Periarthritis of the ankle joint (feet): treatment and prevention
Treatment and recovery the joint at the shoulder to the ankle
Periarthritis refers to a category of very serious diseases, because it causes severe pain and can significantly reduce quality of life.
Due to the anatomical peculiarities of the lesion of the ankle and foot are observed quite rarely, however, brings many problems.
Therefore, any pain in this area should be a signal for immediate treatment to the doctor.
What happens in the body?
Periarthritis is an inflammatory process which occurs in the periarticular tissue.
It can affect tendons, joint capsule, muscle and ligaments. Periarthritis of the ankle joint and foot is not too often that due to the anatomical structure of the human body.
Despite this, the disease can cause great discomfort. Therefore, treatment must be comprehensive.
Causes and risk factors
Podiatrist Dikul: «the Penny product is No. 1 to restore the normal blood supply to the joints. Back and joints will be like in 18 years, enough time in the day to smear… Read more
The main reason for the development of periarthritis of the ankle is the presence of excess weight, because this factor provokes a high load.
In addition, degenerative processes develop under the influence of the following factors:
- the metabolic disorders;
- pathology of the endocrine system;
- disruption of blood vessels;
- prolonged exposure to cold and dampness;
- some chronic diseases – spondylosis and arthrosis;
- traumatic injuries of the tendons and muscle tissue;
- congenital disorders of musculoskeletal system;
- complications of infectious diseases;
- age factor.
Excess stress and traumatic injuries of bones, ligaments, and cartilage can lead to the emergence of foci of necrosis.
The symptoms and signs of disease
This form of the shoulder often occurs in athletes-sprinters, as well as in people with excessive body mass.
When the disease is accompanied by such manifestations:
- expressed pain during walking in the foot and ankle;
- constant tension the muscle tissue in the area of the joints of patients;
- swelling, which leads to limitation of joint mobility;
- painful seal, and nodules that can be detected by feeling.
With the development of periarthritis of the foot degenerative and reactive processes inflammatory processes in muscular tissue creating heel spurs.
Such formations can reach 12 mm. the result is a pronounced pain while walking and gait disturbance.
Forms and types of pathology
There are several forms of the development of periarthritis.
Depending on the character of the course of the pathology there is acute and chronic process.
During exacerbation of the disease occur quite severe pain, while chronic pathology causes only minor discomfort.
Periarthritis may be accompanied by such diseases:
- bursitis – inflammation occurring in the synovial pouch;
- tendonitis – inflammation of tendon;
- capsulitis – a violation of the joint capsule;
- fasciitis – an inflammatory process in the muscles.
Diagnosis and symptoms of the disease
The main symptoms of periarthritis of the ankle joint are considered to be swelling of tissues, which are in the region of the joints, and pain in them. Such clinical picture is characteristic of many pathologies.
To make an accurate diagnosis, x-rayed. With its help it is possible to eliminate arthritis and osteoarthritis.
In the chronic form of the disease picture will show the presence of osteoporosis or periodontitis. Will also be able to identify calcification of the tissues of the affected area.
To diagnose the disease, it is necessary to conduct thermographic analysis. It will show the difference temperature gradients. With the help of ultrasound can identify periarticular disorders, swelling of tendons, bursitis.
Methods and objectives of therapy
The main objectives of the treatment of periarthritis of the ankle and foot include the following:
- the symptoms of the disease;
- the relief of pain;
- the restoration of joint mobility;
- the cessation of destructive changes;
- prevention background pathologies.
Drug treatment is based on the use of anti-inflammatory and analgesics, corticosteroids, and chondroprotectors.
If the disease is mild, to limit physical activity applied immobilization with bracing wood or wire tires.
Also actively apply methods of physiotherapy:
- Pharmacopuncture – helps to introduce the drugs and to arrest the inflammatory process.
- In acupuncture gives you the ability to cope with muscle tension and pain.
- Acupressure – improves motor activity, establish nutrition of tissues, eliminate muscle spasms.
- Lazero — and a magnetotherapy is conducive to promoting blood circulation, improving the protective forces of the immune system, prevent inflammation and swelling.
- Electricity and vibratory massage – to help cope with increased muscle tone, promote tissue regeneration.
- Shock wave therapy – used to cleanse the tissue of toxins and impurities, makes the lymph flow.
- Hirudotherapy – is an excellent tool for the fight against the signs of tendinitis.
- Mud – improve immunity, prevent pain and foci of inflammatory process.
- Electrophoresis – it is possible to introduce drugs directly to the site of the lesion.
Effective method of therapy of the shoulder is physiotherapy. Exercises should choose a doctor based on the individual characteristics of the patient.
Thanks to their implementation you can eliminate pain, relax muscles, restore the muscle tone and to regain the necessary mobility.
To cope with periarthritis of the ankle joint can be used effective folk remedies for the treatment.
Most importantly, consult a doctor before applying them.
So, the most effective methods of treatment include the following:
- The bath of hay dust. To do this, 500 g of material should pour a bucket of water, bring to boil and boil for a few minutes. Leave ready means to stand for half an hour, strain and pour into a bath with warm water. Duration – 30 minutes.
- Honey compresses. This requires applying to the affected area wrap with honey, cover with plastic wrap, top wrap a warm scarf and leave overnight.
- A compress of medicinal plants. If you are allergic to bee products, you can prepare an effective means from herbs. For this you need to mix chamomile flowers, grass clover and leaves of the marshmallow in the ratio 2:2:1. Add boiling water to get the consistency of a pulp, wrap in a cotton cloth and apply to the affected area. Top cover with wrap and a warm scarf. Keep this compress it is necessary to cool down ingredients.
- Medicinal tea. This tool is perfect for indoor use. For the preparation you need to mix rose hips, leaves of bilberry, raspberry and black currant in a ratio of 1:1:1:2. Take a tablespoon of the mixture, add 500 ml of water and boil for 10 minutes. Leave to infuse for 4 hours and strain. Drink half a Cup 4 times a day. You must do it before meal.
If not promptly begin treatment of the disease, it can become chronic.
In this case, a person can always be present to moderate pain. If you make a sudden or unfortunate movement, severe pain will return.
Also periarthritis of the ankle may lead to irreversible changes that will lead to partial or complete loss of mobility.
This disease often occurs in people with excess weight. Therefore, prevention of this disease is to fight with redundant kilograms.
To prevent the occurrence of heel spurs, you need to prevent wear of the heel bone. If you have flat feet, you need to take his medication. It is therefore very important to systematically implement exercises for the feet and wear comfortable shoes.
Periarthritis of the ankle joint and foot is very dangerous pathology that causes pain. To prevent the development of serious complications, when the first symptoms of the disease should consult a doctor.