Self-massage with cervical osteochondrosis: tips and techniques video
Effective techniques of self-massage with cervical osteochondrosis
In recent times we hear about this disease, as cervical osteochondrosis.
Its main symptoms – pain in the head and neck, dizziness, fainting, numbness of the upper extremities is very unpleasant and can cause a lot of problems.
They occur due to degenerative changes in the intervertebral discs, which cause the lose of muscle tissue, blood vessels and nerves of cervical area.
The cause of osteochondrosis may be and excess weight, and heavy physical exertion, and injuries of the spine. However, the disease most often occurs as a result of a sedentary lifestyle.
If here to add a regular presence in the asymmetrical position, the likelihood of developing osteoarthritis increases several times.
The cervical osteochondrosis is a complex disease that requires a long and systematic treatment. In addition, it should be comprehensive as it will have to eliminate several reasons.
However, among all methods of treatment and prevention the most effective and accessible is the massage. It improves blood circulation in the neck, well relieves symptoms and slows the progression of the disease.
Treatment of osteoarthritis is divided into several stages.
First, get rid of pain, dizziness and other symptoms. Then stimulates regenerative processes, which should stop the destruction of cartilage.
At each of these stages is applied to a comprehensive treatment medications and manual therapy are used together.
Self-massage is a therapy that can truly get rid of degenerative disc disease of the cervical.
It is known that he has not only pronounced, but also lasting effect: after a few treatments the symptoms disappear in 2-3 months.
In addition, regular massage slows down the progression of the disease and improves the condition of the cervical spine.
The therapeutic effect
Podiatrist Dikul: «the Penny product is No. 1 to restore the normal blood supply to the joints. Back and joints will be like in 18 years, enough time in the day to smear… Read more
Manual therapy produces this effect:
- widen the small arteries;
- improves the function of blood vessels;
- volume increases and tone muscles;
- restored joint function;
- increases working capacity of muscle tissue;
- improves blood circulation;
- accelerates the regeneration and improves the conductivity of nerve fibers.
As a rule, perform self-massage every day, following a special fitness course, which takes about two weeks.
Then take a little break. During the year 3-4 recommended massage course.
Self-massage is permitted only in the case of full possession of his technique. Otherwise there is big risk to cause yourself irreparable harm as a result of pressure on the «dangerous» areas.
These include the lymph nodes, carotid artery, protruding vertebrae of the neck. If you need of no knowledge, the best practice by an experienced specialist.
Methods of influence
When performing manual therapy using several methods of exposure:
- Stroking. The main purpose of this method is warming up and preparing muscles for different types of exposure. Movements are performed with an open hand without strong pressure.
- Squeezing – a more intense method of massage. During his use of the phalanx of the thumb or the edge of the palm.
- Rubbing. The method consists in massaging with your fingertips to certain areas. Sometimes made weak tingling to stimulate blood circulation.
- Kneading is the strongest the degree of impact type of massage. Is slow relatively strong pressure is applied on the skin and muscles.
To perform a self-massage can be both one and two hands, standing up or sitting in a chair.
Before that you need to do a light workout, in which to warm up the muscles of the shoulders, back and neck.
Head during procedures should be looking straight forward.
Each exercise you need to carry along the special areas. Back-cervical massage, usually done from the neck to the shoulder blades. The front part of the neck, massaging from the chin down to the collarbone.
In addition, it is important to know how to correctly measure the load. Here you need to follow a simple rule: the stronger the pressing, the fewer times you can do exercise. The most powerful influence is not recommended to repeat more than three times.
Technique of self massage
In the treatment of degenerative disc disease is assigned to massage both the front and back of the neck. Procedure it is advisable to start from the back side of the cervical.
Self-massage the back of the neck with osteochondrosis:
- Squeezing. Press the edge of the palm to the neck and move upwards. When it comes to hair, stoop down to the area of the shoulders.
- Rubbing. Circular movements with your fingertips RUB the back of his head from one ear to the other. Then repeat the same movement from root hair to the forearms. Importantly, in no case do not massage over the vertebrae – only muscle.
- Tweaking. Thumb and forefinger lightly pinch the muscles of the neck. Act first upwards, and then Vice versa.
- Stroking. Apply both hands to the neck and ironed from the back of the head to the shoulders.
Massage the front part:
- Stroking. The back of the hand attach to the neck in the lower jaw and move to the sternum. Stroking should be soft and pleasant.
- Rubbing. Circular movements of the fingers RUB the muscles of the chest. Be careful not to touch the lymph nodes.
- Kneading. Fold the thumb and forefinger and slightly pinching the skin to move from the edge of the ear to the shoulder.
Despite the high efficiency of self-massage in the fight against degenerative disc disease, it must be used in combination with other therapies (swimming, acupuncture, etc.).
In this case, the result will come much faster and the disease will not be bothered for a long time.
On the video described the technique of self-massage with cervical osteochondrosis:
Contraindications and cautions
Unfortunately, to apply self-massage of the neck it is not always possible. Some injuries and diseases sensitive to manipulation, and therefore require special treatment.
The procedure is contraindicated for:
- diseases of the heart and blood vessels;
- purulent diseases;
- injury to the cervical spine;
- diseases of the blood;
- varicose veins;
- open tuberculosis;
- benign or malignant tumors;
- skin diseases;
- strong physical exertion.
Before starting therapy it is necessary to consult a doctor so as not to aggravate the course of the disease. He will establish the feasibility of self-massage, talk about the main methods of influence and will teach the technique of massaging.
The conclusion is simple
Self massage of the neck – an effective but not quite a simple procedure. However, learning to perform it once – it will serve you for a lifetime.
Enough to make massage one of your evening or morning routine – and after 5-6 sessions, you can feel significant relief.
In addition to manual therapy and medical treatment, you must do the exercises and exercises, diet and lead a healthy lifestyle.
It is recommended to take foods rich in calcium and amino acids, limit physical exertion and keep doing the workout of the neck muscles. Only comprehensive treatment and regular prevention is able to overcome the disease.