Lump on tailbone in men and women: coccygeal cyst and other reasons why you receive the seal
What to do if there was a bump coccyx and unbearable pain?
The coccyx is a vestigial 4-5 fused vertebrae of the lower spine of the person.
This formation appears in the process of evolution, from nakulapita, on other tailless primates and humans.
By itself, the coccyx is nothing like a vestigial tail, but the features that it carries are not vestigial:
- to the front divisions of the coccyx are attached to ligaments and muscles involved in the work of the genitourinary system, of the large intestine (the distal his);
- to the coccyx attached muscle bundles gluteus Maximus muscles which are extensors of the thigh;
- is the fulcrum: when a person makes the move back, the burden is on the coccyx.
The coccyx is a pyramid, whose apex is directed downward and forward, and the ground – up. From the base of the tailbone moving away of the upper articular processes (of the coccygeal horn) that connecting with the sacral horns, form the Sacro-coccygeal joint. The mobility division is more pronounced in women: during childbirth to enlarge the birth canal the coccyx can «go» back.
A lump at the coccyx is a reason to go to the doctor as it may indicate various pathologies that occur in the human body, and, in some cases, very serious.
Lump quite a long time may not be felt, but that’s no reason to forget about it after a lull, it can be felt very severe manifestations.
The reasons for which «swells» the coccyx
The reasons why the coccyx may receive lump:
- Hematoma. Once transferred a nasty fall at the «soft spot» that can appear lump on the tailbone, which is nothing more than a hematoma. Here it is necessary to calculate the losses: if the hematoma is small and she held herself, as if she’s imposing a mandatory trip to the doctor followed by autopsy, as such hematomas can often occur suppuration, and often the liquid is released.
- Boil. It can appear as a result of hypothermia, shaving the hair in this part of the body, non-observance of rules of personal hygiene. In any case, to not squeeze the boil! Then apply dry heat, Ichthyol ointment and physiological procedures.
- Epithelial coccygeal cyst – a congenital disorder, is laid in the period of embryonic development. At this time, the coccyx appears narrow channel (open or closed) with epithelial tissue. Such a cyst are often prone to suppuration. In some cases, it opened itself to the outside, which facilitates the human condition, and sometimes it opened into the rectum, with the formation of a fistula. If such a process does not occur, it is necessary surgery, as the suppuration of the cyst provoke pain in the coccyx, the increase in body temperature to 39 degrees.
- Osteomyelitis – bone disorders, manifested as elevation in the region of the coccyx.
- Presanella a teratoma – a congenital disorder, a tumor, which is half of the newborns will not survive.
- Spina bifida – congenital pathology of the nature of the hernia SAC filled with cerebrospinal fluid.
Podiatrist Dikul: «the Penny product is No. 1 to restore the normal blood supply to the joints. Back and joints will be like in 18 years, enough time in the day to smear… Read more
The appearance of bumps on the coccyx in women is of the same nature as men, the reasons are similar in many ways (spina bifida, osteomyelitis, cyst, furuncle, haematoma), with the only exception that is often the outgrowth can appear during pregnancy due to high load on the lumbar and the coccyx. Otherwise, the bumps on the coccyx in women occur on the order of less than men.
In men the most commonly a lump at the coccyx occurs as a result of various diseases, but mostly it’s a cyst. She laid still during embryonic development and heredity plays here not last role.
Quite a long time, the cyst doesn’t, so the doctor treated only after it occurs the obstruction of the excretory duct and start to appear dull pain and suppuration.
At the first signs you must see a doctor-proctologist, who will prescribe adequate treatment.
And related symptoms
A growth on the coccyx, which was the result of an injury may be characterized by next symptoms:
- pain during bowel movements;
- pain during physical exertion;
- pain after injury;
- symptoms can be felt a long time after injury.
Bump, arose at the turn of the tailbone will make itself felt such symptoms:
- pain during sexual intercourse;
- burning in the coccyx;
- pain with movement of the pelvis.
Coccyx cyst has the following symptoms:
- education epithelial moves;
- the increase in body temperature to 39 degrees.
Osteomyelitis is manifested by the following features:
- tenderness to palpation of the affected area;
- pain when walking, squatting, sitting, bending;
- the formation of sinus tracts:
- purulent discharge from sinus tracts;
- the skin around the fistula swelling.
The symptoms of spina bifida:
- diseases of the genital organs;
- soreness of the rectum;
- spasms of the muscles of the gluteal region;
- renal disease;
- purulent discharge in the event of severe inflammation;
- the seal in the area of inflammation;
- the increase in body temperature;
- disorders sex, urination, defecation, sleep disturbance.
The boil and its symptoms:
- the emergence of the coccyx painful seal with purulent pin;
- pain on palpation.
