Scoliosis of 2 degrees: treatment, prevention, take in army, photos of patients
How to cure a scoliosis of 2 degrees: is there a chance for a full life?
Scoliosis is a fairly common pathology of the spine. It represents the curvature of the axis of the spine in a sideways direction which develops predominantly in children.
The curvature occurs as the result of transformation of the vertebral bodies. The disease affects the intervertebral discs, ligaments and muscles, pelvis, internal organs, nervous system.
The disease progresses in adolescence – the time when the skeleton is growing most rapidly. If a few decades ago, scoliosis appeared mainly in childhood and adolescence, now it affects almost all age groups.
This is due to the fact that more and more people nowadays lead a sedentary lifestyle. Aggravated the situation of mass distribution among the population of computers and free Internet access.
At first glance, the scoliosis does not have dangerous health consequences. Many perceive it as a cosmetic flaw that just spoils the posture and the back.
But in fact this disease is fraught with serious danger. It turns out that the displacement of the spine affects all the organs. Including such important features of our body like the brain, the motor abilities of the limbs, digestion, output of urine and even fertility.
Especially suffering from spinal curvature respiratory system. Breathing becomes uneven, as the one lung breathes better, and the other weaker. The result is often companions scoliosis patients become bronchitis, pneumonia, bronchial asthma.
If the disease progresses, it can even lead to lung edema, without timely intensive care treatment leads to death.
Due to the deformation of the chest in the body is poorly supplied with oxygen. Violated the metabolic processes in organs and tissues. Also the chest cavity alters the natural form and volume. This disrupts the flow of blood through the vessels. Can even change the shape of a heart and to receive the heart failure.
The concept of degrees of violations
In scoliosis, the spine may have a different angle of curvature. Depending on the value of this angle, the disease is divided into 4 degrees:
- 1-I degree. A noticeable stoop. Asymmetry of visually is not visible. The spine is curved by 10 degrees. It is possible to diagnose only a radiographic method.
- Degree 2. Assimetrichnost shoulders and pelvis are already clearly visible by eye. There is a torsion of the spine (twisting). The magnitude of the curvature from 11 to 25 degrees.
- 3rd degree. The abdominal muscles are weakened. There is an inner rib hump and shortness of breath even with small physical activity. Visible deformity of the chest at an angle from 26 to 50 degrees. Can disturb cardiac and pulmonary failure.
- 4th degree. In addition to the above symptoms, characterized by a more profound negative impact on the body. Patient difficult to undertake physical activity. Pressure on the internal organs. The curvature is over 50 degrees. Spinal deformity is noticeable even in clothing. The torso seems short, and his arms and legs were disproportionately long. Limbs swollen. You may receive the hump.
The higher the degree and the more advanced forms of scoliosis, the detrimental effect it has on the body. And the harder it is treatable.
1-I degree often goes unnoticed. Especially if you do not inspect the spine for signs of scoliosis in a targeted manner.
But scoliosis of 2 degrees is already difficult to detect with the naked eye during a home inspection. And she requires immediate medical attention. After all, if you ignore obvious symptoms curvature can go hump.
Features of the second degree scoliosis
Podiatrist Dikul: «the Penny product is No. 1 to restore the normal blood supply to the joints. Back and joints will be like in 18 years, enough time in the day to smear… Read more
Scoliosis of 2 degree of development has distinct external characteristics.
- the shoulders are asymmetrical (one below another);
- the angle of curvature of from 11 to 25 degrees;
- scapula located unevenly;
- the pelvis is distorted;
- visible light torsion (twisting) of the vertebrae when they are twisted around a vertical axis;
- planned rib hump.
In General, when the 2nd degree of the disease scoliosis lateral curvature of the vertebral axis is already clearly visible.
Types and locations of violations
Now in medicine there are several varieties and forms of scoliotic disease.
Scoliosis is divided into 3 forms:
This division depends on the number of arcs of curvature. With means that the twisted arc 1, S – 2 and Z – 3 of the arc.
The disease can be localized in the neck, thoracic, lumbar. Depending on this, scoliosis is divided into such types:
The last can develop in 2 places and be thoracolumbar, cervical-thoracic and others. Combined called scoliosis, combining the 2 forms of curvature.
