Tendinosis tendons of the shoulder, knee and hip joint
Joints tendinosis — causes and treatment depending on localization
Tendinosis is a disease that affects the area of tendons and muscles.
Often the inflammation occurs in the attachment of the ligament to the bone, it happens that the inflammation extends throughout the tendon.
Tendinosis tendons is characterized by the occurrence of severe pain and impaired activity in the injured place.
These symptoms indicate the development of pathology and require urgent treatment, as there is a danger of separation of the tendon from the bone with subsequent surgical intervention.
Causes of inflammatory processes
During exercise or other physical stress on the body, there is a possibility of microtrauma of muscles, tendons or connective tissue. After loads of fabric revived their structure for the subsequent exercise or training activities.
In the absence of the required rest, the tissues fail to regenerate, the process of fatigue is delayed, resulting in the development of the disease.
The reasons can be:
- Constant excessive physical loads. At risk of the disease include athletes, or people working physically.
- Age older than 40 years. With age, ligaments lose their strength and elasticity, thereby being exposed to microtraumas.
- A weak immune system. Tendons and tissue are unable to fully recover after a load, and do not possess the required strength to prevent injuries due to weak body resistance to external factors.
- Incorrect posture.
- Wearing shoes with high heels.
- Bacterial infection.
- The development of allergies to medications.
Classification of the disease
Podiatrist Dikul: «the Penny product is No. 1 to restore the normal blood supply to the joints. Back and joints will be like in 18 years, enough time in the day to smear… Read more
Depending on the area of damage and the nature of the disease, there are several types tendinosis:
- Inflammation of the tendons of the knee joint. It develops mainly in athletes the result of increased load on the lower limbs. This kind of disease is known as «jumper’s knee». The inflammation occurs in the ligament behind the knee that is responsible for flexion and extension of the legs. At an early stage of development of such disease is difficult to diagnose, manifests itself in unpleasant sensations at sudden movements. Then the pain during movement is enhanced after — persists even at rest. Ligament can get injured due to improper technique of running, frequent jumping, when training on the hard surface.
- Inflammation of the hip joint (greater trochanter). Inflammation can occur in different areas of the pelvic region. Improper training loads can inflame the tendon of the long adductor muscle, tendon iliac-lumbar muscles, tendons of the abductor muscles. In all cases the appearance of acute pain and restricting movement.
- Tendinosis of the elbow. Develops as a result of a succession of sharp hand movements involving the elbow joint. Can occur in athletes — tennis players, for violation of game or baseball players with frequent and long-term load.
- Lose the shoulder joint. Disease of this kind is formed as a result of injury of the tendons attaching the shoulder muscles to the humerus. This type of disease affects not only athletes but also people engaged in heavy physical labor. Trauma may occur, for example, the sudden weight lifting.
Symptoms and signs of disease
The symptoms of the disease:
- the occurrence of painful sensations in the affected, injured area, initially, pain occurs only after prolonged exertions, and then gradually fades away, and later becomes more intense;
- palpation of the injured tendon pain;
- when moving the injured limb audible crunch;
- the location of the inflammation reddened and hardened.
Diagnosis of the patient takes place in connection with the occurrence of pain during exercise. First of all, the traumatologist – the orthopedist performs the palpation of muscles and tendons to determine the injured areas and the degree of limitation of motion.
For a more detailed diagnosis using ultrasound or x-ray examination.
What treatments recommended by doctors?
Treatment tendinosis hip, knee and other joints depends on the stage of the disease.
In the diagnosis at an early stage, the disease can be eliminated with conservative methods of treatment.
Specialists recommended rest, cold, anti-inflammatory drugs, rest injured hamstring, also used magnetic therapy. Also used in the treatment of different gels and ointments, which are applied to the inflammation.
In the acute stage of the development tendinosis patient recommended exercises that strengthen the muscles and tendons under the supervision of a specialist, so as not to aggravate the injury. The injured area is fixed in a stationary state with bandages or bandaging.
The chronic form of inflammation
In chronic tendinoses, using magnetic nuclear resonance, detect the inflamed areas, which are subjected to the treatment by surgical intervention. After surgery the patient is recommended rest and rehabilitation, which lasts 2-3 months.
In this period it is necessary to do physical therapy, which strengthens and rehabilitates the tendon and also restores and maintains strength. Athletes after surgery return to sports activities are permitted after 3-4 months.
How to prevent the disease
To prevent various injuries and complications are recommended with special attention and care to approach the process of implementation of training or other physical activity.
It is important to perform warm-up, stretching, avoid sudden movements and too prolonged exercise. It is also unacceptable to dramatically increase the load and hard to train one group of muscles.
People who are engaged in physical labor, should also efficiently distribute the load, to avoid lifting excessive weights. Performing all these simple rules will become a good preventive measure in preventing the emergence and development of tendinosis.