Myositis of the chest: treatment of folk and traditional media
The symptoms and treatment of myositis of the chest
Myositis of the chest – pathology of the muscular system, which is inflammatory in nature.
For this disorder characterized by marked pain in the muscles and surrounding tissues, and the appearance in them of solid seals.
According to statistics, this disease is most common in women older than 50 years.
To avoid the development of dangerous complications, when the first signs of the disease should consult a doctor.
The role of muscles in human physiology
Muscles help a person to move, maintain the vertical position of the body participate in the breathing process. Some muscles work only from time to time.
These include the biceps and triceps and shoulder muscles. Sometimes functioning in the bicep and then the forearm bends. In other cases, strained triceps while the biceps is at rest. In other situations, both muscles are in a relaxed state.
The muscles that are responsible for the maintenance of the vertical position of the torso, never rest completely.
Some bundles of muscle tissue can relax for some time. The muscles involved in the breathing process, also run continuously.
If part of the muscle goes down, the person experiences serious discomfort. Due to hypothermia or traumatic injury there is often a myositis of the muscles of the chest.
This disease is the development of the pathological inflammatory process, which significantly degrades the quality of human life.
Podiatrist Dikul: «the Penny product is No. 1 to restore the normal blood supply to the joints. Back and joints will be like in 18 years, enough time in the day to smear… Read more
To the development of myositis of the chest can lead to a variety of factors:
- viral and infectious disorders;
- autoimmune disease;
- poisoning by toxic substances;
- parasitic infection;
- constant tension of the chest muscles;
- pathology of the joints – arthritis, scoliosis, rheumatism, osteochondrosis;
- traumatic injuries;
- disease, provoking the defeat of the connective tissue;
- local infection.
The myositis of the chest more vulnerable people, whose professional activity requires a long stay in an uncomfortable position. These include violinists, pianists, drivers, office workers.
What types of disease are
A pathological condition can occur in two main forms – acute and chronic.
So, for acute disorder characterized by marked pain in the chest. If time does not begin treatment, the disease will become chronic.
In this case, the person is not experiencing severe pain. Usually the discomfort is a result of the impact of negative factors – hypothermia or prolonged stay in an uncomfortable position.
From the point of view of localization myositis of the chest may manifest itself on both the left and the right.
In addition, in clinical practice there are two types of pathology:
- Polymyositis. Such violation affects multiple muscle groups. In this case the person there is a constant muscle weakness, whereas expressed pain slightly.
- Dermatomyositis. The exact cause of development of this disorder is not known. It is believed that this type of myositis can be associated with hereditary predisposition or a virus spread in the body. Dermatomyositis is characterized by skin lesions and swelling of the eyelids.
Myositis also can have the following forms:
- acute purulent– usually associated with infection by streptococci, staphylococci, anaerobic microorganisms;
- infectious– this form of disease occurs due to the development of infectious diseases;
- autoimmune is the result of a pathology of an autoimmune nature;
- parasitic – is considered to be the result of toxic-allergic processes in the muscular system;
- ossificans is the result of traumatic injuries, bruises, and sprains;
- intercostals – during the development of this form of violation affects the intercostal muscles.
As the disease appears
In most cases, myositis of the chest is manifested in muscular pain, aching, and often they are aggravated by motion.
In some cases, palpation can identify tight knots.
If the person has an open wound it can get infected. In this case there is purulent myositis, which is characterized by increased body temperature, chills, and manifestations of intoxication.
And the pain gradually increases, the pectoral muscles swell and thicken. In addition, redness of the skin.
Acute myositis of the chest occurring immediately after exposure to precipitating factors – infection, trauma, muscle strain.
Chronic process develops gradually with infection or in the absence of treatment of acute myositis.
In order to identify myositis of the chest, conducted instrumental and laboratory diagnostics.
The hallmark of this disease is the high activity of muscle enzymes.
That is why people with myositis the blood tests are specific antibody.
One of the most accurate diagnostic tests is electromyography. During this procedure it is possible to identify lesions of the neuromuscular system.