Causes and risk factors
The cause of the disease is divided into congenital and acquired in the process of life. Among the congenital defects produce irregularities in the nerve (e.g., cerebral palsy), bone (incremental and fused vertebrae, torticollis) and muscular system (muscles on one side of the spine shorter than the other).
The most common acquired cause of scoliosis is a discrepancy between the rate of growth of the vertebrae and the bones with muscles and ligaments. It is typical for pupils, especially 6-7 and 10-14 years, when the child grows tall especially intense.
Due to the fact that the vertebrae grow faster than the attached to them the muscles and ligaments, the vertical axis of the spine is curved. Therefore, parents of students need to be especially careful and always inspect the child’s spine.
To acquired reasons include:
- polio and other diseases of the nervous and muscular systems;
- the metabolic disorders;
- endocrine disruptions;
- violations of the musculoskeletal device;
In medicine there is also the term «idiopathic scoliosis». It is used to denote the unknown cause of the disease. Generally unknown and innate factors contributing to the development of curvature, account for only 5%. The remainder is accounted for by acquired causes.
Characteristics of the clinical picture
At first the patient does not feel discomfort. Shoulders become asymmetric, one of the blades stronger sticks forward, the pelvis can be skewed in one direction. Bend noticeable when you look at the very line of the spine.
If no action is taken, over time, begin negative effects on the body:
- pains in the back;
- legs get tired faster than during walking;
- difficult breathing;
- become frequent cough and colds;
- appears the bronchitis.
Having scoliosis to chance, you can wait until hump and irreversible disorders of the internal organs.
Diagnosis of curvature
Scoliosis is simply diagnosed. Often experienced enough of the visual inspection region of the spine of the patient. If there are signs of illness is assigned to the x-ray of the spine. It allows you to identify the angle of curvature, the localization and the degree of development of the disease.
In the last few years in the diagnosis of scoliosis has been applied a new research method – MRI. It is done using the MRI scanner. The results of the study are displayed as a three-dimensional image.
When significant curvature, shows the research status of internal organs (ultrasound of heart, spirometry, ECG, etc.). If there is a suspected curvature, you should immediately make an appointment with a specialist.
It is also necessary to find out the cause of the curvature, before you start treatment, perhaps the development of scoliosis is associated with disturbances in other organs and systems. And therapy you need to start with the normalization of their work.
For example, if the curvature has led the rickets, first of all we should take his medication. Otherwise, scoliosis would not win.
An integrated approach to therapy
Curvature 1 and 2 are amenable to conservative treatment. In General, for treatment of scoliosis of 2 degrees apply conservative and surgical methods. The last (surgery) is a last resort and is offered if:
- the illness progresses very quickly;
- conservative methods have proven ineffective;
- identified significant violations of internal organs.
The essence of surgical treatment is to put the patient system, which will capture the vertebrae.
Conservative treatment is aimed at the alignment of the spine such methods:
- therapeutic exercises;
- wearing retainer corset;
- an orthopaedic mattress.
Massages and medication for scoliosis did not significantly help. A massage can bring temporary relief, but not cure. When massage is the impact on the muscles and tissues, but not bones.
Also not able to affect the bone tissue and medicines. In some cases, they only help to eliminate the causes of the disease.
Surgical intervention with 2nd degree is required very rarely. The basis of treatment is exercises, which are selected for each patient individually. Usually perform them 3-4 times a week, complementing the massage and manual therapy. Such complex treatment takes about 2 years.
Effective conservative treatment is considered to be gymnastics Lana Paley. A set of measures and methods of treatment, the doctor determines for each patient individually.
The goal of treatment for 1 and 2 degree of the disease is to return the spine to its normal condition. But when grade 3 and 4 to rectify the situation is no longer possible. In this case it is important to stop the process of deformation and to prevent the progression of the disease.
The best techniques and exercises for getting rid of scoliosis 2nd degree
One goal — different methods:
What you can do at home
To treatment in a domestic environment has yielded positive results, one must at least identify the cause of the scoliosis, as well as to know the extent of the disease. But to determine the curvature of the spine can be at home. To do this:
- Inspect the back. Spine line needs to be smooth, to go on the center back.
