Symptoms of sciatica treatment at home medicines
Modern methods of treatment of sciatica
Sciatica (classification according to ICD 10 54.4.) – lower back pain radiating to one or both legs.
It spreads through the buttock, and back of the leg to the toes.
At this violation involved the spinal cord — sciatic nerve.
The pain may be different, but this is often burning, gnawing, growing pain. Apply it on the sciatic nerve. The patient has a feeling of heat or chill.
The causes of pathology
The pathogenesis of the following disorders: pain occurs when the nerve irritation due to compression, damage or inflammation. Pain may increase when the muscle in the affected area is tense, broken its power, there are knots and bumps.
Reasons sciatica occurs:
- osteochondrosis of the spine;
- arthritis of the spinal disc;
- osteoporosis of the spine and pelvic bones;
- scoliosis, spondylitis;
- congenital lesions of the vertebrae;
- tumors, abscesses in the lumbar region;
- tumors of internal organs;
- disease of large vessels, causing impaired blood flow in the lower back;
- loss of muscle, hip joint;
- injuries to the lower back;
- complications after surgery;
- failed injection into the epidural region;
- severe infection with lesions of the nerve trunks;
- sciatica without specific reasons.
The factors causing the appearance of the syndrome:
- degenerative age-related changes in the spine,
- frequent stress;
- problems with posture;
- classes are hard work;
Classification of the disease
Podiatrist Dikul: «the Penny product is No. 1 to restore the normal blood supply to the joints. Back and joints will be like in 18 years, enough time in the day to smear… Read more
Often such forms of the disease:
- Musculo-tonic – appears upon irritation of the nerve root and surrounding structures. This impact causes muscle-tonic muscle tension, which causes compression of adjacent vessels and nerve fibers.The reason for the pain is too high a burden on undeveloped muscles, pathology of development of the hip joints or disorders of the digestive tract and pelvis.
- Neurodystrophic is a continuation of muscle shape abnormalities. In this form often there are trophic changes in the skin, and in some cases even ulcers. By touching the diseased part can be detected with a bumpy structure of the muscles in the joints of the knee and hip nodes.
Strong burning pain increasing in the night, is concentrated in the lumbar area and popliteal fossa. Often at night the patient has convulsions gastrocnemius muscles, and he may notice the limited mobility of the hip joint.
This form lesions can be distinguished from other such signs:
- soreness in the lower back that lasts through the long time – up to several years;
- AEDA communication of pain in lower back and leg joints;
- the defeat of large joints of one or both legs;
Vegetative-vascular a left or right lesion is characterized by a combination of unpleasant sensations: a burning or aching pain that increases when changing the position of the feet; numbness of the feet, heat or cold to the affected part.
Externally, the violation can be recognized as color change and dry skin, swelling in the area of the ankle. Prolonged pain is observed blanching of the skin of the toes and reducing surge on the back of the foot.
Often the signs of sciatica are simultaneously mixed form of the disease.
Also, the syndrome may be:
- acute — primary emerging syndrome;
- chronic with acute periods alternating with remissions.
Due to there being:
- Vertebral (connected with the spine): discogenic, spondylogenic.
- Nevertebralnah: angiospasticescoy, myofascial, with the defeat of organs of the peritoneum, due to pathologies of the hip joint.
Details about vertebrogenic sciatica
In the spread of pain:
- unilateral (right and left sciatica)— gives one a limb;
- bilateral — gives in with both feet.
The symptoms and signs of sciatica
- stiffness in the lower back;
- increase of pain when you change body position;
- «recoil» pain along the nerve in the movements;
- locking the back in position, slightly bent forward;
- because of the violation of the blood color change and skin temperature of the feet;
- pain that occurs during stepping on the leg.
The disease is benign in nature, and therefore treated quite successfully.
Therefore, it is important to start treatment of sciatica as early as possible, not allowing the process to progress.
When such symptoms should immediately contact the medical centre: the back pain after injury, fever, swelling or redness of the spine, decreased sensitivity of organs of small pelvis and legs, uncontrolled urination or defecation.