Presanella teratoma is diagnosed during pregnancy through a hardware diagnostics — ultrasound either immediately after the appearance of a baby into the world. A tumor in the sacrococcygeal Department can range from 1 to 30 centimeters.
In some cases, the tumor exceeds the size of the child. A teratoma is accompanied by the concomitant symptoms:
- intrauterine heart failure;
- naimona dropsy of the fetus;
- difficulty urinating;
- skeletal anomalies;
- malformations of the lower GI tract;
- atresia of the urethra.
Staging correct diagnosis is an important task
In order to avoid complications, medical attention is necessary immediately after there was the slightest hint of a problem with the tailbone. Early diagnosis will help to put the correct diagnosis and by prompt treatment to avoid negative consequences.
First, the doctor orders x-ray examination, which will confirm or rule out a fracture of the coccyx. If none is detected, is assigned to the following inspection – ultrasonic.
In the most difficult situations is applied MRI. This method is primary as it allows you to determine the condition of the bone, soft tissue, nerve fibers, spinal cord and blood vessels running through the coccyx.
Treatment bumps that sprang up in the coccyx depends on its causes.
The presence of hematoma
Treatment of coccyx injury immediately after the injury lies in the imposition of cold on the injured area. Hot baths, physical activity is strictly contraindicated.
In turn, it is important to comply with bed rest. Also the hematoma can be treated by rubbing ointments: Indovazin, Lioton, Fastum gel, etc.
Treatment of boils
The boil in the initial stage is treated with the use of UV lamp, anti-inflammatory external means, Vishnevsky ointment, or Ichthyol (contribute to early aging and opening of the abscess). If at this stage to go to the doctor, it will accelerate the process, with the further opening of the abscess and treatment with antiseptics.
Further treatment will be exclusively in the change of dressings with the use of antiseptic (Furatsilin, Hargensen) and anti-bacterial ointments (Levomekol, Sintomitsinovoy).
If the ulcer had revealed himself, the place is treated with hydrogen peroxide followed by the imposition of bandages with Levomecol ointment until full recovery. If the boil is started to the stage of abscess or cellulitis, the problem is solved exclusively by surgery with bandaging.
What if I popped a cyst
Treatment of cysts of the people’s and drugs are almost never produce the desired result, any medical specialist will prescribe surgery, after which the person will completely forget about the existence of this problem.
Operation is simple and the result is guaranteed. To remove the cyst the doctor makes an incision, and then removes accumulated pus.
Followed the post-operative period, during which the patient must follow the doctor’s recommendations:
- prohibited from lifting heavy objects;
- prohibited sitting and lying on back for three weeks;
- after removing the stitches are prohibited access to the pool, the sea;
- six months is prohibited depilation operated;
- regularly should visit the doctor.
With regard to folk methods of treatment are applied:
- lotions with calendula tincture (in solution wetted the cloth and overlaid on affected area), the application time of 3-4 hours, the procedure is repeated 6-7 times;
- tar compresses: mix 1 big spoon of tar, and 2 large spoons of butter, mix well and use as a compress before bed;
- on the affected area to put the toothpaste with extracts of conifers, stand 2-3 minutes and rinse.
Osteomyelitis of the coccyx
Treatment of osteomyelitis of the coccyx involves applying the tools of conservative and operative methods:
- dissection moves (fistulous);
- the purpose of the adjuvants;
- resection of the coccyx;
- antibacterial therapy;
- sequestrectomy (the periosteum is preserved);
The definition of the tumor occurs due to the ultrasound and the contents of it deleted by perinatal puncture.
If the tumor was not removed in the womb, the fetus is extracted through cesarean section, then immediately remove the education, along with part of the coccyx.
In the case of the presence of malignant cells receive chemotherapy or radiation therapy.
The most frequently coccygeal hernia are treated conservatively: the appointment of anti-inflammatory drugs (steroidal and nonsteroidal). Such tablets, injections, blockades reduce inflammation of the body and improve overall condition.
The second method of treatment is physical therapy. In this case, ultrasound, magnetotherapy, electrophoresis.
Physiotherapy also plays an important role, because thanks to specially selected exercises produces endorphins, strengthens most of the muscles of the pelvis. Not infrequently the use of manual therapy in the form of a traction traction. Surgical intervention is rarely used.
What is the danger?
It would seem that such a minor manifestation as a lump at the coccyx does not portend anything bad. In fact, some injuries may occur education, which lead to changes of the spinal column.
The bumps, which are accompanied by suppuration, and still more dangerous as the pus getting into the blood, can lead to sepsis, and this, in turn, to death.
Running a benign cyst can also develop into malignant disease, to get rid of that will be more difficult and more dangerous.
In order to prevent
To prevent the formation of growths in the coccyx should:
- observe the rules of personal hygiene;
- to get rid of excess weight;
- wear loose clothing that does not hinders the movement;
- lead an active lifestyle.