Also, this procedure is used to evaluate the effectiveness of prescribed treatment.
To put the final diagnosis may be made with a muscle biopsy.
This study performed a differential diagnosis, which can detect dermatomyositis, polymyositis, and myositis with inclusions.
Treatment start is not worth it
In the early stages of treatment of the myositis of the chest is quite simply and effectively.
In this pathology it is impossible to perform physical exercise as there is a risk of spasm of the muscles and cause increased pain.
Any methodology should be carried out under the guidance of a qualified physician. Specialist can prescribe medicinal drugs, physiotherapy, and even surgery.
Traditional methods of treatment
Therapy of this disease is to eliminate infectious agent in combination with specific exercises.
It is recommended to determine the causes and form of the disease will affect the treatment strategy.
So, when infectious myositis is recommended to use antibiotics, whereas parasitic form of the disease being treated with Anthelmintics.
In any case, you need to use painkillers and anti-inflammatories.
As a rule, for the treatment of myositis use such anti-inflammatory drugs like Nurofen, Ketonal or diclofenac. They can be administered orally or parenterally.
In case of localized myositis good result will be achieved with the help of warming ointments – finalgon or apizartron.
These drugs have an irritating effect, help reduce stress and improve the trophism of muscles. All these properties allow a significant reduction of pain syndrome.
In the case of the acute form of disease the person needs to stay in bed, because the affected muscles need rest. If the body temperature rises, you need to use antipyretic drugs.
Purulent myositis should contact the surgeon. In such situations, you need to open the source of infection, to remove the purulent content. Then need to put a draining bandage.
Physiotherapy is a unique way to relieve pain
Very useful for disease treatment physiotherapy, massage, physiotherapy.
Quite effective these procedures:
- tissue neuroadaptation;
- applied kinesiology.
An excellent means for the treatment of myositis are apitherapy, which is the use of bee stings, and hirudotherapy is the use of leeches.
By getting into the sore muscle of biologically active substances able to eliminate the pain and swelling and to cope with blood stasis, strengthen immune system and improve General condition.
We are what we eat
Of great importance in the treatment of myositis has a special diet.
To increase the effectiveness of treatment, you must:
- to refuse alcoholic beverages;
- to limit the amount smoked, spicy, salty, fatty foods;
- to include in the menu sprouted grain rye, oats, wheat, barley;
- every day to eat apples;
- eat foods with a high content of b vitamins – liver, peas, corn, oats, etc.
It is also possible to treat myositis chest folk remedies:
- To relieve pain it is recommended to use lard in combination with dried horsetail. These products should be rubbed in the affected area.
- To eliminate the pain syndrome you can also apply a mixture of soap and cabbage. No less effective means will become and Laurel oil which should be mixed with warm water and use for compresses.
- Another painkiller in myositis may be the potatoes. It should be boiled in the skin, and then applied to the affected area.
- To eliminate inflammation suitable burdock leaves, which are also used in a compress.
Many of these techniques help in the treatment of cervical myositis and myositis of the back muscles.
If time does not begin treatment of myositis of the chest, in the inflammatory process can engage new muscle. The pathology often extends to the larynx, throat, esophagus.
As a result, the person experiences difficulties when swallowing, coughing. If the pathological process will involve the respiratory muscles, it is fraught with occurrence of dyspnea.
As the progression of the disease can occur complete muscle atrophy.
Also with the development of violations of deposited calcium salts. They congregate in large numbers, causing a person a large amount of discomfort.
How not to let the disease into my life?
To prevent the development of pathology, it is necessary to avoid hypothermia, extreme temperatures, high physical exertion, traumatic injuries, prolonged stay in an uncomfortable position.
It is very important to treat viral infection, to monitor the posture, exercise, take a cool shower.
Myositis of the chest is a serious disease that can progress. If time does not begin treatment, you may see atrophy of the muscle tissue, which will last a lifetime.
Because it is so important to consult a doctor at an early stage of development of pathology.