Inflammation of the hip joint: symptoms, treatment, prevention
Causes, symptoms and treatment of inflammation of the hip joint
Inflammation of the hip joint is a common disease that affects the musculoskeletal system in General, often seen in older people, although in recent years increasingly diagnosed in patients at younger ages and even in children.
Pathology treated conservatively, but may require and surgery.
Why inflammation develops
The development of the inflammatory process in joints may be due to the following factors:
- previously transferred infectious diseases or chronic character;
- allergic reaction;
- the disorder of food;
- a metabolic process;
Inflammation of the hip joints can be caused by many diseases:
- Arthritis TZB – common disease. The risk group includes the older generation, it often happens that the pathology seen in people after 60. During the symptoms can be observed in the groin and down to knee. The movement is usually difficult, especially while lifting from a seated position, it is noted a sharp pain.
- Osteoarthritis — a common disease among people who are in the age group from 45 to 60 years. Often to identify at an early stage of the disease is possible only in medical terms, as it tends to be hidden.
- Trochanteric bursitis bags – pathology, in which in the external part appears discomfort (pain syndrome). Lying on the affected side is impossible, in this case, the symptoms intensifies. The disease is always accompanied by the development of inflammation in the TZB.
- Tendinosis is the pathology that affects the tendon. Considered a disease of athletes and people with intense physical exertion. The disease is manifested by inflammation and pain, which may be absent at rest.
- Infectious arthritis is accompanied by fever, swelling and pain. Symptoms are exacerbated if the disease was provoked by other pathologies and in parallel, developing viral influenza, Staphylococcus and more.
- Tuberculous arthritis is accompanied by inflammation, pain and limitation of motion of the affected joint. Symptom can spread to the nearby region, until the knee. In addition, the affected area often swells.
- Also, a fairly common cause of inflammation of the hip joint are hereditary diseases, including a syndrome, Legg calve of pertusa. The tendency to the disease have little boys. Most often the main symptom of inflammation and painful syndrome that appears only on one side of the body, in severe form it may appear simultaneously from two sides, which happens very rarely.
In addition to the above diseases, inflammation of the hip joint may be associated with other pathologies.
Quite common the appearance of inflammation due to tumors in the bone and muscle tissue.
The intensity and type of pain can vary depending on the nature of the tumor.
The nature of the clinical picture
Podiatrist Dikul: «the Penny product is No. 1 to restore the normal blood supply to the joints. Back and joints will be like in 18 years, enough time in the day to smear… Read more
- painful syndrome of different severity, while driving or in the evening soreness decreases after exercise, the pain increases;
- swelling in the affected joint;
- redness and swelling of the hip joint;
- in the morning, observed the articular stiffness;
- in the area of tendons is the pain and aching.
Why and how does the violation of children
Despite the fact that inflammation of the hip joint is considered a problem of adults, are increasingly violation is observed in children. Precipitating causes may include the following factors:
- viral or inflammatory diseases;
- injury to the tendons;
- excessive strain on the tendons and joints (when lifting heavy objects and during running);
- the reason why perform a stressful situation.
The most common cause of inflammation is tuberculous coxitis of hip joint. The localization of the main source is in the internal organs, particularly the lungs. Gradually the spread of bacteria throughout the body with blood flow. Often pathology provokes inflammation in the head or neck of the femur.
Because of these processes, the joint begins to break down, and in its cavities the pus builds up, further resulting in sinter abscesses or fistulas.
Inflammation of the hip joint in a child is manifested painful symptoms in the form:
- sharp pain in the affected joint;
- may develop lymphocytosis;
- increases in blood levels of ESR;
- low-grade fever lasts for a long time;
- sustained tuberculin test.
In the absence of proper treatment after a few years of painful syndrome may disappear, but instead appears dislocated hip, wearing pathological.
If the area of the hip joint with the left or right side there is soreness, it requires
mandatory consultation with a specialist. To ask for help to a neurologist, rheumatologist, trauma surgeon or physiotherapist. First and foremost, the specialist performs an assessment and determines the cause, which is responsible for the appearance of the syndrome.
Diagnosis is performed in the supine position of the patient by palpation of the lower extremities:
- if there is dislocation or fracture, there is the fallacy of the position of the limb is parallel to the axis of the body;
- damage to the pelvic area indicate pain with movement.
In addition, diagnosis in the supine position may reveal the lack of movement at the movable joint. This may manifest in muscle tension, clicks and POPs.
The specialist to make a differential diagnosis as the reasons for the appearance of inflammation and pain quite a lot. In order to identify, performs laboratory and instrumental examinations: radiography, computed tomography, Doppler, angiography and other techniques.
Sometimes appropriate General, immunological, bacteriological and biochemical analysis of blood.
Complete recovery from inflammation of the hip joint is impossible, but you can relieve the pain during a flare-up. The occurrence of seizures controlled with diet. It also requires the use of drugs that inhibit the formation of uric acid. Required, and anti-inflammatory drugs.
In extreme instances, surgical treatment if conservative therapy does not give significant results. Specialists can recommend and methods of folk medicine, in particular ointments, compresses and baths on the basis of medicinal herbs.
The selection of treatment methods depends on numerous factors — from the severity of symptoms, the extent of the inflammatory process, the reasons causing the pathological processes and others. For example, gout diet important, a reactive form of arthritis requires the use of antibiotics in tuberculosis, the best option would be the use of specialized equipment in the clinic.
General principles of conservative treatment involve the following activities:
- to limit of joint mobility imposed a tight bandage, the result is reduced load and reduced exudation;
- used non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (injections and ointments);
- apply painkillers, they are indispensable in acute forms of arthritis;
- chondroprotectors is also appointed, they are responsible for the intake of the structural elements of cartilage, which contribute to the restoration of the joint;
- appointed muscle relaxants, and diuretics;
- as a means of therapy used massage, it is recommended in chronic inflammatory processes, it improves the nutrition of tissues, displays products of pathological metabolism and accelerates the regeneration process;
- the required minimum physical activity;
- if necessary, use auxiliary means to facilitate movement;
- you must control the weight through a special diet;
- the use of vitamin and mineral complexes, including food and drugs;
- applicable surgery, the most effective is joint replacement.
In addition, experts recommend:
- to reduce the load on the joint;
- to balance the emotional state;
- sleep on healthy side.
Treatment in each case is selected individually.
If the hip joint inflammation triggered by arthritis, experts prescribe nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs. If they are ineffective, the use of glucocorticoid hormones.
In acute purulent disease which was the cause of the inflammation, requiring surgery. Held puncture, in which are introduced antiseptics or antibiotics into the joint cavity.
If this method is inefficient, that is flowing or long active drainage of the joint.
The result time has not stopped the inflammatory process can be serious consequences.
Violation of locomotor function over time, assuming permanent form.
To prevent the disease following preventive measures:
- timely treatment of articular pathologies;
- in the cold season it is necessary to monitor body temperature, hypothermia adversely affects the health in General;
- you need to consume more fluids;
- to use only healthy food (building materials for joints and other things);
- eliminate alcohol and tobacco.
Overall, a serious approach to health in youth will help avoid many problems in old age.