Osteoarthritis of the joints of the foot: causes, symptoms, treatment, pictures, pathology
How to prevent and what to treat osteoarthritis of the foot?
Diseases of joints always gives a person the pain and suffering. It is especially difficult for a person with diseases of the joints of the legs and feet.
Every movement while walking causes pain, and delayed treatment can provoke partial immobility of the person until the disability.
Osteoarthritis of the foot is one of such dangerous diseases, which treatment should take place immediately, before the irreversible consequences.
The concept and characteristics of
The foot has many different small joints, which are in the process of human life has a maximum load.
Osteoarthritis of the foot is premature degenerative changes of the cartilage of the joints that often occurs in middle-aged people.
However, through the modern rhythm of life, as well as the proliferation in the sale of low-quality shoes presented by the disease affects many young people, where most of the patients are women.
That girls prefer to wear high heel shoes, even more than «load» already fragile joints of the foot.
Osteoarthritis is dangerous to its development. In case of untimely intervention in the treatment of the disease damaged areas of cartilage begin to accumulate at salt of calcium the formation of collagen.
This leads to deformation of the joints of the foot and immobility, which contributes to loss of motor activity. As a result, people can rightfully consider themselves disabled. This is easily avoided if you consult a doctor at the very first manifestations of pain in the joints of the foot.
The reasons for the development of the disease
Podiatrist Dikul: «the Penny product is No. 1 to restore the normal blood supply to the joints. Back and joints will be like in 18 years, enough time in the day to smear… Read more
Among the reasons for the development of osteoarthritis of the joints of the foot are:
- injuries, sprains and fractures, which were previously goes untreated;
- increased load on the foot – prolonged standing or sport activities (Jogging);
- various metabolic disorders – excess or deficiency of certain beneficial trace element;
- various endocrine diseases – diabetes, an increase or decrease in the thyroid gland, predisposition deposits of calcium salts in the joints;
- poor blood circulation – foot and toes are always cold;
- weight, resulting in the legs have an additional burden;
- flat feet and other foot deformities and arch;
- the exercise, which involved the joints of the foot – athletics, gymnastics, dancing, and other varieties;
- long stay in the narrow and uncomfortable shoes.
At risk, of course, includes people aged 40 years. But despite age-related changes in cartilage tissue, the people themselves provoke the development of such joint diseases neglect their health.
A significant role of levity in the manifestation of pain in the joints, which disappears after a short rest.
The degree of development of pathology
There are 4 degrees of development of osteoarthritis of the foot, each of which is characterized by their symptoms:
- First degree is characterized by questionable radiological signs – specialist in precision cannot determine how serious the destruction. The patient usually feels discomfort after prolonged stress on your feet. Sometimes pain gives way to pain when moving.
- Second degree already diagnose the development of osteophytes, which leads to narrowing of the joint space. Here the pain occurs every time the motion in all affected joints.
- Third degree describes significant decrease of the joint space, resulting in the characteristic crunch of the joints during movements.
- The fourth degree is characterized by a complete disappearance of the joint space. The person experiences pain, you can visually detect the beginning of the inflammatory process, palpation observed increase in skin temperature.
Contact the doctor at the first stage of the disease, until they began to form osteophytes – bony growths that lead to the irreversibility of the process.
All treatment will be aimed at stopping partial reduction of formation of osteophytes. To completely get rid of bony growths hard.
Diagnosis — goals and methods
As the diagnosis of the patient enough to pass x-ray examination.
X-ray allows the technician to determine the degree of development of the disease, making fully depends on further examination.
Treatment of osteoarthritis of the foot should be under the scrutiny of a doctor.
If you have applied already at the stage of severe pain symptoms, the specialist will prescribe medication where there will be the reception of such medicines as:
- Nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs or analgesics, which quickly eliminates pain syndrome, which greatly ease the suffering.
- Chondro – drugs that affect cartilage positive impact, restoring it.
In addition to conservative methods of treatment include such methods in the treatment of osteoarthritis, such as:
- therapeutic foot massage that is carried out only specialist, subsequently continues to the patients;
- physiotherapy electrophoresis, ultrasound, magnetic therapy;
- exercise as physical therapy, is also carried out only under the supervision of an appropriate specialist;
- various bath, which uses drugs to eliminate inflammation;
- as the treatment should abandon uncomfortable shoes and change her orthopedic;
- for some relief recommended medicine.
If conservative treatment is not helping, doctors the doctors decide on the surgery to remove the osteophytes.
Remember that at the initial stage of all treatment can be reduced to common actions and recommendations designed to prevent osteoarthritis of the foot. In other cases, conservative treatment may lead to surgical intervention.
As prophylaxis, the patient is recommended to change your lifestyle. Here it is necessary to lose weight, abandon uncomfortable shoes, in an extreme case, at least to make use of orthopedic insoles.
Changes must occur in the diet. So, to people inclined or already cured the disease is to eat fruits and vegetables that are rich in vitamins, and hence, is able to nourish the damaged ligaments – this will help prevent destruction.
Take care of your health and contact a doctor for help at the first signs of the disease.