Right-sided scoliosis of the thoracic, lumbar and cervical spine
Right-sided scoliosis of the cervical, thoracic and lumbar spine
Scoliosis is a curvature of the spine, which result in violations can be twisted both in the left and right.
Often this disease is observed among females, although does not shy away from men. By nature, the disease can be either congenital or acquired.
Often the development of scoliosis is connected with the hereditary factor. To date, according to statistics, the disease occurs in 5 out of 1000 people.
Features a right-hand curvature
Basically, scoliosis is localized in the thoracic spine, less common in other parts of the world.
Often the basis for the development of the disease may serve as a previously identified pathology of the spine, although often the cause may remain unknown. If this happens, then this type of scoliosis is called idiopathic. In this case, the treatment that will be prescribed by a specialist, it will depend entirely on the degree of development of the disease.
Right-sided scoliosis is often the result of a lesion of the connective tissue, surgery in the spine or fracture, resulting in the formation of the curvature of the spine. Much less frequently the disease is congenital.
It is very rare to detect right-sided scoliosis of the lumbar spine. The severity of the disease depends entirely on the height of the arc curvature. Most often this type of deformation is observed in girls from 9 to 11 years.
What is characteristic of right-sided scoliosis, so it’s almost imperceptible course of the disease in the first degree, and in some cases the second. Mostly it is expressed as excessive slouching. At this stage the angle of curvature is not more than 10 degrees and it can be corrected with conservative treatment.
In the second degree, the disease often remains unnoticed and does not cause discomfort. In rare cases, there may be pain in the back and light asymmetry of the shoulders and shoulder blades.
Classification of violations
Podiatrist Dikul: «the Penny product is No. 1 to restore the normal blood supply to the joints. Back and joints will be like in 18 years, enough time in the day to smear… Read more
Today, there is a several variations and types of scoliosis.
On the basis of the reasons which caused the deformation are the following types of scoliosis:
Depending on the lesion, right-sided scoliosis can be observed in following departments:
Depending on the shape of spinal curvature, scoliosis can be:
- Z-shaped, in which it noted a curvature in three directions;
- C-line is unidirectional curvature of the spine;
- S-shaped, in which there is two directions of curvature.
What can trigger the development of the disease?
Curvature can develop absolutely any age. Often scoliosis affects children ages 6 years and older. Because it is a period of intense growth in the spine is a big load, which can cause curvature.
The disease can develop if:
- People to stay too long in an uncomfortable and wrong situation (this is often the case in children).
- The cause may be excess weight and as a result problems with the exchange of substances, which provoke the destruction of segments of the spine.
- Congenital disorders of skeletal development (the formation of additional spine or rib splicing) may lead to a curvature of the spine.
- The reason for the development of pathology can be a problem in the field of endocrinology and infectious diseases.
- After the injury, changing the spine, scoliosis.
- The disease can be the result of degenerative processes. Among them note the intervertebral hernia, osteochondrosis and other diseases. All these diseases are responsible for degenerative changes in the spine, and subsequently the violation of its structure.
Right-sided scoliosis can develop groundless, behind each pathology is a provoking factor, among the most frequent:
- unbalanced, wrong meal (this may include both the process and the foods consumed);
- Smoking, drinking alcohol, etc.;
- in some cases it can be extreme sports or, on the contrary, lack of physical activity;
- big load on the back;
- stay in places with low temperature.
The development of the disease in different parts of the spine
Right-sided scoliosis in the cervical spine may develop as a result of injuries sustained during childbirth. In this case, you may experience the following symptoms:
- pain in the head;
- the above symptoms are usually accompanied by dizziness.
If the illness is severe, without proper or timely treatment can begin deformity of the cervical vertebrae and skull.
The most common right-sided scoliosis of the thoracic spine. The spine has an S-shaped bend. In addition, due to the deformation of the shape of the chest, is formed a rib hump. If you run the disease and not treated, it can progress and cause problems regarding internal organs.
Are also right-sided scoliosis in the thoracolumbar division, which has the same symptoms and characteristics as the disease in the region of the thoracic vertebra.
A less common form of right-sided scoliosis is curvature in the lumbar. The curvature is not only right but also left.
For this type of deformation is characteristic of invisible mild occurrence of the disease. Can occur in people of 20 years. The first bell of a problem is pain in the lumbar region. The treatment of this form of the disease is not easy.
How many degrees of curvature allocate
In addition to the above variations, the disease may be classified according to the degree of progression:
- First degree. The curvature is 10 degrees. There is a small elevation of the right scapula and shoulder against the left.
- The second stage. The curvature reaches 25 degrees. During the inspection the technician noted the asymmetry of the pelvis, spine, scapular and shoulder line. Self-diagnose pathology virtually impossible.
- In the third stage, the arc is curved to 26 degrees, can reach 40. The presence of the disease is clearly expressed, visible bulging of the right ribs and shoulder blades, displacement of the chest. The result can be problems with breathing, disturbed heart rhythm, worsening the blood supply to the brain and spinal cord and appears short of breath.
- The last degree at which the spine may be curved more than 40 degrees. On the left side appear large rib and shoulder humps. At the right side there is a strong indents and sternum. Length of arms and legs visually asymmetric. In addition, the developing, the disease affects the spinal cord, and consequently, the broken motor activity. In some cases there is numbness and paralysis. And in addition, you may experience problems in the gastrointestinal tract, heart, lungs, kidneys and other organs. If the above methods cannot help or there is rapidly progressing scoliosis, experts have resorted to surgery.
How to get rid of the disease
Right-sided scoliosis can be treated in several ways. If pathology is the initial stage, and the form is not complicated, then applied the conservative method.
This is the main treatment in case of complications, is used in combination with drastic methods. It entails the correction and restoration of function of the spine.
In addition, the back of the patient is recorded in a comfortable position, which not only corrects the curvature, but also helps to avoid further deformation. Conservative methods include exercise therapy, electrical myostimulation sessions and back massage, help the therapist. All the time the patient is under the supervision of experts.
In the recovery period are also used corsets. They represent a design which snugly fits the abdomen and chest. Today there are several varieties of corsets: fixing and correcting.
When there are 3 or 4 degrees of pathology, applied surgical treatment. The necessity for it appears when conservative methods failed, and the angle of deformation is not less than 30 degrees.
Before surgery, the experts also used the shield to correct the curvature. Only after that, if he turned out to be useless, proceed to operative treatment of pathology.
During the period of rehabilitation, used gypsum bed. Thus, the patient wears it until then, until the time comes to remove the stitches. After, a year after the operation using a hard corset.
If the disease is not treated, over time, may create additional health problems. Among which diseases of the reproductive organs and respiratory tract, internal organs, appears low back pain and other.
Furthermore, progressive, untreated pathology weakens the immune system. The likely hormonal disorders, problems with conception, pregnancy and childbirth.
To prevent development of scoliosis or not to aggravate the already existing stage of deformation, decrease of physical activity. Of course, we should not forget about the special exercises, the course which is compiled with the help of a specialist.
Pay attention to the health and lifestyle of their child. Because the disease begins to develop early and a trigger can be a incorrect position at the Desk, so you need to monitor the posture of Chad.
In addition, it is very important than the baby is sleeping, the bed should be rigid and smooth. Preventive measures concern the load of textbooks and other school supplies. To ensure that the load was not excessive, it is best to use a satchel, not a briefcase.
You need to lead a healthy lifestyle. Needed Hiking, sports and fresh air. And, of course, do not forget about periodic inspection by a specialist. Early detection of the pathology may be the key to a quick and painless treatment.