Left and right scoliosis of the lumbar
Peculiarities of treatment of scoliosis of the lumbar spine
Scoliosis of the lumbar spine occurs quite often.
In most cases the disease is diagnosed in people who are overweight, are not active enough way of life or doing sedentary work.
It is worth considering that when the first and second stage of the disease posture can be corrected through conservative methods of treatment, whereas at later stages need surgical intervention.
Therefore, the appearance of pain in the lumbar region, it is recommended to consult a doctor.
What can cause pathology
To the development of lumbar scoliosis can lead to prolonged static loads, sedentary lifestyle, use of properly designed furniture.
Risk factors is as follows:
- obesity or extra weight;
- flat feet or clubfoot;
- the lack of physical stress on the back and the abdominal wall;
- congenital abnormalities in the development of muscles and bones;
- systemic rheumatoid and tuberculous disorders in the body.
Classification of the disease
Podiatrist Dikul: «the Penny product is No. 1 to restore the normal blood supply to the joints. Back and joints will be like in 18 years, enough time in the day to smear… Read more
The direction of curvature of the primary arc there are several types of scoliosis, lumbar in particular, left -, right -, and S-shaped.
In addition, the lumbar scoliosis is commonly classified according to the degree of development of the disease:
- Pathology 1 degree almost impossible to notice. It is diagnosed exclusively during the inspection orthopedist-traumatologist, or by using radiography.
- With 2 degrees you can see a small asymmetry of the triangle waist, and deviation from the midline of the processes of the lower back. On the convex side of the curvature of the formed roll.
- Pathology grade 3 is characterized by a clear bias and offset of the pelvis to the side. If the disease progresses further, enhanced by a natural protrusion of the spine. Can also form the lumbar kyphosis and thoracic lordosis.
The symptoms of the disease depending on the stage
To diagnose lumbar scoliosis will help these symptoms:
- Distortion of the pelvis, the asymmetric localization of the head, the slumped shoulders, the wrong structure of triangles of waist. Such manifestations are characteristic for the disease in the first degree.
- The asymmetry of the contours of the body, the development of the vertebral hump, a strong shift of the blades. These signs accompany a curvature of the second degree.
- Severe deformity of the chest, the divergence of the blades, severe muscle roller. Such manifestations are characteristic for the deformation of the third and fourth degree.
When bending the cushion body becomes more obvious.
If the disease does not provoke the infringement of nerve endings, the pain syndrome is absent.
As a rule, people at this stage rarely turn for help to the doctor. Only at the onset of lumbago in the lower back the person visits the specialist, however, to cope with this disease completely at this stage is impossible.
Also, the disease is accompanied by neurological manifestations.
Depending on the problems with physical activity occurs four types of violations:
- Hypermobile variant with functional disorders and intervertebral arthrosis. With the development of such disease along the spinal column there are pain, most often happens in the morning after sleep.
In this case, the discomfort appears at the beginning of the movement, but this reduces after a long walk. Also, it can grow under static loads, accompanied by stiffness in the joints and spine snap during movement of the body. Scoliosis, which is accompanied by hypermobile syndrome, is characterized by gradual development. However, he always causes vertebral syndrome, which manifests as local pain towards the spine. Movement confined to the district portion of the patient.
- Organic hypermobile syndrome. This disease is characterized by myopically, which is spastic contraction of muscle tissue in the area of injury. Local increased tone of skeletal muscles develops in the area of intervertebral arthrosis. When feeling tense muscle man feels pain. If you run periartikuliarnah palpation of the tissues around the joints, it is possible to detect swelling. This form of the disease accompanied by organic lesions of the vertebrae – injury to the bodies or handles, the loss of spine stability.
- Hypomobility functional variant. This kind of disease is typical for people with degenerative processes in the spine. This can be a reduction of calcium or pathological processes that are accompanied by deposition of its salts. With the development of degenerative disorders increases the pressure in the intervertebral discs. They protrude and put pressure on the soft tissue. Because of irritation of receptors of the ligaments, develop muscular-tonic responses.
- Organic hypomobility syndrome. This form of disease appears on a background of pathologies, which are accompanied by decreased mobility of the functional parts of the spine. At the time of diagnosis, patients are able to identify not only the lateral curvature of the waist, but the increase of the symptoms of lordosis, which is accompanied by the formation of kyphoscoliosis.
The location and extent of disease can be detected only by a doctor. For confirmation of the diagnosis is carried out x-ray examination of the spine.
In some cases, as additional methods are used the CT or MRI.
Treatment of the disease
To treat scoliosis of the lumbar maximally effective, it must be comprehensive.
The main objectives of treatment is to restore the functions of the spine and minimize pain. To do this, in the scheme of therapy include:
The choice of exercises for the treatment of disease should be treated with caution!
Curvature of the spine causing pinching of the nerve roots, which causes strengthening of pain. Therefore, therapy should be individualized depending on patient characteristics.
The video presents effective exercises for scoliosis of the lumbar spine:
Approaches to the procedure of extension can be different. In General, it contributes to the intervertebral discs. But it sometimes provokes excessive stretching of the ligaments and muscle tissue, which leads to tears and cracks.
Corethrogyne is in the development of scoliosis. This procedure fails to stop the progression of the strain and eliminate muscle tension.
It is not used for a long time, otherwise the muscles may lose its functionality.
Surgery extreme treatment method
In advanced cases it is impossible to do without surgical intervention. Operations can be simultaneous or staged. In the first case, installation of metal structures is performed in one step. Thanks to such devices it is possible to maintain a normal body position.
Staged intervention is to install pins for a few procedures. First, you need to repair organic damage, and then to introduce into the spine of the metal pins.
As an additional means of treatment used traditional recipes:
- Grind 1 kg of aspen bark, add 3 liters of boiling water and cook for 5-7 minutes. Strained decoction added to the bath. The procedure is done daily for 20 minutes.
- Add 0.5 kg of chamomile flowers in 6 l of boiling water and boil for 5-7 minutes. Strain through cheesecloth and pour the broth into the bath. It should take 20 minutes.
- 25 g of sea salt dissolved in 1 liter of warm water. Moisten bandage in the resulting solution and applied to the problematic section.
Complications and consequences
The negative effects of lumbar scoliosis include the following:
- frequent urination;
- constipation and flatulence;
- the weakening of the muscle belly;
- swelling of the lower extremities;
- stagnation in the area of small pelvis, kidneys, stomach.
Sometimes a complication of scoliosis getting osteoporosis, which is a deficit of calcium in bone tissue.
However, the most serious consequence of the disease is compression of the spinal cord, resulting in complete paralysis of the limbs.
To prevent the development of scoliosis, it is necessary to engage in the prevention of this disease:
- At the stage of pregnancy, a woman should drink folic acid and vitamin B12. This will prevent congenital abnormalities of the spine in a newborn.
- Not to try to plant baby’s first year of life earlier than prescribed by doctors period.
- To provide the child the correct position at the table, to see that he was wearing the backpack on both shoulders.
- Observe the correct mode of work and rest: avoid prolonged work at the computer or sit behind a Desk.
- Eat right and take vitamins. This is especially important for young children, which should be sufficient to obtain vitamin D.
- Every day physical exercise.
- Go swimming or volleyball – these sports have a positive impact on the condition of the spine.
- Time to treat the bad posture and other diseases.
Lumbar scoliosis is a serious disease that can lead to negative health effects. To avoid this, it is recommended to promptly contact their doctor who will conduct a thorough diagnosis and prescribe treatment.