The reasons for the development of myositis of the back muscles, the symptoms and treatment of the disease
The symptoms and treatment of myositis of the back muscles
Myositis of the back muscles is a violation of their contractile ability that develops due to the deterioration of blood circulation and inflammatory processes. Dorsal myositis occurs in two forms – acute and long-term chronic.
In the phase of remission the person doesn’t feel any unpleasant symptoms, but under the influence of any provoking factor myositis begins again to manifest with pain and significant limitation of motion of the lumbar region, problems with the movements observed in the lower extremities.
That provokes the manifestation of the disease
In the survey of patients found that myositis is most often develops under the influence of the following reasons:
- Infectious or parasitic diseases. In acute infections of any organs is a disturbance in the functioning of the immune system and accumulates toxins in large quantity, they begin to act adversely on the structure of the muscles. Infection with helminths not only poisons the body, also eggs some of them are deposited in the fibers of the muscles.
- Physical stress. Inflammation of the back muscles often develops after a reinforced or mismatched workouts.
- Prolonged exposure for most of the day in an uncomfortable position. Being in a forced position of the man, not wishing to demand too much of the muscles and changes their normal physiological position.
- Injury or hypothermia. Very often the myositis appears if on the back there is a strong load and cold.
- Violation of the General metabolism, due to diseases of the internal organs, spine, bones. When disturbed metabolism of the necessary to supply the muscle fibers and vitamins and minerals are not completely digested and the muscles can’t work in the right amount.
- Muscle cramps, developing due to prolonged overstrain of the dorsal spine, for example when swimming.
In patients with myositis with careful questioning often reveals the simultaneous effect of several adverse factors, which reinforces the symptoms of the disease. There is also a certain category of people who have identified predisposing to the emergence of dorsal myositis diseases and professional factors.
The risk groups include:
- Patients with osteochondrosis, radiculitis, herniated disc, scoliosis.
- Specialty driver, professional athlete, operators of computers. The disease often develops in those people who are in the cold season are forced to do manual labor in the cold.
- Patients with neuroses.
To precipitating factor of myositis can be attributed to a General decrease in the protective forces of the organism.
The disease often occurs in those people who periodically suffer from different respiratory diseases.
Classification of forms of the disease
Podiatrist Dikul: «the Penny product is No. 1 to restore the normal blood supply to the joints. Back and joints will be like in 18 years, enough time in the day to smear… Read more
Myositis is divided into acute and chronic, the course of the disease depends on the underlying cause of the pathological process.
- The acute phase of the disease begins with the appearance of intense pain in a particular muscle group. Typically, patients indicate the specific localization of the inflammatory process. Acute myositis can go pretty quickly, but it does not indicate that the disease is completely gone.
- Chronic myositis develops after the acute phase. The majority of patients do not suspect that disturbing the pain is not gone, until myositis again worsen. With each exacerbation myositis spreads to nearby located muscles, which results in prolonged course of untreated chronic forms to polymyositis.
The origin and course of the disease:
- Acute suppurative myositis occurs with the most severe symptoms with fever, with severe pain and symptoms of intoxication. Purulent spinal myositis develops in an existing wound to the back had penetrated infectious agent, often this type of disease occurs after surgical interventions.
- Chronic myositis develops after any of the root cause in that case, if in the acute phase, there is no required therapy. The chronic form of the disease can disturb the person for several years and leads to the development of polymyositis, and sometimes to more serious disease – dermatomyositis.
- Infectious myositis in most cases occurs after a hard flu, SARS, rheumatism, lupus erythematosus. The symptoms of the disease are only, if you eliminate the main causative agent using antibiotics. Characterized by pain when infectious myositis is combined with an increase in temperature.
- Myositis in combination with autoimmune diseases such as lupus erythematosus, rheumatoid arthritis, is hard. The resulting autoimmune complexes affect not only the organs but also the skin, skeletal muscles. The scheme of treatment of the disease should include the use of medications aimed at suppressing the activity of immune system which does not distinguish the necessary and the foreign proteins.
- Polymyositis in most patients, occurs in chronic course of the disease. If priapism is rare, it is possible to suspect malignant neoplasms of internal organs. The main symptom is considered muscle weakness.
- Toxic myositis occurs as a result of acute or chronic intoxications with various chemical substances, medicines, drugs, alcohol.
- Parasitic myositis develops from activity in the human body of worms. Often combined with allergic rashes on the skin.
- Myositis ossificans is the formation of areas of calcification, that is, accumulation of calcium in muscle fibers. This form can be both chronic and acquired, it often occurs after injuries and for violation of metabolism.
- Dermatomyositis – is one of the most severe complications of myositis. The disease can occur independently in the acute phase of inflammation and in a few years when the chronic course of the disease. Dermatomyositis affects the skin, often the patient, the phenomena of pharyngitis, conjunctivitis, stomatitis.
Typical symptoms of the disease
The main symptoms of myositis of the back muscles is their pain and limitation of movements. Pain in a certain place of the back develops over several hours and days, pain so intense that makes a sick person to find a comfortable position.
With limited motion, as well as their conduct causes increased pain. Tenderness is enhanced by the feeling of muscles on palpation in the region of tension can be identified and the muscle strands.
Suppurative myositis of the back muscles is accompanied by all the symptoms of intoxication – fever, weakness, headaches. The rise of temperature is often defined and post-infectious myositis.
The chronic course of any form of myositis develops muscle atrophy, as a consequence, muscular frame relaxes back.
The diagnosis of myositis is not difficult to exhibit, the doctor’s clinical picture suggests the presence of muscle problems. To confirm their findings, it needs to be:
- Blood tests – General and biochemical. Laboratory studies help to identify signs of inflammatory reactions and metabolic disorders.
- Tests for antibodies. Detection of antibodies needed to identify autoimmune diseases as a cause of myositis.
- MRI imaging is performed to determine the exact localization of the group of affected muscles.
- Electromyography. The technique is based on identifying the functionality of skeletal muscles using pulses of electricity.
- A biopsy of the muscles of the back are rare, as it implies the fence of the muscle fibers for precise study.
Treatment scheme of the disease
Treatment of myositis of the back muscles is the use of medication, physiotherapy, techniques of manual therapy. Only a comprehensive treatment implies complete recovery of the patient and prevents the transition of the acute phase of the disease in a chronic form.
- Mode. In myositis of the back muscles in the most acute phase of symptoms should observe complete rest, which can ensure bed rest.
- Medication – anti-inflammatory therapy in the form of injections and tablets. In the phase of pain are strong painkillers. In dorsal myositis, it is important to apply a warming ointment.
- Massage allows you increase blood circulation in the affected muscles, effectively relieves pain, increases tissue nutrition. Professionally and accurately massage can be carried out only specialist.
- Treatment of myositis folk remedies involves the use of warming compresses or dry heat. High efficiency differ honey compresses, rubbing concoctions. It is necessary to establish the metabolism and strengthen the body’s defenses, this is achieved through diet, use of herbal decoctions.
- Physiotherapy – used the warming, electrophoresis, electrical stimulation of muscles.
- In myositis, it is necessary to conduct specific exercises to recommend that your physician may.
- Well it restores the mobility of the muscles of techniques of manual therapy – acupuncture, reflexology.
What to treat myositis of the back muscles should be determined only by the attending physician! Self-treatment is dangerous and fraught with disabilities.
Preventive measures to prevent disease
To prevent the development of myositis is possible with timely treatment of infections. Prevents the loss of muscle the lack of intense physical exertion, exposure to cold. With a long presence in the same position it is necessary from time to time to change body position and use exercises to boost muscular frame.