Pain in hip joint when walking — causes and treatment
What are the true causes of pain in the hip joint
Components of the hip joint (TCS) are the femoral head and acetabulum in the pelvic bone. Due to the fact that the head of bone covered with cartilage tissue, it has the ability to move freely.
The main function of the joint is flexion and extension of the lower limbs, due to which a person has the ability to move and keep balance.
Throughout the life of a human hip joint is experiencing a huge load, so it is not surprising that often it is out of order.
Usually hip pain are caused by injury, most common of which is hip fracture. Most of the victims are elderly, as their bones lose their strength and are not able to resist injury.
But also the reasons for a sore hip joint when walking are diseases of non-traumatic nature, which is in the process of striking development of the hip joint.
Causes of pain
Podiatrist Dikul: «the Penny product is No. 1 to restore the normal blood supply to the joints. Back and joints will be like in 18 years, enough time in the day to smear… Read more
Usually the causes of pain are damaging its structures or tissues located close to bones, cartilage, tendons. This pain can often spread to the thigh or leg.
Diseases that cause pain
Among the main factors influencing that after walking pain in hip joints, are the following:
- Injuries include sprains of ligaments, tendons, and dislocation of the hip and hip fracture. Especially dangerous such injuries in the elderly, as the treatment is much more difficult due to the decrease of bone strength.
- Aseptic necrosis of the femoral head – a disease in which dies articular part of the femur. Occurs as a result of cessation of blood supply to this area of the body. This disease is complicated by reception of preparations based on hormones, and when antiphospholipid thrombosis.
- Osteoarthritis mainly affects older people, is characterized by the destruction and inflammation of the hip joint. Patients report the feeling of acute pain in the joint, and stiffness.
- Tendonitis – inflammation in the tendons that usually affects people who have a constant heavy load. For example, are often at risk include athletes. At lower loads, the pain may not be felt.
- Infection is the result of joint damage streptococci, staphylococci, influenza virus. In this patient, a fever occurs, the joint is swollen, hurts during movement and touch.
- Tuberculosis of the joints — a disease which main symptoms is pain when walking and a slight limp, increasing with time.
- Trochanteric bursitis bags – inflammation of the fluid SAC located over the ledge of the femur. It is characterized by pain in the external part of the buttocks is enhanced while holding position on the patient’s side.
- Hereditary diseases, for example, the disease, Legg calve of pertusa, which most often affects boys 5 – 12 years. Manifested by pain in the hip joint and lameness, which progresses as the result of shortening of the limb.
- A tumor of bone and soft tissue – as the indirect cause of pain in the joint.
Characteristics of pain and its classification
Pain in the hip joint can arise due to intra-articular and extra-articular factors. While pain has a different character:
- mechanical pain occurs as a result of the load on the joint subsides after a good rest;
- the starting – appears after the rest, at the beginning of the movements, gradually disappearing;
- background pain – got its name from what occurs in the background of inflammatory processes during movements involving the affected muscles and tendons;
- night pain occurs at night, decreasing in the afternoon during motion, and is associated with stagnation of blood;
- pain arising from the stretching of the joint capsule due to degenerative inflammatory processes.
It is worth noting that there are often pain mixed character.
What you need to do first
At occurrence of pain need to do the following:
- to provide complete rest to the leg;
- apply to the affected area for 15 minutes a cold compress to relieve pain;
- if necessary, take pain relievers, for example ibuprofen;
- immediately consult a doctor for advice.
Why you should not delay the treatment for pain in TZS
If time does not begin treatment, the disease that caused pain in the hip joints, will be to progress, then they will already be quite difficult to heal. And in certain diseases over time lost the possibility of recovery, as the development of degenerative processes in muscles and tendons.
As a consequence, to get rid of pain in the joint will also be impossible.
So do not mess with my health, thinking that illness will pass with time itself. You must immediately consult a doctor without wasting time.
The right approach to treatment
If the pain resulted from injuries, he should:
- To attach to the pain cold compress for 15 minutes, repeating this action every hour. Two days later, on the contrary, to warm. For example, apply to the sore place a heating pad or take a warm bath. The water should not be hot, about 36 .
- You can RUB the thigh ointment, for example, using Fastum gel. Do not use simultaneously menthol ointment and a heating pad to avoid burns.
- For severe pain take pain relievers – ibuprofen, paracetamol.
With infections of hip pain is treated in the following way:
- You must reduce the load on the affected joints.
- To conduct antimicrobial therapy, consultation with a doctor about which antibiotic to use for this. It is worth remembering that the course of treatment to interrupt in any case is impossible, because the pathogens tend to adapt to the new conditions, continuing to respond to medication.
- You need to maintain your immune system healthy diet, tempering, do not ignore any infection, dolecia them.
Arthritis must first consult with your doctor. For treatment use:
- Pain relievers that do not contain aspirin.
- Special exercises to develop the muscles and joints. They help to reduce pain and reduce muscle fatigue.
- Warm and cold compresses.
- It is necessary to monitor their weight, if it exceeds the norm. The less you weigh, the less load goes to the patient’s joint.
- Your doctor may prescribe physiotherapy, positive impact on the joints.
- To reduce the load on the hip joint, you can use a cane to walk.
- It is not recommended to climb the stairs to the upper floors, Jogging or other intense physical activity, ponimaniem weights. If this is unavoidable then at least make time to rest.
When tendinite necessary actions are the following:
- reducing the burden on sore muscles;
- limiting movements that cause pain;
- the use of a special brace or elastic bandage on the area adjacent to the site of damaged joints;
- exercises aimed at stretching and strengthening the muscles;
- the use of special ointments based on capsaicin;
- the doctor prescribes physiotherapy;
- if strangulated sciatic nerve, the traditional treatment is usually not very efficient, so you will need surgical intervention.
Disease, Legg calve of pertusa need:
- to provide a rest for the feet, when walking to use crutches;
- physiotherapy, massage;
- if neglected diseases used surgical treatment.
What are the risks of the disease
If you do not seek timely treatment for pain in the hip joint can result in different health complications feet. It can be:
- loss of joint mobility;
- the pain of each movement;
- lost the ability to move over large distances;
- due to the weakening of muscles and shortening of the affected limb develops claudication.
To conclude, we can say that the hip joint is a very vulnerable part of the body that should be protected. It depends on how comfortable we will move around the city how we feel – it is clear that is constantly experiencing pain in any part of the body, we will feel discomfort and their own inferiority.
Therefore, it will be much easier to avoid disease than to engage in lengthy and expensive treatment.
As prevention it is necessary to lead a healthy lifestyle, to alternate moderate load rest, eat a healthy diet, trying to eat more vegetables and fruits.
You also need to avoid colds, infections, wash hands before eating. So you will support your immune system that will prevent occurrence of certain diseases.