Still’s disease: manifestations, characteristics, symptoms and treatment
The symptoms and treatment of the disease still have vrolyk and children
Syndrome still is one of the forms of arthritis. When development occurs in the joints chronic form, which is accompanied by inflammatory process. Usually the disease is still common in children, the clinical picture is manifested they most often before the age of 16.
But it can occur in adults, however, somewhat less. While scientists are inclined to believe that the risk of disease above the age of 14 to 25 and 34 to 46.
It is significant that in each case the symptoms may be somewhat different. The same applies to the type of treatment, its effectiveness.
Causes of pathology
The exact causes that trigger the disease still so discovered and was not, despite numerous studies. It argued that a factor in the development of the disease can become a genetic predisposition.
Much higher risk of getting the syndrome still those who have developed rubella. Can connect the same with such viruses like parainfluenza, cytomegalovirus, Escherichia, mikroplazma. The first symptoms perhaps after several weeks of flow of pharyngitis and tonsillitis.
The symptoms characteristic of the disease
Podiatrist Dikul: «the Penny product is No. 1 to restore the normal blood supply to the joints. Back and joints will be like in 18 years, enough time in the day to smear… Read more
The disease still rich in the symptoms that can help identify it in a timely manner. It is worth considering, however, that at earlier stages it can be detected only under medical supervision. The list of manifestations of the disease still consists of:
- Fever. Characterized in that the temperature for it is never constant. Up to 40C, it can rise twice a day. Characterized by the fact that the older the age of onset this syndrome, the lower the degree of manifestation of fever. The temperature rise starts the evening, followed by fever and severe chills. In the morning it drops that is accompanied by a large perspiration. The second peak could come in late morning and the day;
- Rash. In some cases it heralds the development of the disease even for a few months. The peculiarity of the rash may be the time of its occurrence. Often this only occurs during a fever. Every day it may change. Can manifest several types of skin rashes immediately. This list includes erythema nodosum, petechia, papule, and some others;
- Pain in the joints. Myalgia may occur along with arthralgia. The development of inflammation can start with one joint and can affect gradually radiation, knee, wrist, interphalangeal and many other joints.
- The lymph nodes are. When the disease is marked increase, but the mobility they can save. If on palpation, a certain cohesion with other tissues, its growth and a reduced ability to slightly move the lymph node, it may cause even cancer;
- Pain in the throat. Often it can start the progression of the disease, which patients often confuse it with symptoms of any other infectious disease. The pain is a constant characteristic of a particular burning sensation in the throat;
- Effects on the organs. Most often, the syndrome still affects the heart and pulmonary system. Possible manifestation of aseptic pneumonitis, pericarditis, pleurisy. The peculiarity of their symptoms is the fact of their occurrence on the background of intensive antibiotic treatment. Several less common diseases such as cardiac tamponade, endocarditis and myocarditis.
A set of diagnostic techniques
The signs of the disease, though many, but to diagnose it in its early stages is quite difficult. Usually the patient is under the supervision of the rheumatologist.
A sufficient number of laboratory tests. Analysis of blood biochemistry gives a result in which we can observe the increase in the number of proteins.
There is not any factors, such as antinuclear and rheumatoid. The liver increases its activity, which can be seen in the sample of her biochemistry.
Lymph node biopsy shows non specific lesions with metastatic character. When carrying out the puncture of the joint on the synovial fluid it is possible to trace characteristic changes associated with inflammatory process.
The x-ray to determine the presence of tissue swelling, the effusion in the joint, sometimes the same, and osteoporosis.
Diagnostic criteria there are two types. For accurate diagnosis you must have several of both types.
- Still’s rash or some other kinds;
- Fever, which lasts at least a week;
- A manifestation during the two weeks of arthralgia.
- Sore throat;
- Antinuclear and rheumatoid factors negative;
- Dysfunction of the liver.
Methods of treatment
The treatment of the disease and still have adult and children is chosen strictly individually, in accordance with the symptoms, the severity of their symptoms, the body’s response to a treatment, as well as age-appropriate.
Most frequently taking anti-inflammatory drugs non-steroidal type. The length of treatment may vary and exceed three months. In addition to these drugs are also sometimes required additional therapy for the heart muscle, resulting is assigned to dexamethasone or prednisone.
The disease is still known to a rather high mortality. Therefore requires adequate and rapid response.
As it is difficult to predict the development and emergence of the disease, as it is difficult to predict and recovery. It may occur spontaneously. Possible drastic transition not only in the relapsing form, but in chronic. Most often within six months, the syndrome still disappears in 1/3 of patients.
It is significant that for from 10 months to several years, the disease may appear again. But it is noted that this occurs only once.
If the disease is accompanied by fever, which was more pronounced than usual, the clinical picture may be less favorable. Joint mobility is significantly limited.
Mortality of the syndrome is still 5% and may come from the return of the infection, or from changes in the bodies that accompany it.
After still’s disease in adults may be a manifestation of renal failure, tuberculosis, lung distress syndrome, clotting disorders and problems with the functioning of the heart. More likely to develop arthritis, enlargement of the spleen, pericarditis.
Prevention aims to prevent the occurrence of the syndrome still in the future. Better to start them already adolescence to exclude the possibility of its manifestation. Prevention lies primarily in the strengthening of the body, the gradual hardening. Be sure to be vaccinated against various infectious diseases.
Secondary preventive measures are aimed at prevention of manifestations of the disease are still at those who have already suffered. The medication that will be recommended by a doctor is needed in spring and autumn. Here include the intake of calcium and dental health of those people who are prone to frequent diseases.