Mouse articular of the knee: causes, symptoms, treatment
Articular mouse — how to stop the rodent knee joint?
The knee joint is quite vulnerable as it is experiencing tremendous stress, and frequent mechanical impact due to injuries. Even during the game the child often breaks the knees than other parts of the body.
In connection with the presented aspects of a person begin to disturb knee pain that intensifies when walking, and quite suddenly may disappear.
The cause of such intermittent pain is articular mouse. What is this «rodent» and how to fight it?
The drift of the fragment in the knee
Articular mouse called the shard, which smoothly moves in the knee joint. The shard is a broken piece of cartilage, bone, meniscus or synovial membrane or hardened fibrin clot.
Particle periodically clings to the articular surface that causes pain.
Mouse dimensions can be different: from small particles in the form of rice to large fragments that do not have separate forms.
Experts say the appearance of one fragment, although they have seen and quite rare cases with up to 7 particles simultaneously in the same joint.
Of the disease not to be feared, articular mouse knee joint is a relatively easy therapy, it is important to timely start appropriate treatment by contacting the clinic at the first pain.
The mechanism of formation of rodent
Podiatrist Dikul: «the Penny product is No. 1 to restore the normal blood supply to the joints. Back and joints will be like in 18 years, enough time in the day to smear… Read more
In addition to the mentioned causes of fragments in the form of bruises, joint mouse may appear in such diseases as:
- deforming arthrosis;
- the disease Koenig;
- hemarthrosis – accumulation in the knee joint the blood, caused by a knee injury.
In the presence of these diseases in the process of inflammation of the knee joint is the exclusion of particles, leading to formation of a mixed bony-cartilaginous capsule, which is characterized by free movement.
It is a small clot of fibrin, with further connective tissue, resulting in the shard, the composition reminiscent of the bone tissue.
The causes of the disease
One of the causes of mouse articular in the knee joint include inflammatory processes, which entail the appearance of fibrin.
In addition to the knee injury, we can distinguish the following reasons for the formation of the mouse:
- Any foot injury – dislocation or fracture – can lead to sudden stretching of muscles or tendons, resulting in separation of the particles.
- Hard physical labour, leading to chondromatosis (disease Koenig). During the frequent physical activity and carrying heavy loads occur microtrauma of the femur. The result is malnutrition, resulting in the start of degenerative processes.
In the knee joint the bone has a rounded shape (called the epiphysis), which during the described changes dies and eventually disappears into the joint cavity.
To prevent the formation of the articular mouse, the person should protect themselves from frequent physical activity and to monitor the condition of the joints.
How to identify a mouse?
Joint mouse may be a long time to show any discomfort, so the resulting fibrin can reach impressive sizes.
A chipped bone particle because of its originally dense and hard structure may result in pain in the first days after formation.
If symptoms persist, the patient should immediately consult a doctor, especially if there are inflammatory processes of the knee or leg injury.
The symptoms of synovial mouse:
- A person does not feel typical symptoms of articular manifestations of the mouse, if the splinter hid in the area of inversion of the synovial membrane. In this case, the definition of availability is only through probing a specialist in the area of the knee joint.
- Severe pain with partial «immobilization» can be observed if the fragment was blocked the whole joint. The pain is intermittent, appears when changing the position of the body, the legs or walking. Unexpected manifestation may suddenly disappear by changing position.
- Locking of the knee eventually leads to swelling and inflammation of the knee and leg. Such frequent blocking threat complete «immobilization» of your own, because there is damage to the cartilage, which resulted in the articulation of the joint begin to ache and freeze.
- After the injury of the person can torment a long and nagging knee pain that occurs periodically. These symptoms are written off to injury, sprain, and other stuff. It is careless attitude leads to unpleasant consequences, because such pain «body signals» about begun the process of chipping. Thus, the separated particle can for a long time to hold on to cartilage or bone.
To identify this pathology, the doctor should conduct a thorough examination, detailed explanation about the symptoms and carry out appropriate diagnosis.
For any submitted forms, please contact the physician and describe in detail your symptoms. It is precisely the ability to determine the cause of the pain.
Diagnosis your doctor is always accompanied by the results of the survey.
Often a patient is sent for x-rays, the which will help to identify the cause of pain and to confirm the hypothesis of a specialist.
But the may not detect the presence of the fragment in the knee joint. This is because the mouse joint because of its structure is insensitive to x-rays.
In this case, the specialist will send the patient for an examination using ultrasound or computed tomography.
All surveys may not be necessary if the fragment is quite large and it can be felt on palpation. To detect the fragment and the patient, fixing the leg in a certain position or movement.
Treatment only operative
Often joint mouse may appear sharp and severe pain in the knee at the most unexpected and inopportune moment.
If people can not step on the foot, it is necessary to call an ambulance or to get to a hospital.
Before sending to the clinic secure the patient’s foot with an elastic bandage so that it remains stationary. Can also use a special pad or the usual bandage, placing it on the lock (stick, Board).
Elimination of mouse articular conservative way, the treatment folk remedies is impossible.
No medication will not help in the resorption of bone, cartilage, or of a clot of fibrin.
Treatment is only operable way, through which the fragment will be removed.
The operation can take place in various ways depending on the location and size of the shard. Thus, there are two ways to remove the articular mouse:
- Arthroscopy – removal of chipped particles is produced by introducing the instruments into the knee through two holes. One of them introduce an optical device, which displays the image on the screen. Through the second hole remove the joint mouse. Surgery is performed under local or spinal anesthesia. Recovery takes a few days.
- Traditional surgery involves a General anaesthetic and opening the knee joint by incision of the soft tissues. Recovery after surgery may take more than two weeks. In particularly severe cases — up to several months.
Not to bring the situation to a long-term recovery, experts strongly recommend to contact them for help at the first signs of pain symptoms.
Complications of delayed intervention
In case of untimely surgical intervention removal of the articular mouse, man risks to gain the immobility of the limb for life.
So, a large shard will shatter the cartilage and bone tissue, resulting in knee joint will lose its former mobility due to the violation of all metabolic processes containing tissue nutrition.
Such changes can lead to a condition of the constant aching pain, varying from severe pain shock at the slightest movement of the legs.
Do not delay your visit to the doctor. If the attending physician «prescribe» further treatment in the form of surgical intervention, agree immediately.
Articular mouse even after removal can occur again if the cause was not trauma to the leg or knee joint.
The pieces can be formed in inflammatory processes, the treatment of which after the operation should be strengthened, by receiving appropriate medication.