Pills for back pain — medication different type
Cure for back pain are divided into the following groups:
- nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs that temporarily relieves pain syndrome;
- muscle relaxants;
- synthetic funds having in its composition substances of a narcotic origin;
- other drugs.
For pain in the back medications that are included in the above group, do not eliminate the main cause of the disease (with the exception of nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs), but facilitate the patient’s condition. This gives time for the correct diagnosis of the disease and the purpose of the basic course of treatment.
Choosing the right pain medication for pain in the back depends on these factors:
- the level of pain and intensity;
- the location of the affected areas of the back;
- the duration of the pain.
When choosing medicines we must remember that the action proceeds from the pain has a time frame, and the drugs themselves — rather wide limits and contraindications. Abuse of these drugs is unacceptable, they overdose may cause irreparable harm to the health of the patient. It is recommended to use them as Supplement to main treatment. Most of them are available in the form of tablets.
Drugs with anti-inflammatory action
This so-called nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs. They have the following positive properties:
- quite high efficiency of anesthesia;
- relatively low cost;
- available as tablets or solutions for injection, which facilitates their application.
The mechanism of action of these remedies is anti-inflammatory, suppression of pain of a different kind. Well at the removal of pain syndrome in osteochondrosis. They have disadvantages:
- do not eliminate the cause of back pain;
- they can not be recommended to any patient, all depends on the individual characteristics of the patient.
This group of drugs include such drugs as:
- naproxen — it is suitable for diseases of the musculoskeletal system (if the patient suffers from pain in the lower back);
- Ketoprofen is recommended in the treatment of different kinds of arthritis;
- Ketorolac has a very strong analgesic action, which allows to relieve pain in spine and back;
- diclofenac is a multi — tool that is used to relieve pain in surgery, neurology, sports medicine, Oncology, urology, gynecology, and ophthalmology. The treatment with this drug allows you to quickly remove the pain syndrome in the postoperative period or in case of injury.
Medications-muscle relaxants (to relieve muscle tone)
Muscle relaxants reduce skeletal muscle tone. Thus the motor ability of the person is reduced (in high doses until complete immobilization). For spastic pain in the lower back or back it is possible to use muscle relaxants so-called Central impact. These substances have a direct effect on the divisions of the CNS, the brain and spinal cord that participate in the regulation of muscle tone. To ensure the greatest effect of their use is recommended in conjunction with non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs. Muscle relaxants must meet certain requirements:
- the action of the selected drugs should have a high selectivity, for example, to selectively eliminate the stress and back pain, and reduce the excitability of the muscles;
- it should not affect the nerve endings responsible for the correctness of the posture and activity of muscles during movements of the patient;
- to have a high tolerance with prolonged use;
- not to violate working capacity of the patient.
The most effective and relatively safe is considered to be a means of mydocalm. It is used along with anti-inflammatory medications and relieves back pain by reducing muscle tension. It is well tolerated. The remedy is contraindicated in the following situations:
- small age of the patient;
- pregnancy and lactation;
- myasthenia gravis;
- hypersensitivity to lidocaine;
- intolerance due to the individual characteristics of the patient.
Muscle relaxants should be used only as directed by your healthcare practitioner.
Synthetic and natural narcotic analgesics
If the use of these drugs has not led to positive results, for relieving back pain used drugs, which include morphine. He has significant analgesic effect. You can use weaker drugs, such as:
But be aware that when they apply possible side effects:
- there may be constipation;
- sometimes you show signs of allergies;
- many patients have drowsiness.
When you assign these resources it is necessary to warn the patient of the possibility of addiction applied in the treatment of medication.
Their positive properties:
- reduce the intensity of inflammation;
- drastically reduce the risk of progression of the disease into the chronic stage;
- have a high focus of action.
The most effective of this group of drugs is methylprednisolone. Its use has its own characteristics:
- the patient in the first days of treatment give increased doses of medication;
- reduce their use during the 5 subsequent days.
Other means to combat back pain
- special band-AIDS or back belts;
- antidepressants (Gultekin, its application is possible only on prescription);
- b vitamins (injections);
- agent against epilepsy (gabapentin).
Corsets can be written to the patient to correct posture. If the pain become chronic, the doctor may recommend the patient an antidepressant such as amitriptyline or nortripty. They have a strong impact on the patient’s condition and greatly improve his health. After that, it is necessary to appoint treatment for pinched nerve endings.
In addition to medication to relieve back pain, you can use massage, physiotherapy and physical therapy.
But it is necessary to correctly diagnose the disease and consult with your doctor about how to combat back pain and lower back pain. In any case, you have to remember that all of these funds are mainly to reduce pain, relieve muscle spasms and allow the patient to maintain activity and work capacity.But they do not eliminate the main cause of the disease that affected human. They only ease the state of patient with the course of the underlying disease, relieving pain.