The polyosteoarthrosis of the hands, knee and other joints: treatment, causes, prevention
True causes and effective treatment polyosteoarthrosis
The polyosteoarthrosis is a chronic and rather unpleasant disease, which is caused by gradual destruction of cartilage, and over time and changes in the bone tissue of the joints.
The prefix «poly» in the name of the diagnosis involves the simultaneous development of the disease is not in one joint, but several, often three. Most often, the polyosteoarthrosis applies to knee joints, hands, feet, but sometimes the disease affects the spine.
Usually the disease progresses in people who have reached the age of fifty. The disease is not inflammatory, does not affect the internal organs, but too reduces the patient’s quality of life due to severe pain and limitation of motor function of the joints.
Causes and predisposing factors
The polyosteoarthrosis may develop as an independent disease, and secondary, arising on a background of other chronic conditions.
The main reasons polyosteoarthrosis joints are:
- Mechanical mile, when the cartilage of a joint the weight is distributed unevenly. This problem occurs if the curvature of the legs, curvature of the spine, at any degree of flat foot, congenital dislocation of the hip. At risk of acquiring disease athletes and people engaged in physically heavy work.
- Hormonal disturbances and metabolic processes in endocrine diseases: diabetes mellitus, obesity, diseases of thyroid, menopause in women. Pathology entails the failure of the process of formation of new cells of cartilage tissue, significantly reduces the production of their collagen.
- Long-term and uncontrolled use of corticosteroids, which contribute to slowing of regenerative processes in cartilage.
- Failure of blood circulation in Podhradie layer of bone tissue. This problem can happen due to chronic heart failure or inflammatory disease.
- A significant factor in the development of polyosteoarthrosis is heredity (especially in the female line). It has to do with genetics defects in the structure of collagen molecules, leading to decreased resistance of articular cartilage damage and the weakening of the connective tissue structures of the joint, which causes an increased load on articular cartilage.
The polyosteoarthrosis develops mainly in the hands, the hip, knee, elbow and interphalangeal joints.
As will manifest itself, «evil beast»?
Podiatrist Dikul: «the Penny product is No. 1 to restore the normal blood supply to the joints. Back and joints will be like in 18 years, enough time in the day to smear… Read more
The disease develops according to a standard scenario:
- First there is stiffness in the joints and difficulty in movement immediately after the dream, the symptom resolves on its own within half an hour.
- In diseased joints there is pain. At first she felt only after physical activity (sports, long walk), over time, the pain may be continuous and occur even in a state of complete rest.
- In severe form of the disease changes the shape of the joints: the fingers and toes become crooked, deformed bones, the pain becomes unbearable and may paralyze the movement.
The signs shall be cause for immediate treatment to the doctor for complete examination, diagnosis and appointment needs therapy.
Specialist rheumatologist puts a diagnosis on the basis of visual inspection, laboratory tests (clinical analysis, rheumatology test) and radiography of the affected joints.
X-rays are able to identify existing pathology in both stages:
- narrowing or absence of the joint space;
- small enlightenment in the bone under the articular cartilage in the bones of phalanges of the fingers;
- deformation and thinning of the cartilage layer;
- the presence of osteophytes;
- heberdens nodes;
- excess fluid in the joint capsule;
- the increase of the joint space;
- seal of the cartilage layer of the bone;
- obvious deformity of the joints.
The complex of therapeutic measures
Treating polyosteoarthrosis should solve such tasks:
- eliminating the painful symptoms;
- the strengthening of cartilage;
- strengthening the circulation of blood in the vessels;
- the restoration of the norms of the synovial fluid;
- strengthening the muscles and ligaments that can reduce the pressure on painful joints;
- elimination of limited mobility, can lead to disability.
To achieve a positive treatment outcome need to reveal the exact cause of the development of polyosteoarthrosis, as it depends on the selection of regimens.
The of medication should deal only with physician, self-medication is strictly contraindicated.
On the cartilage tissue has a positive effect Chondroitin sulfate and Glucosamine – chondroprotector that result from the use of which remains even after the end of the therapeutic course.
For stage 1 disease, they are able to actively influence the cartilage tissue. In phase 2, Hondo drugs if not able to restore, it will suspend the process of destruction. At the last stage of the disease effect from the use of chondroprotectors not observed.
For the treatment of pain are appointed by Nimesulide, Indomethacin, Diclofenac, Acetaminophen. «Minus» of such drugs is that they have many side effects, including the inability of cartilage to heal itself.
Unbearable pain when used intra-articular blockade of hormonal therapy.
At strong deterioration of the joints and inability of human movement, comes to the rescue surgery – joint replacement in which the diseased joint is replaced completely or partially.
In the treatment of disease in combination with medical drugs are prescribed physiotherapy:
- laser therapy;
- magnetic therapy;
- shock wave therapy;
Folk remedies in traditional
1-2 stages polyosteoarthrosis allowed treatment of folk remedies. Guarantee the cure of the disease, of course not, but worth a try:
- 30 Bay leaves to put in an enamel saucepan, pour into it half a liter of boiling water, put on stove and boil for 4-5 minutes, then ready broth let stand 3 hours. The resulting drink to be consumed in small SIPS up to 12 hours. The duration of treatment 3 days, then rest 7 days and repeat the course.
- Wide cloth dipped in hot water, squeeze and fold in several layers. In the middle to put 1 tsp of gelatin and distribute it across the surface. Tissue to impose on the sore spot, wrap with plastic, cover with a woolen scarf or a scarf, lock. Compress do at night during the week.
- Fresh burdock leaf to boil in boiling water 5 minutes, cool, apply to the affected area, wrap with foil, top with a towel and leave overnight.
Complications and consequences
With treating polyosteoarthrosis can not be tightened, as the disease may cause severe complications. Complicates treatment of the disease and the fact that the pathology involved several joints.
A frequent consequence of the disease is severe deformation of the hands and fusiform thickening of the fingers.
The damage to the knee joints is fraught with partial loss of mobility of the lower extremities, sometimes there is a persistent lameness.
Complication polyosteoarthrosis of the hip joint can be the inability of motor activity and disability.
How to avoid problems?
In order to prevent polyosteoarthrosis must strictly follow the body weight for height using the formula: height (cm) minus 100.
Allowed to exceed the norm by no more than 5 kg.
Middle-aged people, older than 40 years, particularly those with a genetic predisposition to the disease, you need to:
- remove from the usual menu of food with high calorie content;
- to exercise;
- to attend classes in the swimming pool;
- alternate the stress on the joints and give them rest;
- to avoid long-term fixed positions.
Treating polyosteoarthrosis is a long process that takes more than a week or a month. Should be patient and stock up on willpower every day to fight the disease, but in this case it is possible to achieve a positive result.
The initial stage of the disease requires improvement of nutrition, bringing weight to the optimum value, the saturation of the organism with minerals, trace elements, vitamins. It is necessary to monitor their health, and miracle pill, curing the polyosteoarthrosis does not exist.
Therefore, the victory over the invisible enemy depends on the patient and strict implementation of individual recommendations of the doctor.