Methods of examination of patient with suspicion on such a defeat:
- x-rays of the spine;
- MRI or CT of the spine, hip joint, blood vessels;
- Ultrasound and MRI of the abdominal area;
- blood tests for markers of infections and lesions of the immune system.
How to treat the disease
For the treatment of lower back pain you must wear corsets, sleep on special mattresses.
How to treat sciatica solves only the doctor. The majority of pathology are successfully responding to therapy.
Treatment is aimed at neutralizing trigger the disease and elimination of pain.
In the acute period, the patient needed rest (2 weeks) and reception joining certain drugs.
In the treatment of the disease prescribe such drugs:
- Pain — injections or tablets non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (brufen, Movalis), narcotic analgesics (lyrics, katadolon).
- Muscle relaxants is to neutralize the spasm of the muscles (sirdalud, mydocalm).
- Diuretic, against oedema of the nerve trunks (lasix).
- Procaine blockade in the spinal area with the unbearable pain — the blockade with corticosteroids (diprospan, hydrocortisone).
- Sedatives (phenazepam, Relanium).
- B vitamins — to enhance nerve conduction and muscle recovery (milgamma, neuromultivit).
- Activators of blood flow (trental, Actovegin).
- Local analgesics — ointments, creams and non-steroidal components (diklak, Fastum-gel).
Effective for the treatment procedures:
- electrophoresis with drugs;
- treatment microcurrents;
- magnetic therapy;
All procedures are selected by the doctor taking into account contraindications and the nature of the underlying violation. Osteochondrosis used manipulation and traction of the spine.
After the lifting of restrictions on movement and pain is prescribed physical therapy course:
- muscle strain;
- exercises to improve mobility of the spine and hip joints;
- stretching of the spine anatomical the couch;
- exercises on special equipment;
Along with the standard treatment it is possible to use homeopathic remedies. They positively affect the whole body, activate the processes of self-regulation and self-healing.
The most effective medicine «Traumeel-S», «Goal-Y». They consist of herbal complexes, minerals, chondroprotectors, relieving inflammation, improving blood circulation, metabolic processes, restoration of cartilages and bones.
Sciatica treatment at home:
- rubbing the affected part with the fat badger;
- wearing belts made of wool dogs;
- compresses with the infusion of birch buds;
- bath with a decoction of pine needles;
- applying warming patches;
- rubbing the composition of vegetable oil and ammonia (2:1);
- lotions of grated horseradish, black radish.
With frequent exacerbations may exercise the surgical treatment of the disease.
It is often necessary when the herniated disc, compressed nerve roots, causing partial paralysis, a syndrome «a horse tail», the presence of the tumor, etc.
After the intervention, the patient must be a long recovery, consisting of massage, acupuncture, physical therapy, taking vitamins.
An important nuance in the treatment is the use of psychotherapy, can affect the patient’s behavior in a difficult situation.
The doctor will explain the procedure for the change of human behaviour, helps get rid of harmful habits, conducts trainings for the rejection of negative thoughts to eliminate depression.
The patient must develop useful skills and abilities for relaxation, muscle relaxation, withdrawal from the pain.
At the onset of bouts of defeat, you must contact your doctor syndrome can be symptoms of serious diseases.
After receiving prescriptions, it is important to learn how to resolve an attack: have at hand the necessary means to take a contrast shower, influence of dry heat on the affected area.
In the period of remission need to have an active lifestyle, to wear bandages to sleep on a special mattress.
How to prevent lower back pain
- not to stay long in an uncomfortable position;
- do not wear shoes with heels;
- to sit on comfortable chairs;
- at work to perform relaxing exercises;
- do not wear heavy;
- not SuperCool;
- to stop Smoking;
- to normalize the weight;
- time to treat lesions of joints, spine, blood vessels.
Back pain is a serious symptom that requires attention and immediate reaction. Treatment of disorders is quite lengthy and not always effective, therefore, a timely warning will help you to protect yourself from unpleasant surprises in the future.
Constant care and attention to the needs of the body will give you the opportunity to live a life without pain and limitations.
Sciatica — non-hazardous to life the disease is treatable. In compliance with all requirements of doctors and attentive approach to health possible long remission or the absolute cessation of pain.