Than to treat perihodit the ear, rib, sternum, larynx
The causes and treatments of perichondritis
Perichondrium is diagnosed infrequently and is an inflammatory process occurring in the perichondrium.
This fabric is, to some extent, performs a protective function, protecting the cartilage of the joints, and also ensuring their growth and nutrition.
If we consider the localization of the inflammatory process, usually suffers the auricle, larynx or intercostal area.
Features of the disease
The disease is structural changes in the perichondrium, and this means that the cartilage is deprived of nutrition as a different source of receipt of the required elements is missing.
Sometimes the periosteum functions are compared with the perichondrium in the course of pathological processes, but if dies the shell is bone, then it has the opportunity to benefit from the bone marrow, and cartilage are not.
It in this disease, and there may be a situation where the consequences of inflammatory reactions of the perichondrium leads to necrosis of the cartilage.
The most frequently diagnosed perihodit the ear, than the ribs or larynx.
The cause of the inflammation
Podiatrist Dikul: «the Penny product is No. 1 to restore the normal blood supply to the joints. Back and joints will be like in 18 years, enough time in the day to smear… Read more
Inflammation is provoked in connection with the development of infection, and this can happen in the presence of the following factors:
- Injury. Violation of the integrity of tissues can lead to infections and inflammation. In connection with the injuries begin to form a breach of the exchange reactions, power cells, there is a risk of infection that leads to negative consequences, including tissue death. Very often Perehodit-based traumas are diagnosed in men, including those engaged in martial arts;
- Microbial destruction of the body, passing into the region of the perichondrium. It can be as severe infections, influenza, otitis media, viral pathology.
- Effects of chemotherapy that most characteristic of damage to the perichondrium of the larynx.
The main causes of the disease are associated with the penetration of infection in surrounding and feeding the tissue, infection of the site. No hereditary predisposition to inflammation of the area of perichondrium is not found.
Classification of the disease
There is a division of perichondritis on sites or areas of localization:
- Inflammation of the ear. The most common inflammation arising in connection with injuries and
under the influence of the trapped bacteria, is often a consequence of otitis media. Pain is present with different intensity, depending on the condition of the lesion. Ear even visually deformed, there are swelling and even the discoloration. Perichondrium of the ear is easily diagnosed, treatable, the key is to do it in a timely manner before the onset of consequences for the whole organism and organ of hearing in particular. In advanced stages surgery is assigned, and optionally additional cosmetic correction;
- Disease of the larynx. The disease is quite severe due to the specific structure of the cartilage of the larynx, the restoration of which is difficult. Usually the inflammation of the larynx is formed as a result of concomitant serious dysfunctions of the body, in particular, cancer, syphilis, tuberculosis and so on. In some cases, that radiation therapy triggers the destruction and tissue necrosis. The process is accompanied by the formation of abscesses, the opening of which is dangerous to the respiratory tract and esophagus;
- Inflammation of rib and intercostal space. About modification of the cartilage tissue takes place mainly in connection with the injury. Optional symptoms will appear immediately, perhaps after some time, but the period of the acute stage can be very long, up to 90-100 days. The condition is quite painful and can develop rapidly into new areas of cartilage. The main reason of this kind of perichondritis – open trauma, rarely an outbreak within the body. Treatment can be lengthy, including surgery. Receiving only painkillers without proper treatment leads to necrosis of the cartilage, the spread of foci of nagnoenia.
In addition to differences in locations, the process of inflammation may be purulent or aseptic.
The latest version runs Tietze’s syndrome and occurs mainly in the area of attachment of the cartilages of the ribs to the sternum.
At the initial stage occurs in the form of seals, and the development of the disease start to occur processes such as the formation of deposits or calcification, reducing the space between the ribs. For suppurative form is characterized by the formation of substances, whose removal is possible only surgically.
The process takes place with destruction of the cartilage, the formation of fistulas. For aseptic cases typically decrease symptoms and often is sufficient conservative treatment.
Approach to diagnosis and treatment
Depending on the location of problem sites and forms of development (purulent or aseptic perehodit) the doctor takes a decision regarding future treatment.
If the case is not running, then you can do the conservative treatment, in case of substantial losses, the development of necrosis or other adverse events may be recommended surgery.
For accurate diagnosis and for the study of cartilage, surrounding tissues and inflammatory foci, the analysis of blood, urine. If there is suspicion of pericentric ribs, it can be recommended an MRI.
As treatment possible to use the following options:
- Antibiotics. Since the susceptibility of septic connections to antibiotics may be different, to increase the efficiency of first doing research. Taking part of the pus, check the resistance of the bacteria to the different components of antibiotics, and then pick up the drug.
- Antihistamines, to prevent the typical allergic reactions, swelling and so on.
- Antiseptic preparations. They should be used when possible local effects on the site. It can special packs, for example, boric acid, dissolved antibiotic ointment.
- Exposure to ultraviolet light and other methods of physiotherapy.
- Surgery. The operation may be directed to cleaning or removing the source, the elimination of the cartilage, which is practiced in the syndrome of Tietze’s, rib perichondritis.
- A tonic that increase the body’s resistance, stimulate the immune system.
The treatment of the disease and the feasibility of surgical intervention is determined solely by the doctor. Folk remedies, self-treatment without prior examination and diagnosis would have serious consequences.
Dangerous than the disease?
Timely measures to treatment provide an opportunity to get rid of the disease without serious consequences, it is important to do this in a timely manner.
If there is a purulent perichondrium, such a cluster of bacteria is dangerous not only for surrounding tissue, but also for the whole organism.
The infection can affect the internal organs. Surgery for an ear infection involve a visual change of the shell, which sometimes requires the cosmetic procedures and corrections.
Many diseases are easier to get early and better to consult a doctor for examination and diagnosis, than to spend long and not always cheap treatment.