Rheumatism of joints: how to recognize and treat this disease?
Rheumatism of the joints and folk medicine
Articular rheumatism is an inflammatory disease arising in the background of many infections. His treatment is based on elimination of the pathogen and recovery of human physical activity.
It is difficult to imagine life without movement – phenomena which not only allows you to stay fit, lead an active lifestyle, but also has a significant load on our joints.
Motor ability of a person of any age completely depends on their condition. Serious damage to the joints caused by injuries and diseases, promote the approach of the moment when no step, no the slightest movement would be impossible to implement without pain.
In order to maintain the physical activity necessary to properly care for the health of the joints: to take preventive measures to prevent the development of various diseases, particularly inflammatory nature, to avoid injuries, bumps or drops.
At the moment, widespread disorders of the joints, known worldwide as «rheumatic disease» or «rheumatic fever of the joints». To a greater extent vulnerable women and teenagers, whose age varies from 7 to 15 years. The results of the recent poll showed that more than 80% of patients with rheumatism are people under the age of 40 years, so the conventional belief that rheumatism of the joints is an age-related disease – just confusing.
Every year more and more young people are faced with a rheumatic disease, so it is very important to know the features of disease and treatment.
What is the specificity of the disease?
Rheumatism is a disease infectious-allergic nature, contributing to the destruction of connective tissue such as the cardiovascular system, and internal organs, muscles and joints.
Usually the first signs are observed in young adulthood and begin with the crunch, slight discomfort in the joints, to which few people pay attention. Over time the manifestations of rheumatic fever are exacerbated, often worsened with the onset of the cold season, as hypothermia is one of the factors that provoke this disease.
Rheumatism is characterized by symmetrical involvement of large joints: knee, ankle and elbow. In the development of this pathological disease a crucial role is played by genetic predisposition and streptococcal infection. Often suffer from rheumatism people in the body which contains a special protein from group b and those who are susceptible to infectious diseases.
Numerous studies in the area of occurrence of rheumatism is allowed to give another definition of this disease. According to him, the rheumatism of the joints is a kind of allergic reaction to infection with one of the beta-hemolytic streptococci of group A. About 2.5% of people who suffered a streptococcal infection within a month suffering from a complication of acute rheumatism of the joints.
Sore throat, puerperal fever, scarlet fever, erysipelas, acute inflammation of the middle ear, chronic tonsillitis and pharyngitis – most common disease-precursors of the disease.
The symptoms characteristic of the disease
Podiatrist Dikul: «the Penny product is No. 1 to restore the normal blood supply to the joints. Back and joints will be like in 18 years, enough time in the day to smear… Read more
The main symptom indicating the development of rheumatism of the joints in the human body, is a sudden increase in body temperature to 39 °C, accompanied by weakness and sweating, and the occurrence of painful sensations in the joints. In some cases, patients report localized pain variables, passing from one affected joint to another. In rheumatoid arthritis, the skin over them becomes red, swollen, and difficult movement.
List the General symptoms characteristic of rheumatic diseases:
- increased body temperature;
- joint pain worse in morning and night;
- swelling of joints, redness of the skin over them;
- heart pains;
- the formation of rheumatoid nodules in the elbow joints;
- asthenic manifestations: lethargy, fatigue, weakness;
- in some cases, deformity and involvement of small joints of the hands.
Diagnostic measures to identify signs of illness
The basis for the diagnosis of rheumatic fever the joints are the results of laboratory tests and clinical signs of incorrect functioning of certain organs. It is very important to identify the causative agent of streptococcal infection not later than 6 – 7 weeks prior to the start of joint damage.
It is believed that the operational definition of the agent – the key to timely and correct treatment. In order to identify it and confirm the diagnosis of «rheumatism of the joints» is primarily necessary to conduct procedures such as crops tonsils and blood.
You can help your doctor make the correct diagnosis! To do this, try to accurately and thoroughly tell the specialist about the pain and other unpleasant sensations that you are experiencing. One should not underestimate the significance of this information. It is a key diagnostic method, based on which the doctor prescribes other methods of research.
A huge role in the diagnosis plays a time of pain, their duration and localization, as well as additional phenomena accompanying pain.
The decrease in hemoglobin level, symptoms of anemia, increase in the number of neutrophils in the blood indicate the occurrence of this inflammatory disease. As a final stage of diagnosis is used electrocardiogram, ultrasound and x-rays of the affected joints.
Recommendations that will help to cure the disease
Rheumatic fever is a serious and dangerous disease, therefore its treatment should be done under strict medical supervision. It is extremely important to immediately consult a doctor for the early detection of signs of articular rheumatism. The sooner you begin treatment, depends on its efficiency.
