Nutrition for gout of the feet as the key to successful treatment
Gout is the proverbial «protruding bone» on his feet, which so often affects patients of both sexes and different age groups. The disease spares no one. The other name of the disease is gouty arthritis. This is a specific inflammatory disease of the joints that occurs due to the delay in the blood uric acid. Salts of this acid tend to accumulate in the joints. These salt build-up and cause of the inflammatory process.
Healthy lifestyle and proper nutrition for gout of the foot — the key to successful treatment and one of the main methods of prevention of disease.
The basic principles of nutrition
Contrary to popular belief, men suffer from gout more often than women. This is because they no longer abuse alcohol. What bad habits (alcohol and nicotine) are one of the predisposing factors of the occurrence of gout of the feet. If you suffer from this disease, we must first give up Smoking and drinking.
Another risk group includes people who suffer from excess weight. In this case, diet for gout on the feet should be aimed at reducing the body weight of the patient. Keep in mind that too rapid weight loss can cause exacerbation of the disease.
The importance of diet. There should be small portions 4-5 times a day. Not recommended starvation or overeating. Need to pay attention to the water-salt balance. The patient is shown to be a reasonable restriction of salt intake, but to limit yourself to a drink is not worth it. You need to drink about 2 liters of fluid per day, and in the period of exacerbation, its amount should be increased to 3 l Is of great importance that you drink. Discard strong sweet tea in favor of green without sugar. This drink has diuretic properties, is rich in antioxidants and promotes weight loss.
A useful decoction of herbs that have strong anti-inflammatory properties. Instead of tea you can drink a decoction of chamomile or calendula, rosehip, Linden, branches currant or raspberry. A pleasant taste to this drink will add a spoon of lime or any other med. You can also drink alkaline or brackish water without gas.
What you can and cannot eat with gout
First of all, you need to limit the intake of protein and fat. Absolutely contraindicated eat fatty meats and mushrooms. Possible moderate consumption (2-3 times a week) lean meat, poultry, rabbit, and lean beef. Cannot be used for cooking first courses with meat and mushroom broth. Not recommended also the consumption of offal: liver, lungs, kidneys, etc.
Food for gout completely eliminates the use of sharp cheeses, meat and smoked fish, canned food and caviar, hot sauces (including mayonnaise) and spices. Should abandon the use of legumes: peas, beans, soybeans, corn, lentils.
Diet for gout should avoid foods containing oxalic acid: rhubarb and spinach, raspberries, strawberries, blackberries, oranges, mangoes and bananas, black currants, pomegranates, gooseberries and apples. The undisputed leader in the content of this acid among vegetables are tomatoes, radishes, eggplant, and pumpkin.
The best diet for gout — vegetarian Scripture. It includes vegetable and fruit dishes. The preference for boiled, steamed or baked vegetables, but sometimes you can pamper yourself and fried in vegetable oil dishes. Suitable vegetable purees, soups, stews, etc.
Milk and dairy products can be eaten without restriction. Are allowed to eat 1 egg a day regardless of the method of its preparation. Not more often than 1-2 times a week, you can prepare 150-200 grams of cooked lean meat or fish. If you really want meat, it perfectly replaces seafood: shrimp, squid, octopus, and other crustaceans.
You can eat cereal and pasta as water and milk. Milk it is better to dilute with water 1:2. If you are a big fan of sweet, I can afford nesekretnye candy, honey or jam, dried fruits, meringue or jelly.
Diet for gout is no limit in the consumption of bread, however, is to abandon baking. Buns, cakes, and other luxuries.
Sample menu for a week
- Breakfast: 1 boiled egg, salad with Apple and beets, broth hips with honey;
- lunch: potato soup, wheat porridge, jelly from the berries;
- snack: a glass of Apple juice;
- dinner: pancakes steam, 100 g of boiled chicken, salad of cucumber and greens;
- before bed: a glass of kefir.
- Breakfast: omelette with 1 egg, salad of cucumber and tomato, green tea;
- lunch: vegetable soup, rice porridge with apples, stewed fruit;
- afternoon tea: bread stick and green tea;
- dinner: baked cheese cakes with sour cream;
- before bed: a glass of sour milk.
- Breakfast: carrot pudding, buckwheat porridge with milk;
- lunch: hash with mineral water with sour cream, salad from fresh vegetables;
- snack: fruit salad;
- dinner: potato casserole with sour cream and herbs, vegetable salad;
- before bed: Cup of broth hips.
- Breakfast: salad with quail eggs and seafood, tea with lemon;
- lunch: chicken Patty, steamed, vegetable salad and fruit compote;
- afternoon snack: a glass of sour milk and rye gingerbread;
- dinner: mashed potatoes, 150 g boiled Pollock;
- before bed: Cup of chamomile tea.
A fasting day. Drink per day 1 liter of yogurt or low-fat yogurt.
- Breakfast: 1 boiled egg 50 g of low fat cheese, tea from the leaves of currant;
- lunch: beetroot soup, seafood salad;
- snack: fruit juice;
- dinner: pasta with chicken, green tea with lemon;
- before bed: a glass of drinking yoghurt.
- Breakfast: cottage cheese with sour cream, tea;
- lunch: milk soup with homemade noodles;
- snack: fruit salad;
- dinner: vegetable soup, cutlet fish steam;
- before bed: a glass compote of dried fruits.
Reviews followers of this diet suggests that the first results you will notice after 1-2 weeks. If you constantly eat right, then gout on feet passes into a stage of steady remission.