The ganglion cyst foot — causes, symptoms, diagnosis, photos and treatment
What characteristic of a ganglion cyst of the foot: symptoms and treatment
What is a ganglion cyst of the foot and the essence of the disease?
Pathology manifests itself in the form of a benign tumor in the region of the foot and is characterized by the accumulation of fluid (mucus or impurities of fibrin), which is formed in the serous Bursa of the joint.
This pathology is rare.
Pathology is often localized on the dorsal side of the foot, where is the synovium.
The trauma surgeon there are the following reasons which may occur ganglion cyst:
- wearing poorly chosen shoes;
- heavy physical load on the foot;
- trauma joint;
- hereditary factor;
- chronic disease, supporting an inflammatory character.
Risk factors for pathology include people, reinforced in sport where the main emphasis falls not feet, and whose activity is associated with a long stay on his feet.
Symptoms and diagnosis of the disease
Education, lokalizirutesa in the foot, slowly succumbs to sprawl. For a long time of its existence, it can grow up to 3 cm and not causing any inconvenience to the owner.
During the growth of education, the person feels a slight dull pain in the foot that happens as a result of stretching of the shoulder Bursa. In sports or heavy loads on the foot the pain is worse.
The main manifestations of hygroma of the foot include the following symptoms:
- redness of the skin;
- nagging pain with movement or pressure in the region of the foot;
- rounded education, accompanied by a little soreness during the growth;
- the immobility and smoothness of the ganglion or Vice versa thickening and roughness.
Symptoms can manifest themselves in different ways — it depends on the location of the tumor and the individual occurrence of the pathological process. In some patients, the joints may reduce mobility. The disease can take a chronic form, which is characterized by attacks of severe pain over a long period.
A ganglion cyst on the foot detected by palpation (feeling) and visual examination by a doctor. The diagnosis be based on history and clinical symptoms. Sometimes can be assigned:
- radiography (to exclude lesions of the articular bones);
- Ultrasound (to determine the structure of education);
- MRI (to identify nodes).
- puncture (analysis of the contents of the capsule hygroma).
The method of differential diagnosis of selected specialist.
How to get rid of the disease?
Podiatrist Dikul: «the Penny product is No. 1 to restore the normal blood supply to the joints. Back and joints will be like in 18 years, enough time in the day to smear… Read more
Treatments hygrometers, depending on the size of the pathology and degree of neglect of the disease. If the process of tumor development is at an early stage, you can deal with it using conservative treatment and traditional medicine. In advanced cases will be able to help surgical treatment.
- of an application with the use of paraffin and mud;
- treatment warm.
- physiotherapy — electrophoresis with iodine and ultrasound.
Quite effective methods are also the following procedures:
- Crush. The formation of gags with a strong pressing on it with fingers or a flat object. As a result, the cyst bursts and its contents poured out into the tissues that are near. After some time the liquid is absorbed;
- Puncture. Characterized by the excretion of the syringe contents from the cavity of hygroma with subsequent filling of glucocorticoid hormones or antibiotics.
After these procedures, the foot is fixed with a plaster or orthodontic retainer for a week. It is necessary to reduce the process of reduction of fluid in the synovial bag.
If education begins to recur and increase rapidly in size, will help only surgical intervention.
Indications for removal hygroma foot with surgery are:
- severe pain in the foot;
- the limitation;
- rapid growth;
- complications (redness, suppuration, swelling).
The removal procedure is carried out by bursectomy or laser vaporization. The purpose of one other method is to excise completely the capsule of the ganglion, including abnormal areas of tissue:
- Bursectomy. The surgeon removes with the scalpel capsule hygroma of the foot together with its base, the wound was washed, and then sewn up. The operation continues up to 20-30 minutes. In conclusion, the joint is fixed with a plaster Longuet or compressive bandage. Recovery occurs in 7-20 days after surgery.
- Laser removal. This method has several advantages. Under the influence of laser hygroma is destroyed completely. The procedure is painless, does not carry the blood loss, subsequent rubtsevania and eliminates the development of complications. After surgery as shown a retentive bandage.
Surgical intervention, in both the first and the second case is conducted with the use of anesthesia.
Traditional methods of treatment
Treatment hygroma foot folk remedies are good to use in combination with conservative treatment – this will help to get rid of hygroma.
Consider some effective recipes of time-tested:
- To clean a cabbage leaf spread with a thin layer of honey and apply to areas of the feet, where he established a tumor, from the top to secure the bandage in 3 hours. Over time it will compress to replace;
- 2 tbsp. /l. of sea salt dissolved in a glass of water, and add red clay. Mix well. The resulting composition apply a thick layer on the area of higroma and fix. Go with this poultice you need a day, as drying clay, the bandage moistened with water;
- Grind fresh tarragon, and apply to the lesion, pin.
If improvements are seen, one should consult a specialist and discuss with him the question of possible surgical treatment.
Preventive measures to prevent diseases
Prevention is the choice and wearing of comfortable shoes, the exception of a strong surge brake, warning them of the trauma, as well as in timely treatment of comorbidities.