Please note the following guidelines that will help you cope with this inflammatory disease:
- follow all instructions of your doctor;
- are in a well-ventilated and clean room;
- keep the peace and bed rest at the time of treatment;
- follow a special diet based on reducing the amount of consumed carbohydrates and increase the protein amount.
Depending on the degree of disease progression, the treatment can be carried out in hospital under medical supervision in the clinic.
Rheumatic joints hospital has a number of advantages, as it is based on comprehensive treatment, including measures for the suppression of streptococcal infection, reduce the activity of inflammatory processes, prevention of the development of heart disease.
Patients in the clinic is used when stabilization of the patient’s condition. It is the most common form of treatment of rheumatism, as its main part takes place in the home.
Medication is the first and most important step
Rheumatic joints is based on the use of nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs, broad spectrum antibiotics, vitamins, desensitizing agents, and in severe cases, steroid hormones.
As a rule, in order to cope with pathogen infection antibiotics penicillin (Amoxicillin, Carfecillin, Carbenicillin, and Piperacillin), or macrolides (Binocular, Vilprafen, Gruneisen, etc.). It is believed that within 5 years after the disease rheumatism the patient periodically to take broad-spectrum antibiotics.
No less important integral part of medical treatment are non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs: Diclofenac, Ibuprofen and others. They reduce the activity of inflammatory processes.
If the body of the patient is retained fluid, he prescribed diuretics – diuretics: Akripamid, Diazed, Buttocks and others.
If you have problems with the heart treatment depends on the degree of their severity, lesions of valves, etc. In most cases, are appointed by diuretics, nitrates, and antiarrhythmic drugs that prevent or eliminate irregular heart rhythms. In serious situations where medical treatment is powerless, operations on heart valves.
The duration of the application, the dosage of medicines are set by a doctor depending on the severity of the disease, the health status of the patient and in each case will be individual.
After the appointment of medical therapy the patient can be recommended a number of additional procedures:
- Paraffin baths. They contribute to the warming of the affected joints and remove toxins and cleanse the pores. This unconventional method of treatment is used after subsiding of the acute phase of the disease, normalization of body temperature and the improvement of the patient.
- Warming lamp infrared rays. The lamp used for General warm up body parts that require the surface action.
- UHF-therapy. Electric field UHF enhances blood flow, selectively affects the permeability of the vessel walls, thereby eliminating residual tissue swelling of the joint and reducing inflammation.
- Electrophoresis. This medical complex is characterized by the effects on the body DC and the introduction with it in the right parts of the body of medicinal substances.
Physiotherapeutic methods of treatment allow to consolidate the result from primary therapy to improve the motor activity of the patient and eliminate the pain. For maximum effect, doctors recommend every procedure to perform the course.
How and what to treat rheumatism of the joints should be determined only by the attending physician! Self-medication is dangerous for health and can lead to serious consequences.
Traditional treatments of the disease
Treatment of rheumatism in the joints of folk remedies reinforce the positive effect of primary treatment, relieve swelling and eliminate pain.
- Recipe No. 1. For this recipe you will need dried leaves of marsh cinquefoil. Put them in a glass dish, pour half vodka and put on three weeks in a dark place. The resulting infusion to drink 1 tablespoon 3 times a day, and can be used as lotions, daily rubbing his sore joints.
- Recipe №2. To prepare this recipe, take 1 kg of raw potatoes and a small piece of tissue. Peel the potatoes and grate it on a fine grater. The resulting slurry put on the cloth and wrap it the patient’s joint. This compress is recommended to do in a day for 1 month.
- Recipe No. 3. In order to complete this recipe you will need 3 onions peeled. Put them in a saucepan, pour 1 liter of water and simmer for 15 minutes. Once the onion water has cooled, it is ready to eat. It is recommended to drink 1 glass of decoction every morning on an empty stomach.
Prevention is an integral part of the treatment of rheumatism
To prevent recurrence of attacks of rheumatism of the joints, apply the following preventive measures: primary and secondary.
- Primary prevention. It includes measures to increase immunity. For this the patient must practice the hardening, right up to the day, to eat healthy food. If you feel unwell, such people should immediately seek medical help, especially if symptoms appear infection.
- Secondary prevention. Secondary prevention measures aimed at preventing recurrence of the disease and its progression in patients at the dispensary.
Considerable attention in the prevention of rheumatic fever is given to maintaining the functions of the cardiovascular system. Activities aimed at the normalization of cardiac rhythm monitoring of the heart includes such concept, as «cardioprotective».
It is a mandatory part of the final stage of treatment of rheumatism of the joints and is characterized by a regular medical examination, Spa treatment and reception of vitamin complexes rich in magnesium and calcium.
Rheumatism is a long and complex process that includes medication and physiotherapy. Its main purpose is to maintain healthy joints, improved the patient’s condition and prevention of recurrence of the disease.