The positive and negative of the symptom’s symptom to identify and cure
For what disease characteristic symptom of tension’s symptom?
The first symptom of occurrence of pain in the lower back and sciatic nerve during flexion of the straight leg in the hip joint was first described by the French physician’s symptom.
The syndrome was then called by the name of this physician.
To understand the essence of the syndrome should pay attention to the biggest nerve human sciatic, which is formed by the nerve roots of the spinal cord.
If traumatic impact or excessive tension on this nerve causes the person lying on the back, sharp pain when the limb trying to lift or bend, the symptoms of tension’s symptom.
Neurological evaluation of the syndrome
This is a test that is used in this area when the doctor suspects the patient has a disease of the nervous system or spine.
To make a proper diagnosis, it is necessary to identify areas of pathology in the spine, in which the body, trying to put protection, forming blocks and is pinching the nerve roots.
To find such site and try checking the patient for this symptom.
Important rules for verification are as follows:
- smooth lifting of the lower extremities;
- the termination of the manipulation of the foot even with a slight angle of leg lift, if the painful syndrome;
- inspection is performed without anesthesia, so that the test results were not distorted.
In medicine there is the concept of positive and negative symptoms a’s symptom.
To determine accurately the presence of the symptoms of tension possible, if the patient will adopt a position lying on the back. The doctor gently lifts the patient’s leg as the latter does not feel the sciatic nerve pain.
The syndrome’s symptom may be:
- A positive sign is recognized, if when lifting the feet of the patient 30° in the limbs there is a feeling of pain. It takes place at a gradual flexion of the lower limb in the knee and hip. This symptom may indicate a compression of the lumbar and sacral roots, which often occurs in osteochondrosis.
- In case if the pain does not disappear in the process of bending the legs in the hip or knee region of the symptom’s symptom is called negative, and the pain can be caused by pathology of these parts of the limb. A patient with this clinical picture during the examination must be diagnosed further to identify the real causes of pain.
- Pain in the lower limbs are often psychogenic in nature. They often occur in hysterical women. When the diagnosis is usually the relationship between the change in the position of the legs and symptoms from the patient is not detected. Pseudobrotherly symptom may also be diagnosed in a person with weak muscles back of the thigh. Typically, such signs are noted in older people.
Practice shows that the appearance of pain when lifting his feet to 70°indicates the presence of pathology in the joint. Consultation of orthopedist, which defines the pathology of the thigh muscles.
Causes and risk factors
Podiatrist Dikul: «the Penny product is No. 1 to restore the normal blood supply to the joints. Back and joints will be like in 18 years, enough time in the day to smear… Read more
The cause of the syndrome tension can be the appearance of a herniated or degenerative disc disease.
Fibers of the sciatic nerve have a certain value, and therefore, cannot be extended indefinitely. But the development of these diseases makes fiber pererastayut when they bend around the resulting bulge, which leads to pain from the pathology.
The most frequent cause of a symptom include herniated disc in the lumbar region.
If there is a loss, the pain felt in the thigh and lower leg.
It is necessary to Supplement the examination by MRI and x-rays.
Risks from tension of the sciatic nerve related to the fact that when it is endangered or shortening due to herniated discs perhaps the destruction of neural connections.
This can lead to the development of paralysis.
The degree of development
Study regarding this syndrome is when the patient is on his back with passive movement of his foot in 3 phases:
- lifting the leg at an angle of 60°;
- bending it in the knee joint at 45°;
- unbending in the knee joint (angle 30°).
The severity of the syndrome of tension is determined by 3 degrees:
- First degree. It is characterized by a slight pain that appear when lower limb is lifted under an angle of 60°.
- Second degree. Pain occurs when the leg is raised at 45°, the autonomic reaction will be moderate. Individual muscles are drastically reduced.
- Third degree. When the limb is raised to 30°, there is a strong contraction of muscles, vegetative reaction manifests itself in a sharp form.
Identification of symptom
The clinical picture of the syndrome, tension manifests as a result of the disturbance in the nerve endings of the sacral plexus or spinal roots.
Symptoms depending on the extent manifested in the following way.
Symptom considered positive, if in the first phase, the direction of the straight leg up at an angle there is intense pain in the outer or back part of the Shin or the thigh, in the next phase, the pain disappears or decreases, and then the pain reappears.
Feature is the disappearance of pain when the knee is bent or the hip joint. This happens due to the relaxation of certain roots.
Doctors there are the following symptoms indicating the presence of the patient syndrome’s symptom:
- pain when lifting the lower extremity;
- when bending the knee and hip joints and the pain stops;
- when raised healthy limb pain felt in the leg (cross-symptom);
- during the test numb the skin of the anterior thigh.
The doctors never make a diagnosis only on the basis of the test because people have different pain threshold. For more reliable information, this test is combined with the symptom of Bekhterev-Fierstein.
When it is determined the pathological signs of tension of the sciatic nerve revealed after the tests, the neurologist directs the patient for further examination, using the methods of hardware diagnostics.
Assigned survey methods of computer and magnetic resonance tomography or carried out x-ray examination of the spine. Because of this the diagnosis is established most reliably.
Diseases causing syndrome
To diseases when the sciatic nerve comes in a spanned state includes:
- Vertebral osteochondrosis in the lumbar region. This is the most common cause of the symptom’s symptom. The pain is the result of pinching of the vertebra S1. Osteochondrosis is observed numbness of the skin in the area where pain that shoots into the buttock.
- The defeat of the sciatic nerve. The pain around the nerve is called sciatica. A possible cause of the disease are infections, diabetes, intoxication.
- Bechterew’s Disease. It is characterized by pain caused by deposition of calcium salts in the ligaments of the spine.
- Sciatica. The signs of tension are added cross-symptom (pain in the limb, marked by raised the healthy leg) and symptom Neri (lower back pain associated with flexion of head).
- The syndrome can occur with a herniated disc, negative changes in the thigh muscles, joints, and tumors.
Treatment of diseases, which accompanies the symptom’s symptom is drug therapy with painkillers, physical therapy, acupuncture, the use of orthopedic corrective means.
Well help relieve pain therapeutic blockade with anesthetics and relief after the patient applies manual therapy, only on the advice of a doctor.
A positive result is the first stage of assessing the patient’s condition in the complex. It allows you to pay attention to the appearance of pathological processes in the organism, to determine the lesion and begin his treatment.