Rheumatoid arthritis: symptoms and treatment of lesions of all joints
Rheumatoid polyarthritis — simultaneous attack on multiple joints
Diseases of joints the most dangerous to humans, because over time lead to partial or complete immobility and, as a consequence, of disability.
Rheumatoid arthritis is no exception. The people who have been diagnosed with presented disease, complain of pain and inability to carry out normal everyday actions.
What caused such symptoms?
The concept and characteristics of
Rheumatoid arthritis is characterized by lesions of the connective tissue of the joints, which when not treated leads to deterioration in the form of bone lesions.
The prefix «poly» refers to the connective tissue in several places. In most cases there is a loss joints of the hands and toes.
Pathology connective tissue is noted in nearly half of cases diagnosed problems with places «connected» bones.
In 20% of cases of detection of rheumatoid arthritis this defeat leads to disability of the patient, because he can’t carry out simple household actions to keep the mug or even walk.
Feature of rheumatoid arthritis is considered to be the permanent residence of the disease in remission with only occasional exacerbations.
Such times bring a lot of pain and suffering to the person, so it is important to consult a doctor is still in the initial stages of the disease.
How to recognize the disease?
Podiatrist Dikul: «the Penny product is No. 1 to restore the normal blood supply to the joints. Back and joints will be like in 18 years, enough time in the day to smear… Read more
Quite often presents disease mistaken for rheumatoid or rheumatoid arthritis.
Of course, to determine the nature of resulting disease can only be a doctor after thorough and comprehensive examination. However, the patient himself can understand what disease he manifests itself. So, there are the following differences.
Difference of rheumatoid arthritis from arthritis lies in the number of affected joints. As a rule, arthritis characterized lose and only one major joint.
The differences between rheumatoid and rheumatic polyarthritis are in the nature of disease.
In rheumatic polyarthritis at the initial stages of manifestations of the patient in a greater degree suffers from inflammation and stiffness. The pain occurs in one joint, and gradually «moves» to another.
Rheumatic fever leads to complete recovery of damaged joints, regardless of the stage of the disease, during which all the same has carried out medical intervention.
In addition, the treatment of rheumatic starts with a course of antibiotics to destroy the infection in the human body, as well as non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs.
At the first signs are characteristic of arthritis symptoms, you should consult a specialist to have it exactly diagnosed with the disease.
Causes and risk factors
The causes of the disease include several aspects, which are divided into three main groups:
- The autoimmune nature of the disease. The human immune system protects against penetration into the body of viral infections through regular production of antibodies. Sometimes antibodies «overboard» in their work and affect healthy organs and tissues. This occurs through the active actions at the time of infection. In a result, rheumatoid arthritis can occur after infectious diseases.
- Hereditary factors. Rheumatoid arthritis refers to hereditary diseases. With modern medicine we are born, the baby may be to identify a predisposition to the manifestations. Scientists have identified separate gene, the study of which there is definite «armed» young parents. Of course, such research is not carried out at an early age of the child, and the disease manifests as external factors – hypothermia, injuries and bruises.
- A separate category should be allocated to the environmental factors, where present: hypothermia, exposure to allergens, bad habits, injuries and stresses.
People should be careful especially if relatives have described the problem. Protect yourself from cold and injuries. Smokers or people who abuse alcohol also are at risk.
The symptoms and progression of the disease
Symptoms of rheumatoid arthritis appear gradually and depend on the development of the disease.
Here we can distinguish 3 stages:
- The morning aches with partial loss of functions of the squeezing. The initial stage of the disease is characterized by lesions and the destruction of connective tissue, which leads to stiffness of joints.
- Next, a person experiences severe pain during each movement of the affected joints. This indicates that the destruction of the synovial membrane. At the same time, the person slightly increases the body temperature, and there is a loss of the skin in areas of the affected joints. Some reddening, «alopecia».
- Inflammation of the joints indicates the development of bone erosions. Under the erosion involve inflammation of the synovial membrane, which protects the bones, which leads eventually to their destruction.
It should be noted that the affected bone erosion are not subject to full restoration, so you should not postpone visit to the doctor at the very first manifestations of the disease.
Diagnostics in a medical facility
Diagnosis of the disease is pretty simple and fast. Here, the doctor performs a small test – compresses hands. Usually patient feels pain is a signal about the beginning of inflammatory process.
But diagnosis of the disorders does not end on the same test.
Here carry out a thorough examination, which includes the following procedures:
- x-ray is an important investigation which allows to identify the disease;
- Ultrasound of internal organs – began erosion leads to complications such as lesions of the internal organs;
- other laboratory tests – blood, urine, and other types of analyses.
In some cases where the doctor cannot determine the degree of complications for an x-ray, performed MRI, which will tell about the extent and severity of joint damage.
The treatment of the disease
Traditional treatment of rheumatoid arthritis for all joints is carried out in three stages:
- At the initial stage should eliminate the pain and stop the ongoing destruction. For these purposes, taking various hormonal and non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs.
- As soon as the destruction of tissues and joints stopped – stopped the pain and marked deterioration are permissible for the recovery of the affected joints. It uses a variety of physiotherapy – phonophoresis, ultraviolet irradiation, massage and other activities.
- Now comes the stage of improving the quality of life of the sick person should follow the diet (eat a large amount of dairy products), gymnastics and physical culture, coordinating all the movements and exercises with your doctor.
Of course, in the period of remission, the disease does not cause particular problems. For the patient it is important to extend this time as long as possible. The implementation of all recommendations of the expert will save the patient from a new aggravation.
Traditional medicine is accepted only in the prevention and in the initial stages of the disease.
If rheumatoid arthritis already been diagnosed, and the patient felt the characteristic stiffness in the joints, it can try the treatment in the following ways:
- Raw potatoes are cleaned and rubbed on a grater. Then, the resulting composition is placed in cheesecloth and immersed in hot water for a few minutes. Gauze sack of potatoes is applied to the aching joints for the night, wrapping with plastic and bandages.
- You can use 6% vinegar. A tablespoon of vinegar poured half a liter of warm water and placed in the contents of the hands, feet and other parts of the body where the affected joint.
Traditional methods to combat disease should discuss with the attending physician in order not to hurt yourself even more.
Recovery and prevention
Recovery may take several months, while remission often lasts only six months. Of course, remission is possible to continue following all recommendations of the attending physician.
If you stick to your diet and engage in regular prescribed physical exercise, stop Smoking and alcohol, and excessive consumption of salty and spicy foods, remission can be extended for several years.
It is very important not expose yourself to hypothermia and at the same time not to be a long time under the hot sun. In some cases, it is recommended to use the suitable vitamins that will greatly improve the immune system and will not allow infection to enter the body.
It will not lead to excessive production of antibodies and active and incorrect work.