The rheumatic polymyalgia: symptoms, causes and treatment of this disease
Complexity of diagnosis and treatment of polymyalgia rheumatica
Rheumatic polimialgia called a disease that affects the muscles of the hips, neck or shoulders.
It does not entail death, but very unpleasant, brings a lot of pain and discomfort due to weakness and excessive muscle tension and of swelling in the places of localization of the disease.
How to recognize it and, most importantly, how is it possible to cure it?
The causes of the disease
Thoroughly the causes of polymyalgia rheumatica is not revealed. It is assumed that it can occur due to predisposing factors. This includes the age, as only the older generation the disease is detected most often.
As well these include ethnicity and gender.
Appearance it occurs more often in women who live in Northern Europe.
Contribute to the development of disease are stress, immunosuppression, exposure to cold, some viruses, frequent catarrhal diseases.
As the disease manifests itself
Podiatrist Dikul: «the Penny product is No. 1 to restore the normal blood supply to the joints. Back and joints will be like in 18 years, enough time in the day to smear… Read more
The disease can start suddenly, even if no factors are not predisposed to its occurrence. Usually the pain occurs in the morning, which in many cases lose the ability to even move. Pathology can be identified by the following main symptoms:
- pain localized in the shoulders, hips, neck, and lower back;
- lose pain syndrome of the forearms;
- without a long movement may be stiffness;
- you may experience rigidity and pain in the wrists and knees.
Because this symptoms is quite extensive, the patient can often be seen, and further signs of polymialgia rheumatic character, allowing to define more precisely the clinical picture:
- weight loss;
- high temperature;
- the lack of appetite.
A set of diagnostic techniques
The diagnostic criteria are quite extensive. At least several the doctor is able to put the preliminary diagnosis. Criteria of the disease are the following:
- the presence of anemia, anorexia, or significant weight loss;
- age over 50 years;
- increased pain with increasing activity;
- muscle pain should be localized at least in two areas;
- the pain is bilateral;
- a significant limitation of motor activity in areas affected by the disease;
- More ESR 35 mm/h;
- symptoms are present for at least 2 months.
The differential diagnosis is put in the case if any of the criteria described above are not present.
In such a case, the doctor determines the disease by exclusion from the list of those diseases which are most often able to meet at this age.
This technique may be required in the case when polymyalgia rheumatica is added to any other disease. To confirm the diagnosis, usually used the following methods:
- puncture of joints allows us to study the synovial fluid and to identify possible inflammation;
- blood test;
- cerebral angiography helps to determine the condition of blood vessels and detect the risk of heart attack;
- biopsy, through which it is possible to recognize whether the inflammation granulomas;
- duplex scanning of vessels allows to diagnose how badly damaged large vessels;
- the x-rays.
The treatment that is prescribed for the disease
Methods of treatment include, primarily, the impact on the disease special pharmaceutical drugs.
Additionally, it encourages the treatment of polymyalgia rheumatica folk remedies, which makes it easier to achieve remission in disease development.
Therapy drugs, as a rule, includes the administration of oral low-dose corticosteroids. Thus, the daily dose of prednisolone can be up to 20 mg in the first treatment period. This makes it possible to achieve from the first day to reduce pain and muscle rigidity.
If the effectiveness of such treatment is low, so the doctor should prescribe other methods of influence on the disease with the help of medications.
When the effectiveness of the dosage of corticosteroids must be reduced gradually, even before that time, until the patient’s condition will not become the norm. The duration of treatment is long and it can delay for a few years.
During this time, be sure to completely examined, as taking these drugs long term may adversely affect the patient’s condition.
In addition, it is important to maintain weight, stop wearing high heels, eat moderately and engage in physical activity.
Coupled with drug therapy on the remedies and recipes of traditional medicine in the treatment of polymyalgia able to give more effective and, most importantly, fast results.
Many techniques are even encouraged by doctors, but first you will need to consult before you start taking some broth.
Relief of symptoms may be achieved through the following grasses and duties:
- Birch leaf. He is able to positively affect the bloodstream. In addition to the warm compresses decoction of young leaves can also visit the bath and use it a birch broom. After this means the pain subsides even if medicines will not be accepted. However, it should be remembered that the effect of such prolonged.
- Flowers of mullein, pour some vodka and infuse it for several days. Outside its use helps to reduce joint pain.
- Juniper berries are kept in a glass of vodka for three days, after which the resulting tincture should be taken daily.
- Corn silk should gather and prepare a decoction. For this purpose it is necessary to upload a number of flowers a glass of water to boiling, but not too hot. The resulting broth should stand for about half an hour, after which it should be filtered. To take a third of a Cup daily;
- Each ingredient should take 10 ml. the list includes alcohol, camphor, the decoction of the Golden mustache, iodine, aspirin. You should also take the usual alcohol in the amount of 300 mg. Everything is mixed, then the mixture should be left for at least 21 days. After this period, the resulting infusion of necessary to RUB the sore spots.
The most serious complication, is able to accompany rheumatic polimialgia, is the damage to the temporal region by arthritis or inflammation.
In addition to seriously eye drops, at night the patient may be accompanied by very severe pain that area of the face. If you do not pay enough attention to the treatment of temporomandibular arthritis, it may cause a heart attack.
Primary preventive measures that would avoid development of the disease, not thoroughly revealed. However doctors recommend to strengthen the body, eat well, maintain weight, pay attention to sports.
Hypothermia, anxiety, and lack of minimal physical activity can play a cruel joke and to serve as a factor in the development of the disease.