lying on the healthy side. With his good hand to take his wrist the patient’s hand and have her head. Hold this position for a few seconds, trying to increase the range of motion, overcoming the tension of muscles.
- I. p.; standing. To hold the rubber bandage. Feet to stand in the middle of the bandage and the ends of the bandage are of equal length to clamp into fists. Dilute hand in hand and slow it down. Another option: to raise the hands in front of you. Elbows do not bend. Each exercise is to do at least 15 times.
A set of exercises you can expand, change, add new ones, but the main thing is not to stop training. Targeted exercises will eliminate pain and transform your figure.
The disease can last for months, causing the patient a lot of physical and mental suffering. And without specialized and timely treatment can lead to disability of the patient.