- Rate on the symmetry of the shoulders. They should be at the same level.
- Check out the blade bone. Ask the investigated to bend forward. In this position, clearly visible, placed whether the level of the scapula.
For the treatment of scoliosis need to know many factors about it (causes, extent, shape, localization, etc.). It can be detected only through medical research under the supervision of experts. Treatment of scoliosis of 2 degrees requires an integrated approach, using different techniques (therapeutic exercises, massage, physical therapy, wearing a corset, etc.).
When the 1-2 degrees of scoliosis, doctors recommend to do at home exercises in the morning, go for a massage, swimming, physiotherapy. Complex gymnastic exercises should choose specialist. Also shown wearing a special corset.
Remember that you should not indulge in self-treatment. This is not only ineffective, but also dangerous to the health of the patient. Now the network has a lot of books, CDs and instructional videos, how to cure scoliosis. Thirst for knowledge and desire to get better is commendable. But all therapeutic measures necessarily aligned with your doctor.
What are the risks?
Although 2nd degree scoliosis is considered easy and is not a serious threat to health, her treatment is a long and laborious process. But to delay the treatment impossible.
If the curvature of the second degree are not treated on time, it can go into hazardous to health 3 nd and 4-th degree.
Scoliosis is dangerous because it often has a progressive nature. In this case, it can appear complications as:
- degenerative disc disease;
- vegetovascular dystonia;
- deformation of internal organs;
- herniated discs;
- fractures of the vertebrae;
- osteoporosis in the elderly.
It is accompanied by unpleasant sensations. In particular, constant back pain and headaches.
Prevention of violations
The main preventative measure for parents of student – to periodically inspect the child’s spine. Prevention of scoliosis should also follow these rules:
- constantly monitor the posture, don’t slouch, keep your back straight;
- avoid asymmetric loads (especially constant wear bags in one hand);
- to unsubscribe from too soft beds and pillows (sleep better on a pillowtop mattress);
- do not buy tight clothes that compress the rib cage;
- do not wear tight shoes;
- take breaks in sedentary work, alternating with exercise;
- working at the computer, relax for 5-10 minutes every hour;
- to select workspace furniture in accordance with the growth;
- heavy lifting with a straight back, and not in a tilted position;
- the working place should be well publicized (not to slouch and not to hunch over books).
The risk groups are children studying music. Instruments such as violin and accordion, and sometimes cause curvature of the spine.
Asked — answer
We have collected the questions asked by people regarding scoliosis, and gave answers to them:
- Take the army scoliosis of the 2nd degree? Young people with this diagnosis according to the legislation of the Russian Federation, are exempt from military service. Them unfit for military service.
- Can I play sports? Cannot be answered unequivocally. All depends on the individual picture of the disease. That can be one patient in the scoliosis of 2nd degree, for the other is dangerous. This question can be answered only by a doctor after the examination.
- Can you do morning exercises? The morning exercises for patients with scoliosis is not only permitted, but useful. It is often included in the complex of conservative treatment. But exercises need to pick up with the doctor.
- What sports are contraindicated? Those that give asymmetrical load: tennis, bowling, Boxing, fencing, badminton, gymnastics.
- Can I go Jogging? Yes, in the 2nd degree. But with 3, 4 – not recommended.
- Can I go swimming? Swimming is one of the methods of treatment of scoliosis. It has a useful therapeutic effect in the curvature of the spine.
- Is it possible to have children? At 1-2 degrees no contraindications. And pregnancy is transferred normally. But it is better to plan the birth of a child and pre-treatment of a scoliosis.
In General, the prognosis is relatively favorable treatment, especially for children. But this disease requires immediate treatment. After all, the higher the degree and neglect form, the longer and harder it will be to get rid of scoliosis. So upon the slightest suspicion immediately seek medical help.
After 18 years, when the spine is already formed, to get rid of the scoliosis, unfortunately, completely impossible. But you can avoid many complications that accompany this disease.